Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

And the wonderful thing about conkers is that the name was probably devised by a child.

I offer that theory purely on the basis that the word is very clearly onamatapeic viz á vis the sound of horse chestnut hitting another horse chestnut at high velocity. And so how would any adult think of it.

:)

Thanks RP! I think we like to think that we are somehow protected from madness here in Canada. Obviously not so! My daughter has a business trip to Toronto today and I am ill at ease. Logically I know that "lightening" rarely strikes twice in the same place and logic is not at play here.

M, I'm sure things will be fine. We must all try and teach ourselves to stop worrying about things that haven't happened. There are simply too many of them. :)

Rp, I agree that we must sympathise and empathise but equally the whole point is that we should all try and keep all our spirits up. Quips are one way. :)

Just off with wifey for one of those female bits checks which she hates so I will wait in the car for her and whisk her home for a nice salmon summer salad with some crisp green wine ....

Hope all goes smoothly for Mrs J! And I do agree with you J! If we let fear control us then "evil" has won. The mechanics of schooling my brain to let fear go is something I continue to struggle with. And life goes on.

Hope all goes smoothly for Mrs J! And I do agree with you J! If we let fear control us then "evil" has won. The mechanics of schooling my brain to let fear go is something I continue to struggle with. And life goes on.

Wifey and I went for our routine blood tests yesterday and the result have appeared online this morning. Great service!

There are around 60 or so readings and results for each of us. Of course the first thing we do is look for those weith a red star and there are a few mostly just outside the range. Mostly are green and so we live without anxiety until our next set of tests about those ones. So most are fine. So it would be too easy to fret. However the reality is that a few years ago no one was aware of all these tests and no one a hundred years ago had them. And people didn't worry about the results. They were in fact happier and less anxious about their health. And of course the one test that wifey should have had and the one I should have had hasn't turned up yet. Perhaps they forgot to ask for it. They forgot last time! One is quite capable of making oneself anxious and ill because of the absence of reassurance.

I wonder whether all this health awareness is making us all more anxious and therefore "ill".

Of well ... of with wifey to hold her hand. :)

Greetings Coolers! Spring decided to take a couple of days off! Rain and chilly for the next few days. Spring was nice while it lasted.

Today's funny....everyone wants to feel like they belong :)

31301677_1681940341852990_7676643447574364160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=533c0bc407ca9ecb6c4eff620ccb90ed&oe=5B52B33D

Have a great day all!

Edited by mysty

THAT WAS WONDERFUL! So enjoyed it. Need to start the day in a good way today.

Close friend will have medical test results today....may not be good.

Snitchy, our aged Jack Russell is sick....will hit vet tomorrow if not better.

Need positive thoughts and good vibes from all, please.