I need 2 Points!

Richjoxyz

The only tier change that is recognized mid-cruise is when one attains Pinnacle. The rest are effective with the next cruise, which has always been the case in our experience.

Can only speak for the last cruise when we became platinum. We got the pin, the offers on the seapass etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! So many responses, thank you.

So, my options are...

Leave the wife at home She votes no, me too.

Take a short cruise. Hard to do, we have a 17 night cruise on HAL at Christmas and a 7 night cruise on Rhapsody April 1st that brings us to 78 points. Europe cruise is in may, 12 nights.

None of the other options really work. Stuck at 78 I guess.

You could try what we do. Airfare is expensive......so we book a cruise we want and then add the prior or later sailing on to get more than a week for all the travel expenses.

Sometimes, not on the same ship. We check the schedules and might get off the Independence and board the 4 day Serenade(both inFt Lauderdale). Even if one ship is in FLL and the other is in Miami.

It's just another way to get your extra few points without having to travel($$$$$) from coast to coast. The short sailings are cheap sometimes to add to an existing booking.

Agree. I'd bet most of us have/had been within a couple of points after a cruise or hit the required number of points during but before the end of a cruise.

Probably more than we can count!

Anticipation is part of the fun! Like dreaming of the things you will do when

you retire, waiting to open your Christmas presents on Christmas morning,

saving up for that new car, that long awaited trip to Alaska ..etc...etc...etc. ;)

Agree. Think about it - probably most tier levels change mid cruise. Most - if not all - of ours have. I think it would be very rare for the exact number of points needed for a tier change to occur with the first day of the subsequent cruise. Mid level tier change recognition by the LA's on board would be a nightmare for them to keep up with. That is why the policy states that points are accumulated post cruise with any tier level change effective on the next. :)

Totally agree!! Too much "Give it to me now" going on in the world. :o

I just did the math and after 2 more cruises in a suite (yeah...I'm hooked), we will be at 76 points. Time to start a new, completely unfounded controversy...RCI is purposely playing with their points formula and levels to leave us all a few points short of diamond, in an attempt to sell more cabins on short cruises! I, for one, will not stand for this unethical behavior and plan to immediate start over and build points on a different cruise line. If Richard Fain will credit my account with 4 points, I will consider staying. Who's with me? ;p

LOL!! You first! ;p:p

Almost-78 point club here too! We have 70 now and booked on an 8-nighter in December. We keep discussing possibility of upgrading to a suite or anything to get us to that level...but prohibitively expensive for our sailing right now...but I'll keep watching!

I actually booked a GS cabin (for access to CL) on our turn over cruise..did not have to wait to use the lounge on our last cruise as D's (that was before there was a DL on the Brilliance)...officially turning to D+ with the points later. ;)

Wow! So many responses, thank you.

So, my options are...

Leave the wife at home She votes no, me too.

Take a short cruise. Hard to do, we have a 17 night cruise on HAL at Christmas and a 7 night cruise on Rhapsody April 1st that brings us to 78 points. Europe cruise is in may, 12 nights.

None of the other options really work. Stuck at 78 I guess.

You forget the extra stateroom option.

OP.... best option here:

Book Brilliance out of Tampa March 26th - 5 day western, debark March 31... stay in Tampa overnight. Embark Rhapsody next day. There you go, easiest short cruise solution or simply stick with 78 points.

With a Euro cruise having the DL access for drinks and lounge views for 12 nights, let alone any tendering priority, would really have me thinking about this personally. Are you on Vision or Brilliance for your 12 day in Europe?

3 drinks x 12 nights x $10/drink on average let's say = $360 per person if you're both D on the Euro sailing

now add free photo, extra bogo drink with D coupon... what else am I missing? Do D's get the laundry deal?

Can OP call in the newly achieved D status and have a price adjustment (or obc credit) for the increased balcony discount?

Do D's get the laundry deal?

Can OP call in the newly achieved D status and have a price adjustment (or obc credit) for the increased balcony discount?

$5 off on laundry. If they try to add the extra D balcony discount (if it applies at all) the cruise will be repriced - probably a no go.

I just worry that before I get to diamond they will juggle the rules to increase the thresholds. On my last RCI cruise there were over 1000 diamond and above members out of just over 3000 passengers. They had to convert a large lounge to the Diamond Lounge.

OP.... best option here:

Book Brilliance out of Tampa March 26th - 5 day western, debark March 31... stay in Tampa overnight. Embark Rhapsody next day. There you go, easiest short cruise solution or simply stick with 78 points.

With a Euro cruise having the DL access for drinks and lounge views for 12 nights, let alone any tendering priority, would really have me thinking about this personally. Are you on Vision or Brilliance for your 12 day in Europe?

3 drinks x 12 nights x $10/drink on average let's say = $360 per person if you're both D on the Euro sailing

now add free photo, extra bogo drink with D coupon... what else am I missing? Do D's get the laundry deal?

We are on the Brilliance on May 28. Your idea is a good one, but I am really pushing it at work taking so many days off already. I will give it thought, not getting any younger (57).

We are on the Brilliance on May 28. Your idea is a good one, but I am really pushing it at work taking so many days off already. I will give it thought, not getting any younger (57).

Life's way too short.... just do it! :evilsmile:

That way you'll get to know some staff (and say hello to the DL) so when you get back on board May 28 as a D you'll know a few of the staff. It's amazing the type of respect and "extras" you get when you're simply friendly and outgoing... works for me on almost every sailing. Many staff remember you for the most part, especially only 2 months after.

BTW great itinerary May 28... Baltics on my bucket list one day. Have a great cruise :D

Bob how many points does a single person get for an inside room for each night?

Two points per night.

By putting his wife in the single, the OP would have gotten 3 points per night for the JS and the OP's wife would have gotten two points per night for the inside. As long as they stay linked, the wife would get the effect of the OP's higher number of points.

Dont understand this concept. Do folks really do that? Wife earns 1 pt for. Inside and then they earn 2 each night in the suite? So a total of 3 points a night?

Remember the husband would be alone too, so he would have gotten 3 points per night for the suite.

Two points per night.

By putting his wife in the single, the OP would have gotten 3 points per night for the JS and the OP's wife would have gotten two points per night for the inside. As long as they stay linked, the wife would get the effect of the OP's higher number of points.

Live and learn, I was wondering how check in worked. So they are basically sailing in two separate staterooms. But being linked they get benefits of the higher status. Well. That’s a good one, no I think I get it. Basically earning 7 extra points a cruise.

Live and learn, I was wondering how check in worked. So they are basically sailing in two separate staterooms. But being linked they get benefits of the higher status. Well. That’s a good one, no I think I get it. Basically earning 7 extra points a cruise.

Yes, but as the OP noted, it's a pretty expensive 7 points right now.