Lanyards on Golden Princess

Brissy Rookie Cruiser

I was just wondering if anyone that has been on the Golden Princess recently could confirm that you can get a hole punched in your ship card so you can attach a lanyard.

Just need to know whether to bring one with a plastic sleeve if you can't.

We are sailing next week from Sydney. Can't wait!!!

Thanks.

I was just wondering if anyone that has been on the Golden Princess recently could confirm that you can get a hole punched in your ship card so you can attach a lanyard.

Just need to know whether to bring one with a plastic sleeve if you can't.

We are sailing next week from Sydney. Can't wait!!!

Thanks.

They will do this on any Princess ship. Either at the passenger services desk or in the gift shop.

It must vary from ship to ship. They're never punched on the ships sailing out of Seattle. I'd suspect it might be only on the smaller vessels. Can't imagine having to punch holes in 3200+ cards every week on the 2 ships sailing to Alaska. Bet that would build a big arm by the end of a season!:o

Tom

Could they have been ordered with the hole already punched or used a machine?

That's always a possibility, I'd guess, although I'd suspect the latter as being the most probable since I'm sure that all the thousands of cards that Princess goes through in a year that they're all the same, with no holes. Who knows. Heck, for that matter who cares, really! :D

Tom

Admittedly a different ship, but on my cruise on the Majestic Princess they would NOT punch the cruise card. The new ships have a technology built into the card that can get wiped out by punching. They did, however, provide a free plastic pouch to attach to your lanyard to put the card in.

Admittedly a different ship, but on my cruise on the Majestic Princess they would NOT punch the cruise card. The new ships have a technology built into the card that can get wiped out by punching. They did, however, provide a free plastic pouch to attach to your lanyard to put the card in.

Sounds like they may now be getting ready for the Medallion and using a card with RFID as an interim step. Did the card have gold contacts or an RFID symbol on it like a credit card?

credit-card-chip-600.jpgrfid-visa-logo.jpg