Cagney's: No reservations for 2?

kpjb

Just booked for the Escape in December, and I was looking to make reservations for Cagney's. When I check online, they only have options for 1, 4, 6, or 8 people. Anyone encounter this before? It seems that if there's a table for 4 open that they would seat it with either 2, 3, or 4 people.

I don't want to reserve for 4 if there's a penalty for the 2 "ghost people" not showing up, but I also want to make sure we get in, as we've never done the upgraded dining before and everyone seems to say that this is a must-do.

All the other upcharge restaurants have availability for any number of people.

"How do I book my Dining, Entertainment and Spa activities prior to sailing?

Onboard activities can be booked online at ncl.com/myncl; by calling 866-625-1167 (for Shore Excursions) and 800-327-7030 for Spa (Norwegian Epic only), Dining and Entertainment, or by contacting your travel professional."

Call up the number and tell them that you would like to reserve for 2 people at Cagney's.

they might of been filled up that time slot. best to book it onboard asap

No. We ran into this issue on our last cruise. As you said, reservations are available, just not for the number you want.

I would book for four, then call and try to have them adjust it. They may not be able to, but we were told that's okay. In our case, we had a party of three, and that just wasn't possible for the times we wanted (but we could book for four -- very strange).

If calling doesn't work, go see restaurant reservations when you board. They should be able to take care of things for you then, but this way it guarantees the time you want.

Enjoy your cruise!

Only about 30% of reservation slots are made available before boarding. OP has three choices, book a larger table and then cancel two people when they board the ship, or wait and book when on boar, or call and see what they can do over the phone.

I never used their website or app to book anything. They have TV screens on the walls with green and yellow and I guess red if particular dining is full.

I never saw it full or busy. Never had a problem eating where I wanted to eat. Only thing was by day 4-5 everything started tasting the same.

What you try to read on the NCL disfunctional website and reality is two different things.

A table option for 1 is odd. We ran into that on our cruise, only even numbers were choices and we had a group of 3. We just booked a table for 4 and adjusted it on the ship. In your case I'd probably book the table for 1, since that will have to put you at a table that can seat 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never used their website or app to book anything. They have TV screens on the walls with green and yellow and I guess red if particular dining is full. I never saw it full or busy. Never had a problem eating where I wanted to eat. Only thing was by day 4-5 everything started tasting the same. What you try to read on the NCL disfunctional website and reality is two different things.

If you want to eat during prime time at popular restaurants like Cagneys, you MUST make reservations. Walk-ups are often invited to return at 9:00 for dinner.

Just booked for the Escape in December, and I was looking to make reservations for Cagney's. When I check online, they only have options for 1, 4, 6, or 8 people. Anyone encounter this before? It seems that if there's a table for 4 open that they would seat it with either 2, 3, or 4 people.

I don't want to reserve for 4 if there's a penalty for the 2 "ghost people" not showing up, but I also want to make sure we get in, as we've never done the upgraded dining before and everyone seems to say that this is a must-do.

All the other upcharge restaurants have availability for any number of people.

There are plenty of tables for 2. Give them a call. As explained to me when we were booking speicaly dining a year ago, they hold a lot of tables for booking after arriving on the ship. Either you can get what you want, by calling or as soon as you get on the ship. I would certainly call them.

Since Cagney's is a la carte, there is no charge when you make your reservation online. Book for 4 and then tell the restaurant reservation desk that you want to change it to a party of 2 once you get onboard.

Also, we were told that only 10-20% of the available tables are actually reservable (online or on the ship), since they want to encourage "freestyle" dining.

If I were you, I'd make the reservation for 4 to have the date/time that you want. Even if you don't, though, you should be fine.

I read something about fees for cancelling speciality dining reservations. The fee is $15.00 unless you cancel 24 hours ahead of time unless it is on embarkation day and then you can cancel up to 5:00 pm. I would call and see about the reservations. I booked a table for two at Cagney's ahead of time and find it odd they have it for 1 but not 2.

Candi

Table for 1 for advanced booking is a curve ball, maybe that's exclusive for solo pax in Studio cabins on the *Away class ships :rolleyes: - ok, just kidding & poking fun.

Here's my suggestions, besides calling - which is "lots" of work & being in queue until the next available agent ... the wait is often a very short one, I just my call on speakerphone & multi-task while waiting. Download & install the free NCL iConcierge App first on your smartphone and wait until embarkation morning ... once you are at the pier/cruise terminal and checked in, with your stateroom assignment (as you will need it to register & log into the ship's free WiFi inTRAnet ...) - sign in online and check for Speciality Dining availabilities - book it then.

We've done this several times & for multiple staterooms, before stepping onboard & while waiting ... never had to stand in line to see the rep's at the Dining Reservation Desk/Kiosk (they actually had it setup inside the pier's waiting area) to book - as you can DIY online with the App. There're good prime-time slots available, book them as most of them were taken up & gone by Day 2 and/or evening of Day 1.

As for the no-show fees for NOT cancelling Specialty Dining ... that's someone new and/or back again ?? Years ago, it was enforced & done but in recent years, changed and ... often resulting in no-shows with some folks holding the slots and not cancelling in good faith - with various dining packages. It's a good thing, IMO.

Since Cagney's is a la carte, there is no charge when you make your reservation online. Book for 4 and then tell the restaurant reservation desk that you want to change it to a party of 2 once you get onboard.

Why would the OP book a table for 4, which could possibly hinder a party of 3 or 4 from being able to book? Book a table for 1 (there are no tables for 1, only 2 or more) and when onboard tell them it is for 2.

Same thing happened to us re the Japanese venue. I called and they booked it for four (we only need three) and was advised to have the concierge or the venue itself modify it after we board. Why? Because better to have space at the day and time we prefer rather than waiting and have NOTHING available was the rationale BY THE NCL Rep.