Night before the cruise

bluvsu2

Leaving from Tampa Fl.

Booked La Quinta on East Fowler Ave

Cruise is Carnavial 09/05/2018

I am not cruising until Sept. 5th of 2018. Is it crazy that I just booked a room for the night before the cruise. I found a good deal for 100.00 a night not far from Port. It's the La Quinta Inn. It is refundable and being split between 2 people. Any advice or should I cancel and wait? I am just trying to get as much done as cheap as possible. TIA for all the advice.

Edited by bluvsu2

Don't think it's crazy at all. If you feel it is a good deal then you should get it. Additionally, there could be price increases between now and then. If you're happy, move on to the next thing that needs to be priced and reserved.

I am not cruising until Sept. 5th of 2018. Is it crazy that I just booked a room for the night before the cruise. I found a good deal for 100.00 a night not far from Port. It's the La Quinta Inn. Any advice or should I cancel and wait? I am just trying to get as much done as cheap as possible. TIA for all the advice.

Not crazy at all, what's the downside?

Of course it's not crazy! :D Better than the other way around - lots of posts by people who waited way too long and now can't find anything.

Heads up - there are many ports and many La Quinta Inns. Next time you post, if you could mention your embarkation city that would be helpful. People who know the area or have stayed there can give their advice that way. Also, when we book hotels we book with a refundable rate. That way if something less expensive shows up or we have to change our plans, it is easy to just cancel without penalty.

Have fun!

If prices go down, you can cancel and save money. If they go up, you will have saved the difference. If they stay the same, you will have lost the investment income you might have earned - probably not much - possibly even a loss.

It's just like booking the cruise itself: when you see a deal you like, take it.

Leaving from Tampa Fl.

Booked La Quinta on East Fowler Ave... Is it crazy that I just booked a room for the night before the cruise.

I don't think it's crazy! But as others have said, I'd keep an eye on it. And while I was at it, I'd keep an eye on prices around downtown, closer to port. If this is the LaQuinta I'm thinking about (up by USF), it's not super close. I'm guessing around half an hour, give or take. But if that's the one, traffic getting from there to downtown can be a pain.

Another option worth considering is looking east of downtown in the Brandon area. That's farther from the airport, but you could jump on one of the two expressways (if you're willing to pay the toll) and be at the port in about 15 minutes. That's my daily commute and it's largely free of the traffic snarls we see elsewhere in Tampa.

Bon voyage!

Leaving from Tampa Fl.

Booked La Quinta on East Fowler Ave

Cruise is Carnavial 09/05/2018

Is it crazy that I just booked a room for the night before the cruise. It's the La Quinta Inn.

Heads up - there are many ports and many La Quinta Inns. Next time you post, if you could mention your embarkation city that would be helpful.

The OP mentioned port was Tampa.

By the way. I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker but years ago someone told me "La Quinta" means Behind Denny's.

I'm from the area. I would keep looking in the Ybor or Downtown area as they are super close to the port. Even South Tampa is closer. I've heard of many using Hotwire to get riverfront hotels allowed than 100. It was the Westin I believe. There are several hotels in the area.

The Barrymore is often found lower as well on Hotwire. I once got 75.

But, it's not a bad price if you can't find cheaper. The cab/Uber will be a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP mentioned port was Tampa.

By the way. I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker but years ago someone told me "La Quinta" means Behind Denny's.

OP edited the post which was noted in a follow up post and in the header of the OP as well.

I always call the hotel directly to book....sometimes, they have "in house" specials that the 800 number doesn't have. I NEVER use 3rd party booking sites....too many hoops to jump thru if you want to change or modify something. You can get the address from the "travel/hotel" website...look up their local phone number and call directly. I've gotten all kinds of "special rates".....it's great!

We have a cruise planned for June 22 2018 any and all reservations have already been made, if the major stuff is out of the way now you can sit back relax and focus on the small stuff like what shore excursions you plan on doing or what you would like to do with that day that you arrive early. The main thing is that you have already done one of the major smart things and are planning on arriving one day early!