Upgrade Fairy/Luggage Tags Question

chilis

Hi there! My husband and I are leaving on Sunday for our first ever cruise. Being a good little overplanner I have been voraciously reading these threads since the day I booked in January. I have seen many upgrade fairy posts, but never thought it would happen to us!

However, I logged in this morning to print our set sail pass and noted that our cabin is now a deck 7 balcony rather than a deck 3 oceanview. However, our luggage tags are still noted as the deck 3 oceanview cabin. Am I correct in assuming that these two systems don't talk to each other and we will need to get tags from a porter? Do I just show them the new set sail pass once we arrive at the port?

Thank you in advance for any answers. Also thank you to all of you for your posts in the past. As I mentioned, I have been reading the boards pretty much daily since January. I am actually slightly bummed that our cruise is the same week as the sure to be epic live blogs coming this week, lol. Although I suppose that will give me something to read to get over the post cruise blues when I get home. ;)

On page three of your set sail papers is a smaller black and white copy of your luggage tags. It should read with your new cabin number, if your set sail has indeed been upgraded to a different deck level.

I have used that in the past when I had a last minute change of cabin. Works just fine, or as other post mentioned, you

can have the porters do your tags.

I just like the clear and more easy to read typed tag. Some of the porters have hand writing that is worse than I have. :p

I don't know if I'm the only one who does it, but I never print luggage tags and just have the porters give me tags at the port.

Not everything works the same for everyone, but if that is what works for you...then that is the best for you! :) Nothing wrong with that!

Me, I use those nice reusable plastic tags, slipping in the clearly printed cabin number luggage tags I print out online. I like using the tags on the last day to slip in the disembarkation tags also. No taping, stapling, or worry if the flimsy tags will be torn off at the wrong time. ;)

Hi there! My husband and I are leaving on Sunday for our first ever cruise. Being a good little overplanner I have been voraciously reading these threads since the day I booked in January. I have seen many upgrade fairy posts, but never thought it would happen to us!

However, I logged in this morning to print our set sail pass and noted that our cabin is now a deck 7 balcony rather than a deck 3 oceanview. However, our luggage tags are still noted as the deck 3 oceanview cabin. Am I correct in assuming that these two systems don't talk to each other and we will need to get tags from a porter? Do I just show them the new set sail pass once we arrive at the port?

Thank you in advance for any answers. Also thank you to all of you for your posts in the past. As I mentioned, I have been reading the boards pretty much daily since January. I am actually slightly bummed that our cruise is the same week as the sure to be epic live blogs coming this week, lol. Although I suppose that will give me something to read to get over the post cruise blues when I get home. ;)

brilliant, congrats on the free upgrade :-)

I don't know if I'm the only one who does it, but I never print luggage tags and just have the porters give me tags at the port.
Thats what we do. Except will be printing our own tags when sailing out of seattle. There is one table that you have to goto to get luggage tags. One longshoreman providing tags for two ships. That took about 45 minutes to get our tags.

That was crazy. All other ports we cruised out of, all the porters can give you luggage tags.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

On page three of your set sail papers is a smaller black and white copy of your luggage tags. It should read with your new cabin number, if your set sail has indeed been upgraded to a different deck level.

I have used that in the past when I had a last minute change of cabin. Works just fine, or as other post mentioned, you

can have the porters do your tags.

I just like the clear and more easy to read typed tag. Some of the porters have hand writing that is worse than I have. :p

The third page does indeed reflect the new cabin number on a small copy of the luggage tag! I just didn't know if that was a "real" luggage tag since it's so much smaller. I had purchased the plastic luggage tag holders you referenced as well, and it's definitely not the right size for those!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Now I just have to worry about whether or not either my husband and I will get seasick. I initially picked midship level 3 since we were newbie cruisers and wanted to make sure we mitigated the movement. New cabin is deck seven, somewhat forward, but still fairly midship. But I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

The third page does indeed reflect the new cabin number on a small copy of the luggage tag! I just didn't know if that was a "real" luggage tag since it's so much smaller. I had purchased the plastic luggage tag holders you referenced as well, and it's definitely not the right size for those! ...

That luggage tag is not the real luggage tag. The purpose is to use that tag to show to the porters so they can make larger, adhesive luggage tags.

We had a visit from the upgrade fairy on our last sailing too. Congratulations on yours!

It may be getting a bit tight time-wise for you, but I called Crown & Anchor and had them reissue my cruise docs. It took about 6-8 hrs for the new ones to show up online.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dan.

The third page does indeed reflect the new cabin number on a small copy of the luggage tag! I just didn't know if that was a "real" luggage tag since it's so much smaller. I had purchased the plastic luggage tag holders you referenced as well, and it's definitely not the right size for those!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Now I just have to worry about whether or not either my husband and I will get seasick. I initially picked midship level 3 since we were newbie cruisers and wanted to make sure we mitigated the movement. New cabin is deck seven, somewhat forward, but still fairly midship. But I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Since the tag is printed out on a full sheet of paper, I just cut it to fit the plastic sleeve reusable tags. Has always worked in the past and just has to show your cabin number (as it shows). I like it since it is much easier to read than the hand scribbled porters tags, and no waiting for them to hand print one up. But that is a personal decision, as everyone does something different that works for them.

Seasick? The first cruise I was on, I thought I would get seasick and wore one of those "patches". The first night I was sooo sick. Dehydrated, dizzy, stomach ache...awful! Took off the patch and was fine within hours and fine the rest of the cruise. Hard to tell if it will work for you...or if you get seasick until you try. Been on "a few" cruises and never get sea sick unless we are going through a really bad storm. Green apples work well for that, but there are many...many..other remedies out there also.

That luggage tag is not the real luggage tag. The purpose is to use that tag to show to the porters so they can make larger, adhesive luggage tags.

Worked for me each time when I had a late cabin change and could no longer print the traditional tags for the new

cabin. Luggage arrived just fine each time.

Yeah, sorry Bob...I am the bad girl rebel for sure. ;p:cool:

Worked for me each time when I had a late cabin change and could no longer print the traditional tags for the new

cabin. Luggage arrived just fine each time.

Yeah, sorry Bob...I am the bad girl rebel for sure. ;p:cool:

I'll bet you wear your swimsuit into Windjammer too!

I do that too and when I posted about it on another thread I was told I should be ashamed of myself for being so inconsiderate. And here is the ridiculous post to prove it.....

I would be totally ashamed to admit what you do, can you imagine if all 3500 passengers did that, the ship would leave port hours late, do be considerate for your fellow cruses :o:mad:

Is it just me or is the luggage tags confusing! These are not the actual tags. What? Why can't they just put the tags like Princess does and you can still use the clear holders.

The full size tags are downloadable at around 7 weeks before the cruise.

I do that too and when I posted about it on another thread I was told I should be ashamed of myself for being so inconsiderate. And here is the ridiculous post to prove it.....

That’s crazy! In my experience each porter has a bundle in his pocket. Takes less than 5 min to scribble on the tags and the bags on their way. Some people....

The full size tags are downloadable

at around 7 weeks before the cruise.

Is it just me or is the luggage tags confusing!

These are not the actual tags. What?

Why can't they just put the tags like Princess does and you can still use the clear holders.

Thanks for the info !

WE sail on November 23rd.

Right now, there is no button to push for luggage tags(?)