Online purchases/free grats/OBC

pamrose228

I am going on the Z 12/6 for an 11 day Panama Canal cruise. I booked in May with a TA and was give free grats and $100 OBC from cruise line and $100 OBC from the TA.

Yesterday I purchased 2 excursions and a drink package.

Where can I find a list of these things in my account. I got an email confirming the purchases and when I booked a list of the perks but I would hate to go on ship and find out none of these exist.

HAL won’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on the Z 12/6 for an 11 day Panama Canal cruise. I booked in May with a TA and was give free grats and $100 OBC from cruise line and $100 OBC from the TA.

Where can I find a list of these things in my account. I got an email confirming the purchases and when I booked a list of the perks but I would hate to go on ship and find out none of these exist.

HAL won’t help.

Log on to the HAL site. Go to your reservation and check your itinerary. Each day will list Specialty Dining reservations and I would assume excursions as well. Also save the email.

Your invoice should spell out your OBC and perks.

Edited by blizzardboy

HAL won’t help.

Only your TA has access to that information....and he/she should be willing to confirm it for you.

Where can I find a list of these things in my account.

You won't see your OBC or paid gratuities on the HAL site, as you booked through a TA. Bring your booking confirmation, the one that lists these perqs, with you as evidence, in case they don't appear on your on-board account.

Your e-mail confirmations of pre-cruise purchases also serves as proof. But you should be able to find the shore excursions on the HAL site when you return to that area of the site.

I don't know if you can find the drink package on the site as I have never purchased one, so never tried to look it up.

All excursions and specialty dining that you have pre-purchased will show up on your reservation on HAL's site.

Our TA always prints out all the shipboard credit that we are due from various sources. It will not show up on HAL's site. People who book with a PPC at HAL will see shipboard credit that HAL has given on their site.

The perks we had on our recent cruise were listed on the original document you get from Hal. You can get a copy of your account on the ship and it will list the OBC credit. The way the free grat's work is it they are shown charged on your account and then a credit is given for the same amount.

The perks we had on our recent cruise were listed on the original document you get from Hal. You can get a copy of your account on the ship and it will list the OBC credit. The way the free grat's work is it they are shown charged on your account and then a credit is given for the same amount.

When you book with a TA they get that document

Just went in to check this for an upcoming cruise. On the HAL site, after logging in, find "Already Booked", then "Personalize Your Cruise", then look for "Itinerary and Wishlist". For me, the packages I have purchased and dining reservations show up here. I booked these myself, not through my TA. Hope this helps.

On another note still trying to get an “upgrade” to a larger room ( three adults in a 174 sq ft obc room). First offer lower deck cabin 1002 ugh 10 sq ft more. No thanks I have a mid ship partial view on upper promenade. Next balcony on upper cabin 4016 steel rails I will lose my $500 in perks. Guess what cabin is the exact same size. There are plenty of cabins available maybe I will just have a hissy fit onboard, when my 6’4” sons feet hang over the fold out bed.

On another note still trying to get an “upgrade” to a larger room ( three adults in a 174 sq ft obc room). First offer lower deck cabin 1002 ugh 10 sq ft more. No thanks I have a mid ship partial view on upper promenade. Next balcony on upper cabin 4016 steel rails I will lose my $500 in perks. Guess what cabin is the exact same size. There are plenty of cabins available maybe I will just have a hissy fit onboard, when my 6’4” sons feet hang over the fold out bed.

What is the basis for this hissy fit? Didn't you book your cabin? Didn't you know your son is 6-4? Why is this HAL's problem?

You really have to do alot of research about the cruise line and its cabins (and categories) before you book. Once you book, it is alot harder to make changes, especially if you want them to upgrade you.

What is the basis for this hissy fit? Didn't you book your cabin? Didn't you know your son is 6-4? Why is this HAL's problem?

When I booked the trip I had no idea that the OV rooms were only 174 sf. All other cruises I have been on they are 220 to 240 sq ft. That’s quite a difference. It was too late when this was found out.

When I booked the trip I had no idea that the OV rooms were only 174 sf. All other cruises I have been on they are 220 to 240 sq ft. That’s quite a difference. It was too late when this was found out.

So again, how does your failure to do your research justify your hissy fit or make it the cruise line's problem? Cabin size information is readily available.

So again, how does your failure to do your research justify your hissy fit or make it the cruise line's problem? Cabin size information is readily available.

It’s my bad I realize that but don’t get your panties all twisted over it. Doesn’t hurt to try. My hissy fits are more like please help me out.

How could you book a cabin and have no idea of the size? Why would you assume that all cabins on all lines are the same? Cabin sizes are very clearly indicated on the website and on the deck plans. I hope you enjoy your cruise without the "hissy fit" and really, your son will be fine.

How could you book a cabin and have no idea of the size? Why would you assume that all cabins on all lines are the same? Cabin sizes are very clearly indicated on the website and on the deck plans. I hope you enjoy your cruise without the "hissy fit" and really, your son will be fine.

I made an assumption. My TA should of told me it would be tight with the three of us.

I'm curious - what cruise line has that sized OV's please?

I've sailed in OV's on NCL, Princess and some other defunct (switched/bought out) cruise lines and I don't recall that size fo 220 - 240 that you are stating. On the older HAL ships the OV's can be larger for sure ;).

Sorry, but the room sizes are clear on the deck plans. Actually Zuiderdam's OV is between 174-180 for OV's by the deck plan I see.

It's never too late to change as long as you don't mind paying the price. For 3 people, I would have preferred a Signature Suite but I saw a CC friend do it with 4 easily (same space) on the Westerdam (same class ship). they had a great cruise.

I'm curious - what cruise line has that sized OV's please?

I've sailed in OV's on NCL, Princess and some other defunct (switched/bought out) cruise lines and I don't recall that size fo 220 - 240 that you are stating. On the older HAL ships the OV's can be larger for sure ;).

Sorry, but the room sizes are clear on the deck plans. Actually Zuiderdam's OV is between 174-180 for OV's by the deck plan I see.

It's never too late to change as long as you don't mind paying the price. For 3 people, I would have preferred a Signature Suite but I saw a CC friend do it with 4 easily on the Westerdam (same class ship). they had a great cruise.

Carnival’s OV are the largest at 240 and RCI come in at around 220

To avoid confusion, keep in mind, HAL has two ships which names begin with "z" Zuiderdam and Zaandam. :)

HAL won’t help.

Always bring printout of tthe confirmations of the features you have booked for your cruise. In writing, is alwayss the best way tosshow what you are expecting

Carnival’s OV are the largest at 240 and RCI come in at around 220

Well I guess I can't read Carnival's website or the others then, since their OV's are 220 sq feet EXCEPT for Fantasy & Spirit Class which are 185 square feet.

Just pretend you are on Fantasy or Spirit class ;)

For the fun of it, I checked RCCL too, their ocean views go from 120 square feet to 182 square feet

At least that is what they say http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=O&cabinType=SO

Makes your Zuiderdam cabin look kind of good, doesn't it ;)