Does Celebrity dock or tender in Martinique?

tbmrt

With the possible exception of Caribbean sailings aboard Summit [a Millennium-Class ship] from San Juan, I'm unaware of any port calls at Martinique by Celebrity's ships originating out of Florida since 2009... Of course, all that changed in the aftermath of the numerous hurricanes that caused itinerary revisions during the upcoming Caribbean season...

• To the best of my knowledge, none of the cruises aboard Equinox--which is now based in Florida for year-round service to the Caribbean--has had or will have a port change to include Martinique...
  • Summit started her first Caribbean cruise of the season yesterday... I do not know if Martinique is part of the itinerary...
  • Eclipse and Reflection are currently in route to Florida from Europe to start their Caribbean sailings sometime within the next week or so... Silhouette will start her Transatlantic later this week...
  • I'm not sure that any Celebrity Solstice-Class ship [which are larger than Millennium-Class ships] has ever called at Martinique...

Friends who are sailing Reflection on 17 November had similar questions relative to dock/tender status at substituted ports and were apparently successful in getting definitive answers--I don't know the details and I don't know their findings--by doing a mock booking for their cruise via the Celebrity website... The day-by-day itinerary--annotated as to dock versus tender--appears in a band at the top of the first page associated with the booking process... Doing the same will likely give you a prompt definitive answer in the likely absence of current, pertinent experiential responses here at present [which could still vary from sailing to sailing--if both modes of port access are options--at the discretion of the Harbor Master]...

It is unusual times following the damaging hurricanes of September and I doubt if anyone on these boards could answer your question with any certainty. There is normally berths for 2 large cruise ships and it is possible that others could be made available at the cargo dock. You say 5 ships, I checked and one of them is a Tall ship which seldom docks, it always tenders.

I would suggest that you need to ask Celebrity directly if the decision is crucial to your enjoyment of the cruise.

With the possible exception of Caribbean sailings aboard Summit [a Millennium-Class ship] from San Juan, I'm unaware of any port calls at Martinique by Celebrity's ships originating out of Florida since 2009... Of course, all that changed in the aftermath of the numerous hurricanes that caused itinerary revisions during the upcoming Caribbean season...

• To the best of my knowledge, none of the cruises aboard Equinox--which is now based in Florida for year-round service to the Caribbean--has had or will have a port change to include Martinique...
  • Summit started her first Caribbean cruise of the season yesterday... I do not know if Martinique is part of the itinerary...
  • Eclipse and Reflection are currently in route to Florida from Europe to start their Caribbean sailings sometime within the next week or so... Silhouette will start her Transatlantic later this week...
  • I'm not sure that any Celebrity Solstice-Class ship [which are larger than Millennium-Class ships] has ever called at Martinique...

Friends who are sailing Reflection on 17 November had similar questions relative to dock/tender status at substituted ports and were apparently successful in getting definitive answers--I don't know the details and I don't know their findings--by doing a mock booking for their cruise via the Celebrity website... The day-by-day itinerary--annotated as to dock versus tender--appears in a band at the top of the first page associated with the booking process... Doing the same will likely give you a prompt definitive answer in the likely absence of current, pertinent experiential responses here at present [which could still vary from sailing to sailing--if both modes of port access are options--at the discretion of the Harbor Master]...

Although not Celebrity, we were on the very large RCL ship Anthem of the Seas last year and it easily docked in Martinique.

It is unusual times following the damaging hurricanes of September and I doubt if anyone on these boards could answer your question with any certainty. There is normally berths for 2 large cruise ships and it is possible that others could be made available at the cargo dock. You say 5 ships, I checked and one of them is a Tall ship which seldom docks, it always tenders.

I would suggest that you need to ask Celebrity directly if the decision is crucial to your enjoyment of the cruise.

I did call to be sure (wanted to know since I have an early excursion booked)...Yes....definitely docking.

Our Eclipse cruise in December is stopping in Martinique as a replacement for Dominica damaged by the hurricane. Looking forward to it since we've never been. Love Dominica but we've been several times and something new is always exciting.

Yes, unsure how many ships are with us as I’ve not checked? There does appear to be many other ports though where we are docking with 4 other ships.

Read that there are 5 ships in port on 12/14/17 when we're there.

Would like to know if Celebrity docks or tenders in Martinique?

We're also on the cruise with you.

How did you find out how many ships will be docking with us? (I know there's a website...can't remember the name)

How are the other ports looking?

It's getting close! :D

We're also on the cruise with you.

How did you find out how many ships will be docking with us? (I know there's a website...can't remember the name)

How are the other ports looking?

It's getting close! :D

Called Celebrity for Martinique (docking) 12/14

Got others on Cruisecal.com :

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryPrint/tabid/2919/Default.aspx?sailID=CELRF12/8/2017

Martinique and St. Thomas not showing here:ate

Port

Other Ships in Port

Celebrity Reflection Depart: 04:00 PM

12/08/2017

Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, Florida

Veendam 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Celebrity Silhouette 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Dock)

Celebrity Reflection

12/09/2017

At Sea

Celebrity Reflection

12/10/2017

At Sea

Celebrity Reflection 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM

12/11/2017

St. Johns, Antigua, British West Indies

Celebrity Silhouette 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

Celebrity Reflection 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM

12/12/2017

Bridgetown, Barbados, West Indies

Norwegian Dawn 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

Celebrity Silhouette 10:00 AM - 11:59 PM (Dock)

Azamara Quest 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM (Dock)

Celebrity Reflection 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM

12/13/2017

Castries, St. Lucia, West Indies

Celebrity Silhouette 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Dock)

Azamara Quest 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

12/14 & 12/15 - NOT SHOWING

Celebrity Reflection

12/16/2017

At Sea

Celebrity Reflection

12/17/2017

At Sea

Celebrity Reflection Arrive: 07:00 AM

12/18/2017

Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, Florida

Silver Muse Depart: 6:00 PM

Prinsendam 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Edited by tbmrt
fix

We docked in Martinique on the Equinox's last sailing, and we loved it!!! The people were friendly, it was clean, and there were lot's of great shops to enjoy. I wish Celebrity had it on it's itinerary all the time.

Great to hear!! We’ve never been, but it was added to our itinerary with the most recent change.

We were there on S class... Equinox, Jan 2015 ...ship docked...we enjoyed our visit.

Five ships are alot...may overwhelm the port city

Highly rec the Celeb cruise line city walking tour,.,..excellent!

Read that there are 5 ships in port on 12/14/17 when we're there.

Would like to know if Celebrity docks or tenders in Martinique?

We are docking in Martinique that day. If you look at the updated itinerary you will see that in every port we are docked, no tenders, and that is off to the far right of the info.

• 1 month later...
Could someone post if they know whether the Summit is docking in town (Pointe Simon) or over in the cargo area this season? We were hoping to rent a car in the downtown area. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

docks right in town across from huge hotel!

• 3 months later...