Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

It's been 10 days since the roll-out. How many cabins now have the medallion? How many more is that since day 1?

I should think it's the same cabins as on the first cruise (just over a 100).

The trial is still focussing on getting these working so would not be sensible to extend it. I have heard that the current cruise (Nov 19th) lets you embark/disembark and make purchases with the Medallion so there is steady progress.

Sandra

The trial is still focussing on getting these working so would not be sensible to extend it. I have heard that the current cruise (Nov 19th) lets you embark/disembark and make purchases with the Medallion so there is steady progress.

Sandra

Exactly. Concentrate on the initial 100, fix the IT issues and other connectivity stuff and the rest of the ship will be fine after that. My guess is that it will be in good shape by the middle of December.

Sandra

Have you heard anything in regards to whether or not it's opening doors yet?

I board on 12/3 and see that Ocean Ready went live yesterday for me. I was able to scan my passport, input all of my information and a picture. It states that 72 hours prior to boarding they will email me to remind me and I should go back and and sign the Health Questions.

Saw this today on Facebook. Another poster who just got off posted this yesterday. Doesn't sound like the medallion is doing much and now they have issues with the wristbands!

Guess I will see what arrives to my home on Wednesday as I ordered the wristband. Looks like we will have to carry both that and a card.

A brief update on the Medallion:

*** URGENT Recall! ***

If you have received the Medallion wristband, they are RECALLING all of the wristbands due to their insecurity maintaining a connection on your wrist. The pin that is inserted in the wristband easily pops out, causing a potential falling off your wrist. I can speak from first-hand experience!

Additionally, the Medallion is NOT granting access to your cabin, as intended. You will still need your Medallion Test Pilot License cruise card.

We are on the Regal right now. I think there is a lot more to be done before Ocean Medallion is fully implemented across the ship. Only a small handful of staterooms have the tablet screen installed outside. Surely this in itself is going to take time to rectify? On the face of it, it does seem that Princess has woefully undersestimated the logistics of the infrastructure installation. I’m sure it will get sorted but not for a good few months.

Oh and there’s no sign of any Christmas decorations yet :(

We are on the Regal right now. I think there is a lot more to be done before Ocean Medallion is fully implemented across the ship. Only a small handful of staterooms have the tablet screen installed outside. Surely this in itself is going to take time to rectify? On the face of it, it does seem that Princess has woefully undersestimated the logistics of the infrastructure installation. I’m sure it will get sorted but not for a good few months.

PS. The new internet is generally amazing. Have just been able to watch 4K YouTube videos as we pulled into Princess Cays. This is currently free as a sweetener for Ocean Medallion not being ready. In my opinion, even at $9.99 per day, it’s a bit of bargain.

That’ probably because it is only NOVEMBER 27!

We’ve sailed this same itinerary before on the same post Thanksgiving weekend and there have been decorations. Wasn’t moaning but conmenting for information as I expect people are interested. (You’re obviously not.) Similarly, we received five pats of butter last night.

We’ve sailed this same itinerary before on the same post Thanksgiving weekend and there have been decorations. Wasn’t moaning but conmenting for information as I expect people are interested. (You’re obviously not.) Similarly, we received five pats of butter last night.

Last year we were on this sailing on the Regal and they decorated during the cruise so they should be starting soon!

Saw this today on Facebook. Another poster who just got off posted this yesterday. Doesn't sound like the medallion is doing much and now they have issues with the wristbands!

Guess I will see what arrives to my home on Wednesday as I ordered the wristband. Looks like we will have to carry both that and a card.

A brief update on the Medallion:

*** URGENT Recall! ***

If you have received the Medallion wristband, they are RECALLING all of the wristbands due to their insecurity maintaining a connection on your wrist. The pin that is inserted in the wristband easily pops out, causing a potential falling off your wrist. I can speak from first-hand experience!

Additionally, the Medallion is NOT granting access to your cabin, as intended. You will still need your Medallion Test Pilot License cruise card.

Thanks for sharing. I'm was wondering if there was some sort of malfunction with the Medallion that was prompting them to keep pushing back the ***** mailing dates. I've been given three different dates so far for our December 10th sailing. I guess the malfunction was with the sport band. Hoping that they figure this all out soon and that it starts living up to its promise!

Thanks for sharing. I'm was wondering if there was some sort of malfunction with the Medallion that was prompting them to keep pushing back the ***** mailing dates. I've been given three different dates so far for our December 10th sailing. I guess the malfunction was with the sport band. Hoping that they figure this all out soon and that it starts living up to its promise!

They just pulled those bands on the 25th so I'm not sure what caused the hold up. It just seems to not be working for whatever reason! I'm on the 12/3 sailing and they had said it would be mailed out today to be here by the 29th via 2 day Fed Ex. We shall see what happens. It will be interesting to see if the bands are in the box or if they send the lanyards. I chose the bands since they cost $24 figuring I would just buy the lanyard on board for $7.99. Of course I didn't know I had to also carry a card at the time.

I don't think either of us is going to be able to use the medallions for much.

Some people may be away pre cruise and not receive the Medallion at home.

What is the mailing time from Princess send them out to receiving them?

Will they get a Medallion with their name and date at embarkment?

For the December 10th cruise, the Ocean Concierge that I spoke to most recently said that there were being shipped on December 4th via two day shipping so we should have them on December 6th. We are in the USA, I don't know if the timing is different to Canada.

You should be able to get a properly engraved Medallion at the port if the mailed one doesn't arrive prior to your departure.

the screens are installed for each cabin, was done last drydock, it is located behind the gold plate at each mailbox. Just not all are activated as of yet.

For the December 10th cruise, the Ocean Concierge that I spoke to most recently said that there were being shipped on December 4th via two day shipping so we should have them on December 6th. We are in the USA, I don't know if the timing is different to Canada.

You should be able to get a properly engraved Medallion at the port if the mailed one doesn't arrive prior to your departure.

I assume you can carry the medallion in your pocket? Not great for the ladies.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

was A411 on the 4 day cruise on Regal departing FLL on 11/15/17 going to the Turks, err, princess cay part of the cabins selected for the ***** experience?

The original ***** cabins were on Baja, Marina and Lido decks only - see post #150 in this thread for details

Sandra