Premium beverage package gone up to 68.99 per day -

Mish415

yes, their drink package prices and policies were part of the reason i chose princess, and now they changed it.

As far as I know if you have already purchased the package the price will not go up.

Are you aging that you do not think it is fair that you have to pay the higher price at a future date on a cruise that you previously booked and did not already purchased the package?

$69 a day ? Insane .

IMO , Anyone who can drink enough to make this a value over individual drinks , has a problem .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

15 drinks is almost the equivalent of a full bottle - anyone who drinks that much on the ship probably drinks that much on a daily basis - I agree, they have a problem and should visit Dr. Bob

What no one in this thread seems to have noticed is that cans of pop (soda) and large bottles of still and sparkling water are no longer included in the package. Just fountain soda and small bottles (which environmentally is ridiculous if you drink a lot of water).

Some "Premium" package for $70/day pp [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

eta- pls. ignore this post, the numbers I was given are wrong.

The other thing people in this thread haven't noticed is the price increase is only $3.64 (4.18 with gratuity). If people were willing to buy it at the previous price, I am having a hard time understanding why this is such a budget buster.

Edited by cherylandtk

The other thing people in this thread haven't noticed is the price increase is only $3.64 (4.18 with gratuity). If people were willing to buy it at the previous price, I am having a hard time understanding why this is such a budget buster.

I think you need to check your Maths.

Old prices (incl gratuity) USD : 57.45

New price: USD 68.99

Annie

I am not a teetotaler, but 15 drinks a day???? I just can't wrap my brain around drinking that much on a daily basis for 7-whatever days!!! I love the unlimited soda and more for $8.05 though. As you probably can tell, I don't drink much at all, but this way I can get unlimited soda, milkshakes, and my favorite, the virgin pina coladas, mojitos, etc. Then every once in awhile I have the "unvirgin" drink! This way to me is the best and least expensive way. Again, are there really that many who would want to drink 15 a day?

Also, I see where several people said they picked Princess only because of the old drink package? Really, they don't mean that was the main and only reason. I could see it as a reason, but now they don't like Princess? And after talking to Princess just in conversation, I am not surprised by the price increase, due mainly but not completely (they are a business after all) to the abuse of the system by us.

So if drinks were on average $11.50 or so, you would have to drink more than 6 alcohol drinks a day to make the package worth while. I really can't even see it existing! But then again that is naive me.

Pooh

So if drinks were on average $11.50 or so, you would have to drink more than 6 alcohol drinks a day to make the package worth while. I really can't even see it existing! But then again that is naive me.

If all you drink is alcoholic, yes, but we also like to have mochas in the morning, Pelligrino during the day, and so on. When you include all that, too, it can add up. Are those no longer included? For real??

I am wondering if the individual price of drinks has gone up which is why they upped the $10 limit to $12 on the new package and let the people that had already purchased/sip and sail the upped price limit. They knew they would catch holy *ell" if they told those that had purchased/gotten sip and sail and then they saw that the drinks are no longer under $10 but a couple of bucks more meaning they couldn't be had under the program.

The other thing is that 40% off a bottle of wine to consume in your cabin or in the dining room is now only 25%. off. That will be a money maker for them. I, for instance, was going to purchase a bottle for the cabin rather than go to the trouble to bring my allowable two bottles with me (DH doesn't drink). Now I will be rethinking it. I can bring two of the bottles of my preferred wine for less price than one bottle price on the ship. Not as convenient but lots more wine to drink than I would have had otherwise (lol).

There is no such thing as a "free lunch." (lol)

Is it also true that Princess have done away with happy hour for all cruises ?

No. It has been reported that a couple of Australian cruises didn't have the BOGO and I "think" there may have been one reported on CB as well (but can't remember for sure) but other cruises are still offering the BOGO. There has been no universal removal of the offer.

I'm curious how Princess compares to other lines for the packages.

Celebrity offers the package as a perk when choosing a balcony or above or I believe $55/day for there basic which includes H2O.

