Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

G’Day All.....a lovely mild day here in Wales, this morning l opened up the summerhouse for its first airing and it was such a good feeling.

Sorry for all who are still shivering!

Hope JP and Chris are enjoying the family weekend, always a joy getting together.

Jeff, the fish looks delish....sole and plaice are my favourites...how great to have a good fishmonger.

Welcome to the cooler Phil....opinions are free to be aired on here.....doubt you will have any bother on a cruise unless you disrespect others views which happened in the humidor one evening on the Spirit during the US elections when two guys almost came to blows whilst using the most foul language in front of the ladies present....l was appalled and eventually stood up and told them so with a threat to call security if they didn’t leave....

Political and religious discussions can lead to rising tempers so l don’t get involved.....l don’t like Trump and that’s all l will say....😎

Spins......Muse beckons....hope you’ll be feeling better to enjoy the fizz!

My ticket arrived yesterday so tis time to start arranging the usual pre cruise pampering appointments and stock up the closet....three cocktail dresses already ordered 🙈

Leftover casserole for a late lunch today and the River Pub tomorrow with an old friend....it would have been my wedding anniversary so will be good to go out.

Happy Weekend 😊

Linda...if I may...would you kindly reflect some of the light from the orange ball in the sky northwards and a tad to the west of you? PLEASE? :)

Miss S....nice to be able to enjoy the summerhouse again! Have a wonderful lunch tomorrow!

Good Afternoon All,

S, lovely to hear you have the tickets ... it really feels that the journey has started. Wifey and I will be thinking of you tomorrow .... I know that you will accentuate the positive. :)

Today we have these two lovely fellers ... some nice fresh bream and it will be our last fishy meal this trip as we drive back overnight tomorrow night. Plan to be back here in a few weeks for some more fish. Hard to believe that a few years ago we were traveling every few weeks to Nice or Cannes just for some fresh crustaceans, oysters and fish and now the fish here is finally improving. Looking forward to some summer fishy lunches on the balcony.

Now just opening some Bredon for cooks perqs ....

37e247886b287997a633be418cf3c77c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Phil,

Can't talk about your next cruise but can say that you are most welcome here.

Personally, as most of the stuff I read is anti-Trump I feel that there is insufficient exposure and airing of the contrary view, and I would very much appreciate hearing the views of a supporter with how if anything their views have changed since the election and what they feel has been achieved and will be acheived. Listening to views that agree offers no educational opportunity but listening to contrary views sometimes or often does. Your opinions might be questioned but I doubt they will be attacked.

ps I live in Old Hampshire :D

My post was light hearted. I don't discuss politics online.

We're pretty much over the War of 1812 here.

Just booked Silver Muse August 2019 for Alaska!

My post was light hearted. I don't discuss politics online.

We're pretty much over the War of 1812 here.

Just booked Silver Muse August 2019 for Alaska!

Hi Phil, I see you are sailing Uniworld in June. I would love to know what you think of it when you get back:).

I took my only River Cruise on AMA Waterways in 2016 and loved it:D. I am starting to research another River Cruise for next year and Uniworld gets rave reviews.

Linda...if I may...would you kindly reflect some of the light from the orange ball in the sky northwards and a tad to the west of you? PLEASE? :)

Miss S....nice to be able to enjoy the summerhouse again! Have a wonderful lunch tomorrow!

Have mounted massive, billboard sized mirrors on the lawn. John has his compass out and is figuring out proper minutes and degrees.....watch for a blinding flash around noon, eastern time. Let me know if it works....(giggle!)

It worked Linda! A glorious few seconds of sun! Thank you. Might be a slight problem though. Our military is now investigating the flash. ;) ;)I thought Phil said that you guys were mostly over the War of 1812. Ha Ha! I enjoyed the morning's light-hearted fun!

30705145_1670570289656662_6610431311129608192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c56eb149584b7d95d1743d8ad79babbc&oe=5B60A459

Edited by mysty

There was a little sunlight here this morning but it rapidly got back to the usual ugly weather... Family is wild and crazy as always but having a lot of fun. Hope they can leave on time tomorrow, otherwise I may need a liver transplant. We have put a big dent in the wine cellar.

