Higher Mariner levels

Should HAL consider 6,7,or 8 star levels with free wifi and other perqs?:)

I don't know what good those levels would do. It takes 200 cruise days to qualify for four star and 500 cruise days to qualify for five star. At that rate, you'd need 800 days for six star and 1400 for eight star. Is wifi that important?

I don't know what good those levels would do. It takes 200 cruise days to qualify for four star and 500 cruise days to qualify for five star. At that rate, you'd need 800 days for six star and 1400 for eight star. Is wifi that important?

My sentiments to a "T" ... (y) (y) (y) ... and, no, free wifi would not be an additional incentive for me to cruise ...

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

HAL does have a subgroup called "5 star Diamond", so maybe there is some movement in the direction to higher levels.

Whether HAL should: some ships don't do a particularly good job of the Mariner program as it is (poor accounting of the rewards, missing invitations to Mariner events, differing ideas of what is eligible or not for the dining discounts, etc), so more levels could add to the problems.

Edited by SilvertoGold

For those of doing live threads - it would be a great perk. Heck it would be a great perk if they gave us free wifi for doing live threads ;). Good advertising for HAL IMO ;)

As to the 800 days, that's within reach but as Silver to Gold points out - the 5* benefits cause difficulties for some ships sometimes. They might have difficulty coping with another level if they don't have the 5* down.

Rockerman275 there can be many passengers on longer cruises that have over 800 days!!!!

At this time the number of 5 star cruisers is utterly amazing on some cruises, particularly longer ones and on those with unusual itineraries. Alaska - no, Caribbean - no. seven day most anywhere - no.

I am one of those folks (5 star) who would welcome more free (well, no additional charge) internet time. However, on the cruises I take there are so many of us that I dread to think of what "free" time would do to the internet speed and even availability.

aliaschief - I agree, and I can afford the internet time I use, but it WOULD be a nice perk, IMO,

Rockerman275 there can be many passengers on longer cruises that have over 800 days!!!!

At this time the number of 5 star cruisers is utterly amazing on some cruises, particularly longer ones and on those with unusual itineraries. Alaska - no, Caribbean - no. seven day most anywhere - no.

I am one of those folks (5 star) who would welcome more free (well, no additional charge) internet time. However, on the cruises I take there are so many of us that I dread to think of what "free" time would do to the internet speed and even availability.

This is a good point.

Also, and for example, the Cooking Classes: complimentary to 5 stars, are filled up quickly by them (yes, I'm guilty). If the ship doesn't want to do extra classes, some pax miss out.

We like the perks we receive now and we'll happily take whatever perks HAL wishes to hand out, and with thanks.

HAL does have a subgroup called "5 star Diamond", so maybe there is some movement in the direction to higher levels.

Whether HAL should: some ships don't do a particularly good job of the Mariner program as it is (poor accounting of the rewards, missing invitations to Mariner events, differing ideas of what is eligible or not for the dining discounts, etc), so more levels could add to the problems.

What is "5 star Diamond"?

We have over 1000 ACTUAL sea days.

We hadn't heard of it either.

First Gala Night, our wine steward said we had a complimentary bottle of wine up to $40.00 worth. ("didn't you get the note in your cabin about this?").

We asked the area Assistant Dining Room Manager about it. "Yes, 5 Star Diamond perk". We asked who qualifies; "not sure, but I saw your names on the list".

That is all I know. Maybe for over 700 cruise days, or over 700 actual days? Maybe a ship thing, not Mariner Society per se.

First Gala Night, our wine steward said we had a complimentary bottle of wine up to $40.00 worth. ("didn't you get the note in your cabin about this?").

We asked the area Assistant Dining Room Manager about it. "Yes, 5 Star Diamond perk". We asked who qualifies; "not sure, but I saw your names on the list".

That is all I know. Maybe for over 700 cruise days, or over 700 actual days? Maybe a ship thing, not Mariner Society per se.

I have well over 700 actual on board days b but no $400 bottle of wine for me. :D However, i AM not complaining as I did have a very lovely gift.

I have over 700 actual days, and have not been offered any wine, or been referred to as 5* diamond. Never heard the term, but if they want to add me to the list, and will give me a wine I like (or let me pay up to one I want), I'll be happy to join the club.

I can be bought.

we don't need extra perks. We were thrilled when we got free laundry. It's our favorite perk.

BINGO!

We ❤️ the free laundry...that's good enough for me! [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ship were you on?

As I said -- we have over 1000 actual sea days and have never gotten anything free -- no wine -- nothing.

What ship were you on?

As I said -- we have over 1000 actual sea days and have never gotten anything free -- no wine -- nothing.

KK: Rotterdam, Europe

This may be a ship program. There were a few, maybe 10 or 12, who qualified. Quite a nice goodwill idea, we thought. The cruise was a big cut above the average HAL experience.

I have over 700 actual days, and have not been offered any wine, or been referred to as 5* diamond. Never heard the term, but if they want to add me to the list, and will give me a wine I like (or let me pay up to one I want), I'll be happy to join the club.

I can be bought.

Diamond is a Royal Caribbean awards level. Never heard the term on HAL.