From what I've read here on CC the Celebrity "Basic" package is pretty poor compared with the Princess package.

I'm curious how Princess compares to other lines for the packages.

Celebrity offers the package as a perk when choosing a balcony or above or I believe $55/day for there basic which includes H2O.

Celebrity has three packages, basic, classic and premium. (I might be wrong on the exact names - need more coffee)

Anyways, I'm not familiar with the basic but the classic is any drink up to $9, beer up to $6 and "basic" bottled water. That's what comes as part of booking balcony or above and is $55/ day if purchased.

For a $10/day upgrade you can get the premium which is ANY drink up to $13 and canned pop and premium (pellegrino) bottled water- ANY size.

For the classic and premium if you want a drink above the limit you just pay the difference between $9 or $13 and the price of the drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note: The Premier Beverage Package on Australian and New Zealand voyages features the same inclusions, but due to currency conversions, the new price is AU$86.99 per day including gratuity across all Australian-based vessels. A spokesperson from Princess Cruises' Sydney office said: "In addition to keeping the unlimited [non-alcoholic] offerings, we have enhanced the value of the package by adding alcoholic drinks up to AU$16, offering 25 percent off all bottles of wine, and including a one litre bottle of water (still or sparkling) free when you dine at a specialty dining restaurant."

didnt the article show australian prices at like 80 something pp/pd???

Note: The Premier Beverage Package on Australian and New Zealand voyages features the same inclusions, but due to currency conversions, the new price is AU$86.99 per day including gratuity across all Australian-based vessels. A spokesperson from Princess Cruises' Sydney office said: "In addition to keeping the unlimited [non-alcoholic] offerings, we have enhanced the value of the package by adding alcoholic drinks up to AU$16, offering 25 percent off all bottles of wine, and including a one litre bottle of water (still or sparkling) free when you dine at a specialty dining restaurant."

Last week before the increase was the cost of the Australian package AUD$72.16 (some as the other markets. Or was the price last week actually AUD 57.49.

Ahoy!

It appears there's a lot of moaning about the current increase in beverage package pricing and, I would assume, individual beverages and, reports of the demise of the BOGOs.

I can only add that the per diem charges on Princess and similar lines seems to be quite reasonable (room, board, entertainment, room service and more than enough basic fluids, i.e. coffee, tea, juices readily available).

If one desires to have a drink (alcohol or otherwise) other than those basic drinks included in the cruise booking then one must pay for that desire. I believe most experienced cruisers hav

Ahoy!

It appears there's a lot of moaning about the current increase in beverage package pricing and, I would assume, individual beverages and, reports of the demise of the BOGOs.

I can only add that the per diem charges on Princess and similar lines seems to be quite reasonable (room, board, entertainment, room service and more than enough basic fluids, i.e. coffee, tea, juices readily available).

If one desires to have a drink (alcohol or otherwise) other than those basic drinks included in the cruise booking then one must pay for that desire. I believe most experienced cruisers have their own habits and budgets pre-planned regardless of the cruise line.

Needless to say, if one expects pre-paid this and pre-paid that then one should consider another cruise line that includes those amenities (drinks, laundry service, specialty restaurants, etc.) . Seaborne and Silver Seas comes to mind.

Without a doubt the per diem cost might prove to be dramatic to some.

In any event, & BTW, your on vacation!

Please don't nickel & dime yourselves. Life's too short.

Be well.

Bob:)

Princess has become a clone of Holland America regarding policy. This is a Carnival thing.

HAL have a mirror drink package with exception that they offer two tiers of all inclusive, one for drinks to $9.00/15 drink limit and a premium package with drinks to $15.00/15 drink limit. Price: 72.67/day with tip !!!!

Princess' also has mirrored HAL's policy to pre-pay excursions.

HAL requires that all passengers 21 and over sharing the same cabin must purchase the all inclusive plan if anyone in the cabin purchased a plan.

Its all or none on HAL.

Is it the same now on Princess ?

Princess has been officially assimilated,

"Resistance is futile":o

Edited by Bourbon Believer
Addition to post