Just Off the Reflection; A Quick Review

jelayne

We disembarked the Reflection this morning and it was by far the easiest debarkation we have had in 36 cruises on 4 cruise lines.

Overall the cruise was excellent. The weather was perfect; warm, sunny and very calm seas. The crew was exceptional led by Captain Dimitrios who was everywhere including out in costume on Halloween.

Food is subjective but we only had one disappointing meal & that was in Tuscan. Murano, which we haven't had good luck with previously, was exceptional. We love the Lawn Grill and it didn't disappoint us. Blu service and food was wonderful.

The thing that impressed us the most was the Oceanview Cafe. Yes the OVC. We always found it to be good but boring and repetitive but not on this cruise. There were numerous days will a theme menu & not just one or two items. German day was amazing with Many different sausages, German beer, fresh made pretzels, hot potato salad, strudel etc. Another day was Italtian, then Mexican and yesterday they had meat stations carving lamb, pork roast, Chicken, ham, beef roast and more.

We enjoyed the House Band and the DJ. We only went to a couple of the shows they were ok. We don't care for production shows so skipped them as well as others we knew we wouldn't care for.

Glad to be back home, relaxed and well fed:)

So glad you enjoyed, we have our first cruise on Reflection in the Spring....We have read reviews where the ‘sunning’ areas (poolside and lawn club) are significantly busier than on other S class ships, how would you rate your experience?

I also love the Reflection; had a great time on her for the TA to Europe this year. I booked her again for next April/May on a cruise I did quite a few years ago and can’t wait!

So glad that you really enjoyed your cruise!!! I believe this was the one that your agency gave you so much trouble with right before your cruise...

So glad that it all worked out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad you enjoyed, we have our first cruise on Reflection in the Spring....We have read reviews where the ‘sunning’ areas (poolside and lawn club) are significantly busier than on other S class ships, how would you rate your experience?

I never had a problem finding a lounge chair near the pool on the Reflection. I go to the pool by myself (not something DH cares for) so that makes it a bit easier. But overall no problem.

I also love the Reflection; had a great time on her for the TA to Europe this year. I booked her again for next April/May on a cruise I did quite a few years ago and can’t wait!

So glad that you really enjoyed your cruise!!! I believe this was the one that your agency gave you so much trouble with right before your cruise...

So glad that it all worked out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! This wasn't the cruise that has the agency problem. That is a B2B Asia in February. I was finally able to get the reservations removed from the TA and the erroneous $1260 charge removed but unfortunately moving them from the TA to Celebrity resulted in the fare being repriced so it is costing us $1800 more.

Something about the TA pricing was due to them waiving part of their commission but since the reservation is no longer with them there is no commission to be waived thus we pay more:mad:. Sounds to me like Celebrity now doesn' t pay any agency a commission and we get to pay more:confused:. If we didn't have a non-refundable air, side trip to the Taj Mahal & hotel at stake we would cancel.

But the Reflection TA was great.

I never had a problem finding a lounge chair near the pool on the Reflection. I go to the pool by myself (not something DH cares for) so that makes it a bit easier. But overall no problem.

Thanks for that! We are not the sort of guests that spent hours poolside, we don’t mind being a bit away from the pool either but it is nice to know we shouldn’t have to hunt high and low for a seat!

So sorry your other cruise is costing more...it really doesn’t seem fair but I think you are right now to ‘put the issue behind you’ and just look forward to your cruise!