Someone in my party does not want to go!

FLOTR

I am sailing this Sunday 12-3 on the Navigator of the Seas in a 3-person room. My dad is not sure he wants to go. Anyone else have this happen? Of course we would not be able to get a refund for him but do you know of any other penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would be refunded taxes and port fees I believe if he is a no show at the port, and could cancel any prepaid gratuities, excursions, drink packages, etc. As far as the rest of the cruise fare it would be non-refundable. I do not believe there are any penalties though.

I am sailing this Sunday 12-3 on the Navigator of the Seas in a 3-person room. My dad is not sure he wants to go. Anyone else have this happen? Of course we would not be able to get a refund for him but do you know of any other penalties?

Cancellation of the third person in a cabin is different than cancelling person one and two, I would call and ask the cruise line if you can remove him. You can also still substitute someone else in his place if you wanted to do that instead.

Cancellation of the third person in a cabin is different than cancelling person one and two, I would call and ask the cruise line if you can remove him. You can also still substitute someone else in his place if you wanted to do that instead.

I believe the third person can be removed up to 14 days before the cruise for a full refund.

Is the ship on a charter? Someone posted on a live review of Navigator that they had to change. see below VVVV

"Until Dec 3rd when the 5-night charter begins. Was originally going to be on that one instead of the Nov 19th 5-nighter (before Dec 3rd was chartered - compensated by OBC and a no-charge swap), but we have met great people through this B2B and regret nothing!"

Is the ship on a charter? Someone posted on a live review of Navigator that they had to change. see below VVVV

"Until Dec 3rd when the 5-night charter begins. Was originally going to be on that one instead of the Nov 19th 5-nighter (before Dec 3rd was chartered - compensated by OBC and a no-charge swap), but we have met great people through this B2B and regret nothing!"

Yes, my parents bought a car from the dealership that chartered so for the 3 of us with a cabin upgrade the fare was cheap. we will not be too upset if we loose his portion . 56403274

Yes, my parents bought a car from the dealership that chartered so for the 3 of us with a cabin upgrade the fare was cheap. we will not be too upset if we loose his portion . 56403274

Did the dealership charter the whole of the ship or only sufficient staterooms for the people from the dealership? Do you know if it is something they have done before ?

Did the dealership charter the whole of the ship or only sufficient staterooms for the people from the dealership? Do you know if it is something they have done before ?

I believe that this is the dealerships second time chartering. I am not sure if they booked the entire ship.

If you cancel the 3rd person, and the ship starts to run short on cabins that can accommodate 3 people, and they have others potential customers who need a 3 person cabin, there's a chance they could force you to switch to a different cabin. That may or may not matter to you, but it's a possibility.

That would a BIG, and EXPENSIVE dealership. :D

That is HUGE !!!! - Kia dealer owns 17 dealerships in Florida and in the northeast - always does full charter - BTW - you will ( or you parents ) will receive a 1099 form and will have to pay taxes on the value.

That is HUGE !!!! - Kia dealer owns 17 dealerships in Florida and in the northeast - always does full charter - BTW - you will ( or you parents ) will receive a 1099 form and will have to pay taxes on the value.

I was not aware of that, thanks for the info.

I believe the third person can be removed up to 14 days before the cruise for a full refund.

But I wonder, and this is pure speculation on my part, you risk having your cabin moved. I've heard of people moved last minute from balcony cabins they had for months because they were moved to a balcony designed for 2, when their original room held 3.

But I wonder, and this is pure speculation on my part, you risk having your cabin moved. I've heard of people moved last minute from balcony cabins they had for months because they were moved to a balcony designed for 2, when their original room held 3.

I agree, there's a small chance to lose the stateroom. That's why I would normally just have the 3rd person be a no show if the money loss can be afforded.

We have a second passenger that is now not going (we are about 30 days out from sailing). RC (through our travel agent) told us yesterday that we have to notify RC at least 14 days before sailing that the passenger is not sailing in order to get the port charges and taxes returned. We were just going to do a "no show". Does this seem right?

We have a second passenger that is now not going (we are about 30 days out from sailing). RC (through our travel agent) told us yesterday that we have to notify RC at least 14 days before sailing that the passenger is not sailing in order to get the port charges and taxes returned. We were just going to do a "no show". Does this seem right?

Unless the policy has changed very recently, any no show gets a refund of taxes and any pre-cruise purchases made through Royal's Cruise Planner.

For this particular charter, it is crucial to know how the car purchased is titled. My name is first on the title, and I was told I would have to cruise. Unfortunately, I had a work conflict so we did not book. You should check with your parents as to the title then confirm with the cruise coordinator that it is no issue for your dad to not cruise. If the vehicle is in your mom's name only, or her name appears first, you should be good to go. Good luck.

For this particular charter, it is crucial to know how the car purchased is titled. My name is first on the title, and I was told I would have to cruise. Unfortunately, I had a work conflict so we did not book. You should check with your parents as to the title then confirm with the cruise coordinator that it is no issue for your dad to not cruise. If the vehicle is in your mom's name only, or her name appears first, you should be good to go. Good luck.

Thank you, I had not thought of that. Good excuse to "force" him to go ;)

Why did you buy a Kia?

Agree. Definitely call. I'd be afraid to get there w/o one person and have it create an issue.

-Judy