Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

TTS. Enjoy your pictures immensely. No clue on most if not all of them. Guess I have to keep at it!

Tonight I caught lightning in a bottle with dinner. Our local supermarket has been running a special on delicious sea scallops so we grabbed some yesterday and made them tonight. I had some prosciutto from Eataly in Boston last weekend that I was eager to use. So I went into creative mode.

Scallops got coated in salt and pepper, then seared in olive oil. Prosciutto was cut into small pieces then fried in the same pan after the scallops. Added a touch of garlic, then a few chopped capers. Then a beure blanc - white wine, lemon, and a dab of butter. Tossed some pasta in the sauce, and then reheated the scallops while the dish came together. Once plated, finished with a splash of extra-virgin olive oil.

Finished product:

i-K3SxZ9s-L.jpg

These scallops are divine.

i-xNtjw8N-L.jpg

A little side salad for good measure.

i-tBV9FHp-L.jpg

And a Sicilian white to accompany. 40% Pinot Grigio and 60% Catarrato, an indigenous varietal that I'd not heard of yet. Yummy. A floral nose but nice citrus peel and acidity when tasted.

i-gBx99rQ-X3.jpg

Guess I can't put it off any more. Time to go clean the aquarium! So far today we have opened the pool, changed the snow tires, washed one of the cars, and found time for a run. I don't think we'll get to finishing the second coat of paint in the entryway but that can wait until later. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Greetings Coolers!

Jill, I agree with you! All I could think of while watching that take off was a pile of passengers rolling down the aisles and piling up at the back of the plane.

Today's funny for all the fans of Canada Geese......(and I know the number of fans is dwindling in direct proportion to the increase in the Canada Geese population)

31841774_1689272541119770_7549228020058292224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d46ab5ec18fe96c05b7552761593c047&oe=5B54C55D

Have a great day all!

TTS. Enjoy your pictures immensely. No clue on most if not all of them. Guess I have to keep at it!

Tonight I caught lightning in a bottle with dinner. Our local supermarket has been running a special on delicious sea scallops so we grabbed some yesterday and made them tonight. I had some prosciutto from Eataly in Boston last weekend that I was eager to use. So I went into creative mode.

Scallops got coated in salt and pepper, then seared in olive oil. Prosciutto was cut into small pieces then fried in the same pan after the scallops. Added a touch of garlic, then a few chopped capers. Then a beure blanc - white wine, lemon, and a dab of butter. Tossed some pasta in the sauce, and then reheated the scallops while the dish came together. Once plated, finished with a splash of extra-virgin olive oil.

Finished product:

i-K3SxZ9s-L.jpg

These scallops are divine.

i-xNtjw8N-L.jpg

A little side salad for good measure.

i-tBV9FHp-L.jpg

And a Sicilian white to accompany. 40% Pinot Grigio and 60% Catarrato, an indigenous varietal that I'd not heard of yet. Yummy. A floral nose but nice citrus peel and acidity when tasted.

i-gBx99rQ-X3.jpg

Guess I can't put it off any more. Time to go clean the aquarium! So far today we have opened the pool, changed the snow tires, washed one of the cars, and found time for a run. I don't think we'll get to finishing the second coat of paint in the entryway but that can wait until later. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

It's only 8:30am here and I'm drooling! Looks absolutely wonderful! mmmmmmm!

Hurrah Mysty, so glad spring is bustin' out all over for you - mind the old saying, though "cast n'er a clout til May be out"

Lovely blue sky in Jeff's part of the world, I love the West Country, if only it were a bit less west.

Meanwhile back in sunny ( yes, really) London, preparations are afoot for the voyage next week. The packing rail has been assembled, outfits have been planned, discarded and re-planned. The cat has been scooped out of various cases and one pair of crinkly black trousers has been lost. Does anyone have any idea where they might be - answers on a postcard please? Oh, and a washing disaster means that a lovely coral blouse is not quite so coral - more a bilious blueberry. It's hard work, this getting ready for a holiday malarkey.

Rp

PS Looking forward to the cryptic message next week, Miss S.

Good Morning Coolers from a very lovely and warm Seaside. We just had a nice long walk along the beach.

I must get those two knees back in lurching condition.

RP, we bought this house within a few minutes of finding the spot because it has a gorgeous outlook and also a short private path down to two beaches that have no roads and so apart from the sound of the odd dog and kids enjoying the beach it is sublimely untroubled by the modern noises of cars and stuff.

I was tempted to sit at the beach cafe and have a plate of chips with ketchub and mayo and a bottle of wine but that is against the over riding desire to get rid of a bit of puppy fat.

Thanks JP, there is always a glass with Chris and your name on it down here at Seaside!. M, a lovely funny today ... I think many of us look forward to your daily bit of sun. Rp ... my packing is always simple and I wish you luck with your choices. Safe travels Cams and Roberto.

Not worthy of its own thread .... at the moment ....

With the current tensions in the Middle East will the cruise companies stick with their current itineraries and continue to visit Israel? I only ask as our next one, late next year, is scheduled to visit Ashdod and Haifa?

Sent from the magic box!

Not worthy of its own thread .... at the moment ....

With the current tensions in the Middle East will the cruise companies stick with their current itineraries and continue to visit Israel? I only ask as our next one, late next year, is scheduled to visit Ashdod and Haifa?

Sent from the magic box!

No one knows yet do they .... and any opinions so far away can hardly be the basis of a rational decision today. Except a general feeling you might have to avoid the area generally. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RP...sorry to hear about your missing trousers and your formerly coral blouse! Hope the rest of your cruise prep goes smoothly! We don't plant anything new until after the Victoria Day weekend here. Victoria Day is a federal Canadian public holiday celebrated on the last Monday preceding May 25, in honour of Queen Victoria's birthday. That will be May 21st this year. It is not celebrated in the UK except for parts of Eastern Central Scotland, chiefly the cities of Dundee and Edinburgh. Seems a little odd doesn't it? :)

Your balcony looks soooo inviting J! What a beautiful spot! Savour your time there!

TTS...I think the Cooler crowd needs a hint on your last photo quiz. :) Anything??????

I can certainly identify with the packing dilemma.

My clothes remain on the guest room bed, not yet put away. A thought crossed my mind, maybe I could leave them out until the next cruise in September.

Seaside looks gorgeous Jeff.

JP I must say your scallops looked divine.

Mysty, so happy maybe spring is there.

DH has been sick since our return, he has recovered but not without passing it along, and now I have it. Nasty bad germs of unknown origin, although I suspect airport or plane. Going through mounds of tissues.

I am so dizzy, weak and have so much muscle pain. DH says I snore like a man right now, and I like to think that's actually a compliment.

Safe and wonderful travels all!