No More Prepaid Parking for Port Canaveral Terminal Parking

Scotty G

Just inquired about prepaid parking for Port Canaveral Terminal Parking with the Port Authority and was advised that they had just stopped that service today. Those parking at the Terminal now must pay when they arrive.

This was the message I received: "We no longer offer that service as of a couple of hours ago. Sorry, you can pay the day you arrive"

And they do not offer valet parking like Tampa so if you have mobility issues, you are up the creek. We used a parking shuttle last week because there was no way to drop luggage, park and walk to terminal. Not handicap friendly parking.

And they do not offer valet parking like Tampa so if you have mobility issues, you are up the creek. We used a parking shuttle last week because there was no way to drop luggage, park and walk to terminal. Not handicap friendly parking.

Not sure I follow, can't you drop luggage as you enter then drive up ramp to park car and take elevators back down to Terminal entrance.

What am I missing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not sure I follow, can't you drop luggage as you enter then drive up ramp to park car and take elevators back down to Terminal entrance.

What am I missing?

That's what we did when we went on Oasis a few weeks ago-dropped luggage, parked very close to the elevator, like 25 feet away and rode it down to the entrance. I thought it was very user friendly.

We also prepaid and the guy there looked at the paperwork, then he had to scan a keycard he had to get the gate to open. I'm not sure how they will handle it though since there is only one booth for the entrance gates (at least 2, maybe 3 gates) and no room to put another one in.

What am I missing?

What you are missing John is we were not sailing Royal. Made a major error and booked NCL and the parking was an outdoor lot at terminal 10. I called and was told one of us would have to park and walk to terminal 10 and neither of us is able to walk that distance due to medical issues at this time.

We have not tried parking at terminal 1. Do they have handicap parking near the elevators?

We could have parked at your condo and you could have driven us to the Epic.

What you are missing John is we were not sailing Royal. Made a major error and booked NCL and the parking was an outdoor lot at terminal 10. I called and was told one of us would have to park and walk to terminal 10 and neither of us is able to walk that distance due to medical issues at this time.

We have not tried parking at terminal 1. Do they have handicap parking near the elevators?

We could have parked at your condo and you could have driven us to the Epic.

Oops, I assumed you meant T1.

Yep, T10 is/was a bit of a haul from our days on Freedom.

T1 has handicapped parking right by the west elevators. That is the elevator closest to entrance.

Oh, and I do have guest hang tags for parking at our condo. [emoji6]

So, for our January cruise on Majesty we can safely park at Terminal 1 and find a parking space near elevator. Or we can park at your condo and you and Bella will take us to ship?

I'd ask for breakfast and some Bloody Mary's too!:D

Just an update: I received the following email today ( I HAD pre-paid for my parking at T1):

As a result of equipment upgrades, we no longer are able to process pre-paid parking reservations at Port Canaveral.

Your funds have been reimbursed and will appear on your credit card statement within 5 to 7 business days. Please pay for parking when you are at the Port at your terminal. There is plenty of parking at each cruise terminal.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may incur.

Just an update: I received the following email today ( I HAD pre-paid for my parking at T1):

As a result of equipment upgrades, we no longer are able to process pre-paid parking reservations at Port Canaveral.

Your funds have been reimbursed and will appear on your credit card statement within 5 to 7 business days. Please pay for parking when you are at the Port at your terminal.There is plenty of parking at each cruise terminal.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may incur.

I prepaid for our parking in October for our Oasis cruise that leaves on Sunday. I have not received an email that our credit card has been refunded. I just checked my account online and there is no credit posted. I have the receipt. Sure hope that I don’t have a problem on Sunday.

I prepaid for our parking in October for our Oasis cruise that leaves on Sunday. I have not received an email that our credit card has been refunded. I just checked my account online and there is no credit posted. I have the receipt. Sure hope that I don’t have a problem on Sunday.

You won't have a problem. They'll honor your original payment.

ours was for a March 4 cruise on Oasis. I would think you would be fine. I booked early to avoid the $1.00/day fee increase. Evidently it didnt work...price is now 18/ day.

ours was for a March 4 cruise on Oasis. I would think you would be fine. I booked early to avoid the $1.00/day fee increase. Evidently it didnt work...price is now 18/ day.

Thanks for responding. Relieves my mind.

Just inquired about prepaid parking for Port Canaveral Terminal Parking with the Port Authority and was advised that they had just stopped that service today. Those parking at the Terminal now must pay when they arrive.

This was the message I received: "We no longer offer that service as of a couple of hours ago. Sorry, you can pay the day you arrive"

Thanks for the info, I was wondering why they did not have the prepay available on their web site.:cool: