Questions about obc from the travel agengy

Im A Happy Cruiser

We usually book directly with Celebrity but went through a TA for an upcoming cruise because they were offering $950 OBC in addition to the $300 that Celebrity gives for a suite. If we do not use all of the OBC from the travel agency, will the extra be refunded at the end of the cruise? Also, when I got on line to reserve a few shore excursions, only the $300 given by Celebrity was listed as available. Is it normal for OBC from a TA to not be in the system until you are actually on the ship?

To the second question, yes that is normal. It doesnt register in your account until you are actually on th ship.

To the first wuestion, it is possible that some of the credit actually comes from Celebrity and is just channeled through the agency. If so, that part would be not refundable.

Sad to say, TA's are not always sure. We use a large, not-to-be-named agency and a couple times we have asked and they were unsure. So it is worth asking, but take the answer with a grain of salt unless they are certain about it (and maybe even then). Most of the time it is refundable, but as has been said occasionally it is part of a Celebrity agreement of some sort with the TA and part of it is not refundable.

Refundable OBC from a TA that isn’t used is refunded to your credit card.

I have found that it is not always the case. I book with a Big Box store travel agency and was told any unused TA OBC would be credited to my credit card. However, when rushing off the ship in Barcelona to my ship transfer, I was stopped and not allowed to disembark until I went to guest relations to retrieve the credit on my account in cash. I had to settle my account on my RCCL B2B cruises in Sept on the last night of each sailing and obtain my credit balance in cash.

Congrats on all your OBC; I wish I had that for my suite on my TA in 2019! You need to really check that out with your TA, Celebrity and Captain's Club! Yes, head to Guest Relations, as was mentioned above. If you are still not sure...spend it all and just have fun! We had an issue once with our total amount of OBC not showing when on the ship; it took three or four days before we saw it!

I have found that it is not always the case. I book with a Big Box store travel agency and was told any unused TA OBC would be credited to my credit card. However, when rushing off the ship in Barcelona to my ship transfer, I was stopped and not allowed to disembark until I went to guest relations to retrieve the credit on my account in cash. I had to settle my account on my RCCL B2B cruises in Sept on the last night of each sailing and obtain my credit balance in cash.

it may depend on how you originally paid for the cruise. if you paid the TA and the TA then paid the cruise line they probably wouldn't put it back on your card. but if you paid the line directly, either yourself or through the TA (the charge was to the cruise line vs. the TA) it could go back on your card.

also, the reason OBC from your TA takes a couple of days into the cruise to show up is that the TA has to purchase this from the line and usually waits till the last minute to do so.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app