Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

We sail on the Jan. 14th Western Caribbean Regal cruise. I am excited about this new step forward in cruising. I hope we get a medallion but I doubt we will if the same blocks of staterooms are the chosen few. With that being said, I understand with any new technology there comes quite a bit of testing (trial and error) so if we do get the medallion, I understand there will be issues in receiving it. They HAD to announce it was coming, otherwise those that were STUCK with the testing of the medallion would be complaining. I am amazed at all the comment from folks that seem to be surprised at the setbacks so far. I don’t know of anything of this magnitude that goes off without a hitch and I think to expect it would is a bit naive. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for it to do all they claimed but never did I really expect it. That just isn’t how something new works!

They just pulled those bands on the 25th so I'm not sure what caused the hold up. It just seems to not be working for whatever reason! I'm on the 12/3 sailing and they had said it would be mailed out today to be here by the 29th via 2 day Fed Ex. We shall see what happens. It will be interesting to see if the bands are in the box or if they send the lanyards. I chose the bands since they cost $24 figuring I would just buy the lanyard on board for $7.99. Of course I didn't know I had to also carry a card at the time.

I don't think either of us is going to be able to use the medallions for much.

Well we are getting the lanyard after all! We just got this email from Princess:

Dearazbirdmom,

We wanted to update you on the complimentary accessory you’re receiving as aguest on one of our Ocean preview voyages. To improve your experience, youraccessory will now be a unique lanyard that can hold both your Medallion, andRFID card. If you confirmed your address with us for shipping, the lanyard willbe sent to you in the mail prior to your vacation.

Thankyou for joining us on this exciting endeavor!

Princess CustomerService Team

Well we are getting the lanyard after all! We just got this email from Princess:

Dearazbirdmom,

We wanted to update you on the complimentary accessory you’re receiving as aguest on one of our Ocean preview voyages. To improve your experience, youraccessory will now be a unique lanyard that can hold both your Medallion, andRFID card. If you confirmed your address with us for shipping, the lanyard willbe sent to you in the mail prior to your vacation.

That's great! When is your sailing?

I assume you can carry the medallion in your pocket? Not great for the ladies.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hi Peg! Hope you're doing well. They were providing complementary wrist bands (the rubber type) that the Medallion snaps into but those malfunctioned so they are providing lanyards. And they have a variety of other holders that you can get, for extra cost of course!

Hi Peg! Hope you're doing well. They were providing complementary wrist bands (the rubber type) that the Medallion snaps into but those malfunctioned so they are providing lanyards. And they have a variety of other holders that you can get, for extra cost of course!

Julie! Doing great and hope you are, too. I had those same wrist bands on a RC cruise a couple of years ago. Came off my wrist and lost it on Day 2. Many complaints by others of those 'snaps'.

Easy to get new one, they gave me one with a buckle-type closure (think old watch bands)...worked much better. Passenger Services asked if *this* was my last purchase then closed the account and issued new one. Five minutes, tops. Hope Princess goes that route.

Have a great cruise! Doing a Caribbean 10 day on Caribbean Princess this spring. :)

Dearazbirdmom,

You keep getting all of these emails and I'm not getting any!! My medallion should have been mailed out yesterday. I'm hoping that they included the lanyard instead since we can't wear the bands. If not I guess I will go to the store and ask to exchange them.

You keep getting all of these emails and I'm not getting any!! My medallion should have been mailed out yesterday. I'm hoping that they included the lanyard instead since we can't wear the bands. If not I guess I will go to the store and ask to exchange them.

It is weird that you're not getting any emails. The subject of the email was "Booking #XXXXXX: Look for your lanyard" so it seemed like it was something they sent out to alert folks that the ***** was on the way. Hope your's arrives tomorrow as promised and more importantly that it functions come Sunday!

It is weird that you're not getting any emails. The subject of the email was "Booking #XXXXXX: Look for your lanyard" so it seemed like it was something they sent out to alert folks that the ***** was on the way. Hope your's arrives tomorrow as promised and more importantly that it functions come Sunday!

Ok, email showed up at 8:38 PM EST. And what I didn't know is the package that got delivered and was waiting for me at my front desk was my medallion!! The email that gets sent out showed it was shipped from Miami and I figured it was something else I ordered. Carnival headquarters are here and that's where it came from.

Medallion is cool. Lanyards are really cheap looking. The holder is plastic. Ours is a dark grey so I would assume that's the color for Elite.

I guess they punch a hole in the card so it can hang behind it.

Ok, email showed up at 8:38 PM EST. And what I didn't know is the package that got delivered and was waiting for me at my front desk was my medallion!! The email that gets sent out showed it was shipped from Miami and I figured it was something else I ordered. Carnival headquarters are here and that's where it came from.

Medallion is cool. Lanyards are really cheap looking. The holder is plastic. Ours is a dark grey so I would assume that's the color for Elite.

I guess they punch a hole in the card so it can hang behind it.

Interesting. The email suggested that both could fit into the holder. I don't think you can safely punch a hole in an RFID card so I will be very interested to see if I get something different.

Interesting. The email suggested that both could fit into the holder. I don't think you can safely punch a hole in an RFID card so I will be very interested to see if I get something different.

I wish I knew how to post a picture on here.

The plastic case encases the medallion. There is a small slit on top of it and you use the small thin silver clip on the lanyard to clip through this. There is no where to hold the card nor another plastic holder so I have no clue what else they would do but punch a tiny hole.

We are on the April TA, suppose to be an "Ocean Medallion" cruise, if Princess has their stuff together by then great if not no biggie we're there to relax and as along as we can get in and out of our cabin, medallion or card, all is good. Princess will figure this crap out sooner or later, so to all the people getting your panties in a wad get over it and enjoy your cruise one way or another and quit stressing over something you can't control.

I wish I knew how to post a picture on here.

The plastic case encases the medallion. There is a small slit on top of it and you use the small thin silver clip on the lanyard to clip through this. There is no where to hold the card nor another plastic holder so I have no clue what else they would do but punch a tiny hole.

Is it the same as the one we bought below?

i-hLN4kCX-D.jpg

I had a clear plastic wallet from the shop on our Majestic Princess cruise (as they would not punch a hole) and attached the cruise card to the same hook.

Sandra

I board on Sunday and will do a live from thread and we are medallion.

Great will watch for your report, thanks.We sail Feb 4th on the Regal, have heard nothing one way or the other on the medallion. We are way forward on deck 8.Thanks again!

Carolyn,if you have a chance, would you check if elites can still switch the bar set up for 2 coffee cards and if they still honor old cards.There were reports of changes with the coffee cards not being for sale on a very recent Grand Princess cruise. Thanks and have a wonderful time.

We sail on the Jan. 14th Western Caribbean Regal cruise. I am excited about this new step forward in cruising. I hope we get a medallion but I doubt we will if the same blocks of staterooms are the chosen few. With that being said, I understand with any new technology there comes quite a bit of testing (trial and error) so if we do get the medallion, I understand there will be issues in receiving it. They HAD to announce it was coming, otherwise those that were STUCK with the testing of the medallion would be complaining. I am amazed at all the comment from folks that seem to be surprised at the setbacks so far. I don’t know of anything of this magnitude that goes off without a hitch and I think to expect it would is a bit naive. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for it to do all they claimed but never did I really expect it. That just isn’t how something new works!

I'm on that one as well. We booked specifically because we wanted to experience the Medallion Class. Hope they are up and running.