Princess email-ocean medallion

beachmets

yesterday I received the official letter indicating we woukd not be one of the staterooms who will be testing the ocean medallion. However we will have:

All guests on all preview cruises will be among the first to enjoy a collection of new experience enhancements created to make your vacation more connected, engaging and enjoyable. Including:

• MedallionNet™ Wi-Fi – the best wi-fi experience on a cruise ship - fast, reliable, pervasive and affordable with an access point in every stateroom – enabling guests to share their vacation experiences with family and friends more quickly on social media. And during your preview cruise, MedallionNet will be:
    • Complimentary for our Platinum & Elite guests
    • Reduced daily rates for all other guests

• The newly renovated Princess Cruises terminal at Port Everglades – featuring a multi-million-dollar upgrade that makes your arrival experience more engaging and comfortable.

• The all-new Princess Cruises’ Sail Away Celebration which includes a thematic and musical sendoff that reflects the destinations that are part of your itinerary, the nationalities of the guests onboard and photos shared by guests and crew.

Contact Princess Immediately - Explain nicely, but firmly how extremely disappointed your are about this situation. Ask for no cost grats, specialty dinner(s) cabin upgrade and to be put on waitlist for a medallion room. Don't take the first answer as a done deal - ask to be transferred to Customer Relations who are the real decision makers. Nice, but firm

Contact Princess Immediately - Explain nicely, but firmly how extremely disappointed your are about this situation. Ask for no cost grats, specialty dinner(s) cabin upgrade and to be put on waitlist for a medallion room. Don't take the first answer as a done deal - ask to be transferred to Customer Relations who are the real decision makers. Nice, but firm

Wow, that's a lot to ask for! I've not seen anyone get all of that for not getting the medallion.

That was meant as a guideline for what some posters have posted that they got. Never hurts to ask. Princess is taking a beating on this lack or ***** rollout. I'm sure the thread starter can get at least a few of these and also any price drops

like I said on the roll call for our cruise - I called twice so far and got nada. Was, however, placed on a waiting list, even though I don't want to change my cabin at all.

And any email or contact will do absolutely no good in getting them to speed up the installation of this feature. All it will do is make someone spend time to answer an email that does nothing. They will not be pushed ahead of any plans already in motion. Suggesting that by emailing and calling will get a change is not good.

Princess basically told me too bad on my first call. They gave me $75 OBC per person on my next call. Then my TA called and got it raised to $100 OBC per person...

Maybe I should ask for a free specialty meal now...:D

Really? We all know that when implementing new, there will be problems. So, there will be disappointments but to the point of extra compensation? That was the risk people took when they booked those first cruises...Why are some people feel that they are so entitled that they demand things for free?

This is truly unbecoming behavior.

Not sure I am understanding this thread. I received, as did my son an email exactly the same.

I assumed that they were advising that we may notice some on cruise have this option, but we were not selected. So, why are some calling about this and getting an obc. I do think the wording seemed ambiguous when they said I was not selected, then in next paragraph they say “all passengers”. Is this why?

Some clarification would be appreciated.

Really? We all know that when implementing new, there will be problems. So, there will be disappointments but to the point of extra compensation? That was the risk people took when they booked those first cruises...Why are some people feel that they are so entitled that they demand things for free?

IMHO, I don't think it is a risk that people take when booking a cruise that is advertised to have a product. Also, it's not only those first few cruises....they're talking about cruises in January until Spring (whenever that will be). According to an article on Cruise Critic, Regal was in drydock being prepared for this technology in April 2017. https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7777.

So I would have expected the last 6 months to be used by staff testing the technology, preparing for a launch date of November, which was originally advertised on their website.

Until very recently, the ***** experience was advertised as available on the Regal starting November 2017 (I notice this is now changed - at least Princess has now cleared that up).

According to posts on cruise critic, some people say they received notification of their sailing being a preview sailing after the final payment date - will Princess let them cancel the cruise penalty free if they no longer want to go on that cruise?.

Whether they receive notice before or after final payment really isn't the issue - some people don't have the flexibility to change their travel plans or when they have time off work, home arrangements, etc. so people who booked a cruise on Regal expecting the Ocean Medallion technology to be available are now (potentially) left without it.

No, it's not the end of the world and a cruise is what you make of it. But I don't think it's a far stretch to be disappointed. They aren't getting what they thought they paid for, so expecting compensation (IMHO) is not unbecoming. I just hope that Princess can get this rolled out completely faster.

I'm on the Regal in December, and I wasn't selected as one of the cabins to get Ocean Medallion. Is it going to ruin my entire vacation experience? Definitely not, but I will admit that I am disappointed, given that I got excited about the Ocean Medallion concept which was promoted all over the Princess website while I was booking this cruise. Had it said "Ocean Medallion Preview Cruise" while I was booking, I wouldn't have thought the entire ship would be ***** functional and could understand a phased rollout. Instead, it was promoted as a full-on ***** cruise, and that has since changed to a phased rollout of the product.

Really? We all know that when implementing new, there will be problems..

Easy to say now.

Where were you and the other all knowing people a month ago?

I certainly don't remember reading many (any?) posts about

princess, with their guy from disney, being unable to do this;

although I do recall writing some.

I can certainly understand someone being disappointed -- they signed up

to try something new, and princess disappoints; sort of like the people

who sign up for an inaugural cruise, and then the ship is finished a little

early, and there are a couple pre-inaugural cruises.

And, in this case, people paid a premium to be on the first medallion cruise,

and then in the past 2 weeks, they could have bought a month of cruising

for the same price -- during princess' fire sale.

Hope the wifi speed is significantly faster than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I for one would be interested in the overall speed of the internet and not just the wifi. Some passengers do not bring an internet capable smart phone, tablet, or computer so they hit the internet cafe.....

Bob

Agreed.....:):):)

Bob

You must be kidding. Just because people didn't get a little medallion to play with.

Certainly wouldn't wreck or have any effect on my holiday.

Ok, I agree with all that is said here except for one area. We all read CC to get info. Now I have learned that Princess is giving some free OBC, etc. to those who were not chosen to be on the Medallion. Sometimes it takes two phone calls. Ok. Now I am going on that cruise. I admit; I am human. I do nothing? NOT! I will at least call and Civilly and Politely say of my disappointment and can Princess get me on the program etc. If I get some OBC, great. If not, I am not going to be upset with Princess or my cruise. But I am at least going to try. Now if Princess, from the get go, apologized and gave "nothing to nobody," well that would have been a different story, wouldn't it?

Pooh

There is no bait and switch. That is someone advertising something at a price then try to sell you something totally different at the same or different price. Princess is not doing that. They are just saying that the ***** will not be available as advertised. They are not trying to sell you something else. Maybe false advertising but not bait and switch. Oh what people will get all upset about. When do we go back to the butter issue?

Princess is certainly guilty of over selling this new concept and setting expectations way too high. Whether this came from the person(s) that were hired to implement this concept and was overly optimistic (seen this before) or the people they have to actually install and turn on the ***** functions are just not all that capable (seen this also). So I certainly can understand the frustration that many are having now. Princess now has to own up to over selling and provide something to quell the anger. From the postings it seems Princess has decided to award OBC.

I'm sailing on the Regal 12/10. There can't be bait and switch since I called and was given $100.00 each of OBC for my inconvenience. This came after deep apology from them for me not having the medallion for this cruise.

See? See what I mean? I mean I would be kinda, dare I say it?, how to say nicely?, stupid not to call and voice my disappointment? I mean OBC $100 is a nice tour for two, etc.

Pooh