Hotel recommendations in Sydney near the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

Looking for Hotel recommendations in Sydney near the Overseas Passenger Terminal and/or Circular Quay that won't break the bank. Thanks![/quote

We just reserved two nights at the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf for February, 2018, It's a budget chain hotel and we have breakfast included. Most reviews give it a very good review for its excellent location despite the small rooms, but who spends time in the room when in Sydney. It appears to be about .8 mi. from the Overseas Passenger Terminal. We pack light, so plan to walk to the cruise terminal.

Well Holiday Inn is my first choice and you can get s8me good prices, (I think $250 has been our best) depend8ng what else is on in town and it is over the road from the OPT, if you have points with anyone look at Park Hyatt, without points a crazy price, or Marriott Pier one, again some bargains at times, points help, but can be crazy prices.

Hi, at first we used to look for hotels close to CQ and have stayed at Sir Stamford, which is an easy walk, and they do have the odd special. Now we tend to go for hotels where we can access a train line easily and just take the train to CQ. That way we have more hotel choices. It is also convenient if we want to use the train either to or from the airport.

I've pretty much stayed at all the hotels in walking distance to the terminal - Mariott, Shangri-la, Four seasons, Intercontinental. I've even stayed at your Sir Stamford (I liked it there, it reminded me of old English hotels in London). These are at the pricier end. For a good bang for the buck, we stayed recently at the Rendezvous Sydney Rocks. Good value for money, nice pool and sauna area. Only round the corner from the terminal. Only problem is they don't have a dining room, so no breakfast there (not a problem for us, as we're eating once on board).

I've pretty much stayed at all the hotels in walking distance to the terminal - Mariott, Shangri-la, Four seasons, Intercontinental. I've even stayed at your Sir Stamford (I liked it there, it reminded me of old English hotels in London). These are at the pricier end. For a good bang for the buck, we stayed recently at the Rendezvous Sydney Rocks. Good value for money, nice pool and sauna area. Only round the corner from the terminal. Only problem is they don't have a dining room, so no breakfast there (not a problem for us, as we're eating once on board).

We have stayed several times at Rendezvous the Rocks. They used to do breakfast but last time the restaurant was closed for refurbishment. We were sent to the cafe down the road. We are booked again for April but will do our own breakfast in the kitchenette this time. The rooms were a little tired but the location is the drawcard for us. :)

Gidday :)

We have stayed at the Rendevous, agree it is a little tired, but with 2 young children it had the space we needed at the time. The kitchenette was a bonus as was the short walk to the ship at the OPT.

Have also stayed at The Grace, elegant with very spacious rooms and a lovely buffet breakfast. Took a taxi to the wharf, ouch!

Most recently there was the York Street Sofitel Apartments. Managed to score one of the 3 bedroom apartments on the top floor. Lovely staff and a manageable walk, downhill, to Circular Quay with our now much older kids.

Our next trip we have booked in at Sir Stamford, got a really good advance rate on Expedia, what we booked has now almost doubled in price. Hoping they will do a special on the breakfasts otherwise we can get something at one of the many cafes in the area.

I agree that anything close to the trains is viable. Just ensure you are okay with lugging your bags in and out of elevators ;)

Hope you have a great stay in Sydney and a lovely cruise!

TraceyG:)

Gidday :)

We have stayed at the Rendevous, agree it is a little tired, but with 2 young children it had the space we needed at the time. The kitchenette was a bonus as was the short walk to the ship at the OPT.

Have also stayed at The Grace, elegant with very spacious rooms and a lovely buffet breakfast. Took a taxi to the wharf, ouch!

Most recently there was the York Street Sofitel Apartments. Managed to score one of the 3 bedroom apartments on the top floor. Lovely staff and a manageable walk, downhill, to Circular Quay with our now much older kids.

Our next trip we have booked in at Sir Stamford, got a really good advance rate on Expedia, what we booked has now almost doubled in price. Hoping they will do a special on the breakfasts otherwise we can get something at one of the many cafes in the area.

I agree that anything close to the trains is viable. Just ensure you are okay with lugging your bags in and out of elevators ;)

Hope you have a great stay in Sydney and a lovely cruise!

TraceyG:)

Thank You TraceyG!

G'day your Eminence, I was going to suggest we get you a room at St Mary's Cathedral, College Street, Sydney, but then perhaps I had better not. :o

Enjoy your adventure.

LOL, I have been told that his Eminence is humble enough to be put up in a Woolloomooloo doss house and still be grateful.

we are staying at north sydney harbourview hotel....yes it is on the other side of the bay but the rooms are large with views of the harbour...it is near shops....they have a cruise package which includes room, breakfast and a shuttle ride to the pier on the day of your cruise.....it is so much cheaper than staying near the pier

we are staying at north sydney harbourview hotel....yes it is on the other side of the bay but the rooms are large with views of the harbour...it is near shops....they have a cruise package which includes room, breakfast and a shuttle ride to the pier on the day of your cruise.....it is so much cheaper than staying near the pier
Nice views and still very convenient, good one.

I looked on their website specifically for the cruise package but couldn't find any mention of it.

We also stayed at Harbourview North Sydney for our Solstice cruise. Worked out great. Much cheaper than in the City, short train ride into the city for shopping and they drove us to the OPT at the designated time to board the ship.You can also leave your car there for a small charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps email or call them to see if it is still available.

Yes, it is still available as it was only in the last couple of weeks, but I did need to call as I couldn't find it on their web page. I don't know why they don't advertise it more!