Century returns to the fleet?!?!?

cruisestitch

I still miss the Century -- it was also my favorite ship and also the favorite ship of my husband. It had such a wonderful crew and staff. And so many of the public spaces had a certain graciousness to them. I think of the Crystal Room and sigh. The faux finishes of the newer ships just can't compare with the real wood interiors of the now departed C-class ships.

I still miss the Century -- it was also my favorite ship and also the favorite ship of my husband. It had such a wonderful crew and staff. And so many of the public spaces had a certain graciousness to them. I think of the Crystal Room and sigh. The faux finishes of the newer ships just can't compare with the real wood interiors of the now departed C-class ships.

Always like the wood finishes in the MDR, what a classic...

And I sailed on her in the last season. (December she went the following April from memory)

Reading this I am becoming rather nostalgic. We were also on the Century during her last few months with Celebrity. We boarded her in September 2014 in San Francisco for a 23 night run (through Hawaii and French Polynesia) to Sydney and then stayed on for a 12 night South Pacific cruise back to Sydney. The day we had to disembark we were standing on the steps of the Opera House when she set sail, and it was quite the view with the harbor bridge behind her. We knew we would never see her, at least as the Century, again.

I am trying to remember when the Century was turned over to her new management. Some friends were actually on that final cruise, and I somehow think it was February 2015.

Reading this I am becoming rather nostalgic. We were also on the Century during her last few months with Celebrity. We boarded her in September 2014 in San Francisco for a 23 night run (through Hawaii and French Polynesia) to Sydney and then stayed on for a 12 night South Pacific cruise back to Sydney. The day we had to disembark we were standing on the steps of the Opera House when she set sail, and it was quite the view with the harbor bridge behind her. We knew we would never see her, at least as the Century, again.

I am trying to remember when the Century was turned over to her new management. Some friends were actually on that final cruise, and I somehow think it was February 2015.

It was certainly early 2015, The season here normally ends April and that’s why I was guessing at April 2015.

We were on he4 in The a December 2014, our first Celebrity cruise actually. But your February may be right, I’ll have a look for the thread that was around when they rearranged the itinerary of the last cruise.

We were booked on what should have been Century’s final cruise from Dubai to Rome on 12th April 2015,

However, we were told on 2 nd September 2014 that she had been redeployed to the Chinese market and were given the choice of 3 cruises out of Singapore during March 2015. We didn’t take any of them as the timings weren’t connevient.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Century. We were becoming disenchanted with RCCL and decided to try Celebrity. Loved that ship as well as Galaxy and Mercury. All three had an old world elegance about them that you don't find any more.

We live in Minnesota and in late March of 2012 the winter had been brutal and we needed to get out of the tundra. I went on the web sit and got a great deal on a 5 night Caribbean cruise on the Century for early April. We loved the cruise and the Century. As has been said the Century is very elegant with the wood and comfortable spaces. We got hooked on Celebrity and will be sailing on our 8th cruise with Celebrity in January of 2018. We really like the S Class ships but the Century has a special place in our cruising life!