so the AIBP is now the premier package

I never buy the drinks package as I would never drink that much. I have a 2 for one at 1500 and a glass of wine for dinner. If you are platinum you can go to deck 17 between 1700 and 1900 for cheaper drinks and nice cheese and biscuits etc.

As for the stupid plebiscite we have voted for what it's worth

But there is no more 2 for 1 or buy one and get one for a $1 (BOGO) on the Aussie Princess ships. And on Sea and Sun Princess no Suite/Elite lounge between 1700 and 1900 for cheaper drinks and snacks, like the Mexican and the shrimp towers etc.:evilsmile:

Hi guys still on the Golden haha.,...still no buy 1 get one for $1...... they had a pub lunch in the dining room today apparently, not a sea day as we are at Mystery isle.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Re pub lunch, could it be possible their alcohol sale targets are down already on Golden?

If all the cheaper drinks (offers) have disappeared, it may well affect the sales for future cruises.

Certainly will, the Food & Beverage Managers (F&B) will be worried about meeting their 'Adult Beverage' sales targets.

They will need more F&B staff to police those trying to smuggle grog on board.:evilsmile:

Re pub lunch, could it be possible their alcohol sales are down already on Golden?

Maybe Mic, but at the Princess pub lunches, from my experience mostly held in the 'Wheelhouse Bar' not all consume a purchased adult beverage. On QM2, they had sort of pub lunch on every day in one of the public rooms, not all were imbibing.

My AIBP package is best..my garage fridge and my cocktail cabinet, lol. And I can have more than the Princess mandated and prescribed 15 drinks a day if I want to, lol. If I can sneak them pass the 'boss.' I am sure some of you out there can relate to this.

Maybe Mic, but at the Princess pub lunches, from my experience mostly held in the 'Wheelhouse Bar' not all consume a purchased adult beverage. On QM2, they had sort of pub lunch on every day in one of the public rooms, not all were imbibing.

My AIBP package is best..my garage fridge and my cocktail cabinet, lol. And I can have more than the Princess mandated and prescribed 15 drinks a day if I want to, lol. If I can sneak them pass the 'boss.' I am sure some of you out there can relate to this.

Marion had posted that not me. But I agree, at the pub lunches many people do have a drink with their lunch but not necessarily an alcoholic one.

I think Princess should be praised for this important public health initiative.

By restricting people to only 15 drinks per day, it will aid in the reduction of intake by 1 litre per year. Thus educing the likelihood of liver cancer.

So, all charge your glasses and Cheers to Princess.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/health/reduce-alcohol-by-a-litre-a-year-see-a-15-per-cent-reduction-in-liver-cancer-20170924-gynlh4.html

Always look on the bright side to life.....

As Monty Python said? :p

The AIBP 15 drink policy makes a mockery of Princess statement on their 'Australian based ships'...like 'Princess Cruises complies with NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy.' What a load of bull.

If I had 15 alcoholic drinks...I would be full as a goog, well affected by intoxicating liquor and refused service in a licenced premise n NSW.

As Monty Python said? :p

The AIBP 15 drink policy makes a mockery of Princess statement on their 'Australian based ships'...like 'Princess Cruises complies with NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy.' What a load of bull.

If I had 15 alcoholic drinks...I would be full as a goog, well affected by intoxicating liquor and refused service in a licenced premise n NSW.

I don't need to drive, so if I have 15 drinks, (one every hour or so- over 18 hours), I may be a bit tipsy , but I wouldn't be drunk. Mind you, I wouldn't want to drink that much ever.

I think it is purely to stop people sharing their drink packages.

I don't need to drive, so if I have 15 drinks, (one every hour or so- over 18 hours), I may be a bit tipsy , but I wouldn't be drunk. Mind you, I wouldn't want to drink that much ever.

I think it is purely to stop people sharing their drink packages.

But if you had 15 pints of Old Rosie's scrumpy cider you might not be standing Uncle Mic, rocket fuel that stuff, but I like it.;p

So someone at Princess finally realised that the Aussie cruisers were buying the drink package for A$59, when it should have been US$59 and rectified it and now all hell has broken loose :-)

And realistically the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day can only be in response to sharing - I like a drink as much as most, but certainly wouldn't exceed 15 drinks per day.

Cheers

So someone at Princess finally realised that the Aussie cruisers were buying the drink package for A$59, when it should have been US$59 and rectified it and now all hell has broken loose :-)

And realistically the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day can only be in response to sharing - I like a drink as much as most, but certainly wouldn't exceed 15 drinks per day.

Cheers

Exactly right on both counts

Although when they realise that drink packages have a much lower take up, they may discount them to entice people back.

Cheers

maybe they should of rectified it 2 or 3 years ago when the exchange rate was $1.10, $53 aus for the AIBP.

maybe they should of rectified it 2 or 3 years ago when the exchange rate was $1.10, $53 aus for the AIBP.

The last time A$ was at parity of above was in 1Q 2013, so 4 1/2 years ago - sometimes time flies right :-) In any case, if Princess had done it then, or even if they had done the conversion from US$ right from the get-go of the introduction of the package, it would still mean that today the price (US$59) in A$ would be around $86. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Seems to me people got a bargain & now they don't & it's up to the individual to cruise with Princess, or not, or to buy the AIBP, or not.

:loudcry::oJust had a scarey thought, what if they put a 15 drink limit on Soda and More

That is only scary for you though.

Yes, not scary for me either. Like my beer, a little wine now & again and even a spirit or two as a nightcap, but wouldn't drink 15 softies in 3 months :-)

Gut, I'm sure you'll be ok.