Another weird Princess pricing anomaly

Was just checking the speciality restaurant offers and details on my upcoming Sun Princess cruise. They offer $39 for a prix fixe menu at "Share". You can also order a la carte.

When I checked the specifics of what that includes though, adding up the dearest options from those available, the maximum 'value' is $36.00. The lowest value is actually $25, so an average value is probably around $31.

Makes you wonder why anyone would pay the fixed price - and why they don't charge a more reasonable price.

We averaged $50 for two of us when we tried Share a couple of times last year. Two appetisers to share, a main and a side to share, and a dessert to share on one occasion. That was more than ample food for us. Personally I wasn't impressed with the menu or the quality of the food, but we gave it a fair trial despite that.

On Sapphire Princess and Royal Princess next year, which we are booked on: Sabatinis, Sterling Steakhouse and Crown Grill are US$29 per person for 3 courses. I suppose US$29 equates to about AU$39. Royal also has Crab Shack and Chefs Table Luminere (flash new name for the age old Princess Chefs Table.)

I have tried them in the past, the menu might be the same throughout the fleet -ship to ship, but food quality and service is variable.:confused:

As for Curtis Stone and his SHARE. Personally I think he is overrated and so is his cuisine, but Carnival Corporation is paying him heaps, as they do Marco Pierre White on P&O UK.

Edited by NSWP

Reckon Curtis Stone's contract is about the expire soon. He'll be let slide like the fat in his pork belly. All his meals look so unappetising! The MDR carries one his dishes each night way down at the bottom of the menu and most people are horrified by what they receive. Sabatinis is usually nice and if the steakhouse is sourcing Aus or NZ beef it is amazing.

We gave it a go as our free embarkation offer on the Emerald(full suite). It was a fixed $39 if paying. Chose an entree, main etc with some extra mini dishes flowing inbetween. We found it quite empty also.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Forums mobile app

And they call it..'Modern Australian Cuisine.' :rolleyes: Perhaps pretending to be a 'Degustation Menu.'

No gravy anymore it is 'jus.'

Reading posts on Princess section of CC, many North Americans don't think much of Mr Stone's cuisine. They want a big Joe Blake from the Crown Grill, covered with fries and ketchup, lol.

Reading posts on Princess section of CC, many North Americans don't think much of Mr Stone's cuisine. They want a big Joe Blake from the Crown Grill, covered with fries and ketchup, lol.

I know at least one Aussie who wants the same, maybe with a couple of fried eggs plonked on top.

I know at least one Aussie who wants the same, maybe with a couple of fried eggs plonked on top.

No eggs for me, perhaps a nice pepper gravy, but none of that 'jus' rubbish for us 'baby boomers, we want gravy or even a good dollop of Fountain BBQ Sauce.:rolleyes: No French fries either, chips it is.

No eggs for me, perhaps a nice pepper gravy, but none of that 'jus' rubbish for us 'baby boomers, we want gravy or even a good dollop of Fountain BBQ Sauce.:rolleyes: No French fries either, chips it is.

Must be ETA for me (distant family started the company) or I’ve FALLEN in love with Aldi Spicy BBQ

Must be ETA for me (distant family started the company) or I’ve FALLEN in love with Aldi Spicy BBQ

Yes tried them, both good, the Aldi Spicy BBQ has a decent chilli kick. Try the Heinz Fiery Tomato Ketchup, buy it in Woollies, hot, hot hot. :halo:

And they call it..'Modern Australian Cuisine.' :rolleyes: Perhaps pretending to be a 'Degustation Menu.'

No gravy anymore it is 'jus.'

Grilled snake????

Yes tried them, both good, the Aldi Spicy BBQ has a decent chilli kick. Try the Heinz Fiery Tomato Ketchup, buy it in Woollies, hot, hot hot. :halo:

On a trip to US an East Texan introduced me to a local concoction - ketchup with a few drops of Tabasco added. Sure made me thirsty for a few coldies!!

On a trip to US an East Texan introduced me to a local concoction - ketchup with a few drops of Tabasco added. Sure made me thirsty for a few coldies!!

I love Tabasco, often splash it on me tucker. Now go to Woolies and get Heinz Firey Tomato Ketchup, just like the drop you had in the Land of the Free, but pre mixed.

Love Tabasco in Tomato Juice too.

Back to the subject, Princess pricing. Checked on Princess website today, the three cruises I have booked on Sapphire x 2 and Royal Princesses have gone up a total of $2900 overnight...reason 'Launch prices/promotion over. Glad I booked them 4 weeks ago when my Adonia adventure fell apart.