Lois, we love Uniworld. Have done three Europe cruises with them since 2014. Any specific questions ask away, or have a look at my trip logs.

There was a little sunlight here this morning but it rapidly got back to the usual ugly weather... Family is wild and crazy as always but having a lot of fun. Hope they can leave on time tomorrow, otherwise I may need a liver transplant. We have put a big dent in the wine cellar.

Lois, we love Uniworld. Have done three Europe cruises with them since 2014. Any specific questions ask away, or have a look at my trip logs.

Hi JP:), I was looking at some of your photos:D and I am researching cruises for next year. I keep saying I want to see Paris and I know all the River Cruises go there. I was going to book with AMA again but Uniworld gets such high marks too I am looking at them.

Greetings Coolers! We did in fact dodge the significant snow bullet yesterday. We are now awaiting the next one with freezing rain and ice pellets expected this afternoon into tomorrow morning. I am hoping the storm tracks south and spares us (no offense intended JP, Linda and Cam!). The city's salt trucks stand at the ready to deal with ice covered roads. I have my own idea on what to do with the salt.

630f364d1fdfa94537b4e9fc83a3e119--let-it-snow-the-snow.jpg

Safe travels home J!

And safe travels to your visiting family JP!

Have a great day all!

Greetings Coolers! We did in fact dodge the significant snow bullet yesterday. We are now awaiting the next one with freezing rain and ice pellets expected this afternoon into tomorrow morning. I am hoping the storm tracks south and spares us (no offense intended JP, Linda and Cam!). The city's salt trucks stand at the ready to deal with ice covered roads. I have my own idea on what to do with the salt.

630f364d1fdfa94537b4e9fc83a3e119--let-it-snow-the-snow.jpg

Safe travels home J!

And safe travels to your visiting family JP!

Have a great day all!

e8f0f19ceeeae3a43b658ed2b3d5d955.jpg

Soon, so soon. Aboard the Muse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am baking and the house smells good:)....had some very, very ripe bananas, along with apples and peanut butter.......will take it to the office tomorrow.

Spins, so you leave on Friday? I want to see Ireland. It is on my bucket list;)

We leave Saturday.

I just dread the packing. This is when I need a ladies maid, or a butler.

The photo is of a statue of Calliope, one of the muses.

That is also my birth mothers first name.

We are expecting some bad weather here soon.

It's very hot and humid.

We need rain, so it's welcome.

Lois nothing is better than baking smells.

Lovely that you will share with your office.

Thanks mysty for the good wishes.

Spins, that bad weather is coming here too............actually, it is supposed to start soon for the next few hours. No rain here yet but it is coming this way.

Lois

Radar shows severe line of weather just west of Jax.

Moving fast from west coast and up peninsula.

I know.........I just looked.....but I can look outside and see it too....LOL

Ah...Monday. A little peace and quiet at work. We had fun but time for a break. The last guest left at 4PM yesterday.

Was a fun time with the nieces and nephews. The six of them who were here this weekend range from 6 to 12 now. They are a handful! Though two of them helped us do a water change in the aquarium yesterday which was nice.

We had fun recreating a picture of the group that we'd taken 6 years ago, back when the youngest were just 2-3 months old. Big changes. Fun to see. The fireplace looks much smaller. And no more carpet.

i-WGDNN26-XL.jpg

Mysty, is it icy up in your neck of the woods? My sister said it was a nasty drive from Montreal back to Ottawa yesterday afternoon, and today she says her workplace in Ottawa is closed due to ice everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Greetings Coolers!

Big YES to the icy JP! Our power has been going on and off since I got up at 6:00 am. The first few times I reset clocks and thermostat. After the third time of outage I just gave up! East facing windows look like frosted glass with the ice build up. Furnace is struggling to warm the place. Seriously....Mother Nature is in a snit!

Today's not-so-funny........

fe8a2b58bc0f56b5da840e0e9172df5e.jpg

Have a great day all!