Cruising in January- Eastern Caribbean

Beachgirl676

It is a little misleading to identify this itinerary as Eastern Caribbean as that particular Bahamas based itinerary would have weather similar to south Florida with regards to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Grand Turk is further south and would be warmer as it is closer to the Caribbean. But none of these ports of call are actually in the Eastern Caribbean.

But the weather should be very pleasant then. Enjoy your cruise.

The reality is that no one knows for sure.

Yes, the odds say the weather will be nice with highs in the 80's.

However..........Once in awhile you will get a cold front that comes in. One time we were there in January of 2010 and it was cold. In January of 2016 it was stormy for part of the time we were there in January.

The majority of the time it will be nice but you just never know when it comes to weather.

Keith

The reality is that no one knows for sure.

Yes, the odds say the weather will be nice with highs in the 80's.

However..........Once in awhile you will get a cold front that comes in. One time we were there in January of 2010 and it was cold. In January of 2016 it was stormy for part of the time we were there in January.

The majority of the time it will be nice but you just never know when it comes to weather.

Keith

Thank you for your reply, I do know the weather is unpredictable I was just hoping to hear some experiences from others to calm my anxiety. I've only ever cruised in august before so this is a big difference for me but I suppose anything will be better then the snow and winter temps I'll be leaving behind in Jersey!

Weather is always great for swimming in January. However, due to the hurricane's who knows what ports you might be sent to. Many ports have changed.

I think the only change may possibly be grand Turk. We are sailin January 20 so hoping it will be up and running by then I know they cancelled all grand Turk ports up until November so right now it's just a wait and see.