Passengers killed in bus accident

Jdfireman

My brother is on Equinox with his wife. I talked them into going to Chacchoben. We got no answers from the shore side information line. I called the ship and asked to be connected to their room. The operator told me that they were involved in the accident, but that she had no further information about their condition. I'm on hold with the shore side office now, trying to find out about their status. Please pray.

My heart just dropped reading your post. Prayers just offered for your brother and sister in law. My heart is with you and the other affected by this incident. I hope you have good news very soon.

So Sad. I'm on Serenade. Capt said 4 of our passengers were on the bus, injured but not killed. We will be leaving Costa Maya late tonite.

Accidents like this affect the crew as well, especially the Captain. On many ships, he's the one who has to break the news to any relatives onboard.

My brother is on Equinox with his wife. I talked them into going to Chacchoben. We got no answers from the shore side information line. I called the ship and asked to be connected to their room. The operator told me that they were involved in the accident, but that she had no further information about their condition. I'm on hold with the shore side office now, trying to find out about their status. Please pray.

You should post to the rollcall for Equinox. Someone else has posted looking for information about his mother and a man on the ship went to the cabin to check on her. She had made it back to the ship. Maybe this man will see your post and could provide some information.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2309158&page=19

Praying.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

If any of you are on Twitter search “Costa Maya” there is a gentleman posting updates. I don’t want to put his name on here but you’ll find him. So sad, we will be there in a couple weeks on Navigator.

I just found the Twitter account, his updates have been sad yet informative 😥

I feel just awful for all the passengers, crew, their families of Equinox and Serenade, thoughts and prayers 🙏

Just heard from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gut wrenching news. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. I don't know what else to say about such a tragedy. You have my deepest sympathy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just heard from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, Sam my heart is breaking for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please be kind to yourself as you deal with this and do not blame yourself. Not your fault, you did nothing wrong.

ML