Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

I'm on that one as well. We booked specifically because we wanted to experience the Medallion Class. Hope they are up and running.

I am on this cruise too and just got the email from Princess that my room C301 will not be in the ***** grouping which really sucks because that is the main reason I booked this cruise at this time. To experience the *****. Not a very happy camper right now.,

I am on this cruise too and just got the email from Princess that my room C301 will not be in the ***** grouping which really sucks because that is the main reason I booked this cruise at this time. To experience the *****. Not a very happy camper right now.,

O.k., now that I have gotten over the initial disappointment let me back track a little and say that I am looking forward to experiencing the other new features and I will be on a terrific cruise and on vacation so what is not to like! :)

I guess I'm a little confused. besides the long overdue better internet, what 'new features' will the ***** experience bring if you are not part of the ***** experience?

From my understanding, you will still be able to use the Ocean Ready program on your smart phone or tablet to order breakfast, make reservations and numerous other things. The new Ft Lauderdale terminal will be fun to see and experience. The new and fast Wifi. Pretty much all of the other aspects of the upgrades but you just won't get a Medallion to open your cabin door and you will have to get up off your pool lounger to get your own drinks. I can live with that. ;)

Carolyn,if you have a chance, would you check if elites can still switch the bar set up for 2 coffee cards and if they still honor old cards.There were reports of changes with the coffee cards not being for sale on a very recent Grand Princess cruise. Thanks and have a wonderful time.

thank you! I'll be happy to check. If you could just remind me on my live from thread while I'm on it would be great.

We're on the 1/14 cruise too, and booked it over another ship due to the *****. We're supposedly on the wait list but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm on that one as well. We booked specifically because we wanted to experience the Medallion Class. Hope they are up and running.

thank you! I'll be happy to check. If you could just remind me on my live from thread while I'm on it would be great.

I was on the Regal from 11/5-12 in a full suite and we were able to trade our minibar for 2 coffee cards. Elites get the same opportunity as full suites to do this, don't they?

This is for a mid-January cruise? I thought I saw somewhere that the "trial" would be through the end of the year so it must not be going well at all if they can't yet say when ***** will go ship-wide in 2018.

Our friends that are on now (no medallion) have a b2b2b booked starting mid February and they just got the email that their cabin for that sailing is not included once again.

Princess has now updated them on their website from Ocean Medallion Sailing to Ocean Preview.

Our 1/28 cruise on the Regal is not included. Just the small group of cabins get medallions. Got $100 OBC per person from Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just received the Email from Princess saying we are not in the Medallion test group on our Feb 11 sailing on the Regal. How did you get the $100PP OBC, do you have to call and request it, or did they give it to you automatically? Someone on our Roll Call thread was saying they wangled $150PP

I'm on the Dec 17 sailing and just called this evening. I had to be transferred to customer relations, and then bluntly asked for them to do something. They then credited the account $100 OBC pp as a goodwill gesture. That was my experience.

I am sailing on Regal in May. My cruise is still listed as a ***** vacation cruise. Is this likely to change to a preview cruise and still have the same amount of cabins or will it be expanded to more cabins by then> In Vancouver a few years back translink interduced a contactless smart card for transit similar to Londons Oyster card and had lots of delays due to glitches

I just got home from the 11-26 to 12-03 sailing on the regal. We had the medallions and basicly nothing worked. We traveled with two other couples and we all wound up just leaving the medallions in the cabins.

The tag along screens just showed general information such as what was available on each deck or sales promos. The last day I saw some screens that showed tag alongs but they were just generic demos.

Cabin access worked for one person out of 7.

Social Ocean worked for a few people but not us.

Ocean Ready never worked

No one was able to order anything through their smartphone or tablet.

Everyone who had a medallion at check in was given a lanyard to replace the wristband. The lanyard had a holder for the Medallion and a sleeve for the cruise card.

Wow, that is sad. After a year build up and then only having X number of cabins that got the ***** and they didn't even work. Just sad and a terrible roll out of a new technology.

I just got home from the 11-26 to 12-03 sailing on the regal. We had the medallions and basicly nothing worked. We traveled with two other couples and we all wound up just leaving the medallions in the cabins.

The tag along screens just showed general information such as what was available on each deck or sales promos. The last day I saw some screens that showed tag alongs but they were just generic demos.

Cabin access worked for one person out of 7.

Social Ocean worked for a few people but not us.

Ocean Ready never worked

No one was able to order anything through their smartphone or tablet.

Everyone who had a medallion at check in was given a lanyard to replace the wristband. The lanyard had a holder for the Medallion and a sleeve for the cruise card.

this beta process should have happened six months ago at least to even be semi-ready for the first live cruise that was promoted heavily by CCL/Princess and the greatest innovation to cruising ever.

Yeah, how's that working out?

why can't the IT dudettes just throw the main breaker to shut down the whole ***** system, go get a beer, and then reboot the system when they get back? works for me when my computer goes wonky -and the dog even gets another walk while waiting the 10 minutes to reboot

you might have yourself a great little internet business idea there...bet people would pay you to make them a holder..;p

There are many possibilities but have to get the dimensions or an actual medallion to work with. My next cruise is 12/08/2018 so it may be awhile.

why can't the IT dudettes just throw the main breaker to shut down the whole ***** system, go get a beer, and then reboot the system when they get back? works for me when my computer goes wonky -and the dog even gets another walk while waiting the 10 minutes to reboot

That sounds like the solution. The next step is to get rid of the "IT dudettes" and hire some high school kids to fix the system. This has really gotten out of hand.