Alcohol , Non Alcohol Drink related questions and a question for the ladies.

thesmiths

Finalizing some things and doing some cabin shopping for our upcoming May Cruise on the Vista.

( still a surprise for my wife for our 25th Anniversary)

Just realized for the Cheers program, Both parties have to purchase the program.

My wife being on seizure meds + a few others is not allowed alcohol.

(I am sure I could give it a heck of try to try and drink both..but going to pass as we probably wouldn't make it the 26th :-)

So

Was looking to have a bottle for the room and saw they do not have any Captain.

Bacardi Oakheart seems to be the closest I would like being a spiced rum lover.

Anyone had it and like it?

Do the bars sell anything other then what is listed for instateroom Beverage bottle?

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-stateroom-beverages/liquor

We are in an aft Wrap on 7 so plan to spend most of our time in the Havana area and cabin, was hoping that bar had some other spiced rum stocked?

I am going to get the Bubbles package for my wife.. does that cover Milk shakes or just soda. juices?

If not pay as I go?

Also will order her some Non Alcoholic frozen drinks... I guess best way to pay for these is as I go?

Don't think any package covers these.

How is the bottled purified water.. ok?

Was going to order a few 12 packs of that.

Lastly for the ladies, should I do in cabin decorations and flowers?

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/703/deluxe-mixed-flower-bouquet

(My wife never liked roses thus the mixed bouquet )

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/NE0/happy-anniversary-stateroom-decor

Thank you.

I was able to find the below on Bottomless Bubbles (milkshakes and non-alcoholic frozen drinks are NOT covered)

The following beverages are offered through Bottomless Bubbles (flavors may vary):

• Soft Drinks/Soda: Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Spite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda and Ginger Ale
  • Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice and Grapefruit Juice

As for decorating the room and flowers, I personally think it is awesome and a super sweet thing to do, so I say yes. But only you know your wife and whether she would love it or not.

I do agree with your take on Cheers especially if you are the only one benefitting, for $800 total for two on a 7 day with only 1 using it, probably better to pay as you go. And that is coming from someone who always purchases the drink package.

I don't do this but I have read about others where they buy Carnival gift cards at a discount (i.e., a $50 value for $40) and then take them on board and load to their account, you may be able to do that and get an advantage.

I'm in the same situation where I'm questioning purchasing the Cheers! package for $950 (8 day cruise) for the wife and I. She too has a medical issue where she can have alcohol but very little maybe 2 drinks max. I don't see the Cheers! package as a "alcohol" package but a overall drink package because it includes every beverage served on the ship. Another thing that I find a a pro for purchasing the drink package is that I can try other drinks and if I don't care for them, I don't feel pressured to finish them since I'm paying out of pocket.

I'm going to buy the wife a Carnival hoodie since she always complains of being cold.

We like Oakheart and switch between it and Captain Morgan, although our favorite spiced rum is Sailor Jerry's. I am pretty sure they carry the Captain in the bars. We've purchased Oakheart for the cabin and it mixes well with either Sprite Zero or Orange soda (DW can't drink coca cola). DW doesn't drink water as a rule but likes the bottled water that CCL has. We usually take several with us on excursions. The milkshakes, specialty coffees and virgin frozen drinks are all covered by Cheers, but since they don't cost as much you'd have to drink more of them to justify the cost. There was a package I thought about getting for DW that had beach blankets, sun visor, bag and bottle of wine for about $80 because it would last longer than the decorations. I'll probably get that for our cruise on Pride that's coming up.

I think you can call Carnival to purchase Cheers and inform them about your wife's medical issues and then you can just purchase the package for yourself.

Hi

I am pretty sure they don't have any medical exemptions for the cheers program.

Finalizing some things and doing some cabin shopping for our upcoming May Cruise on the Vista.

Just realized for the Cheers program, Both parties have to purchase the program.

(I am sure I could give it a heck of try to try and drink both..but going to pass as we probably wouldn't make it the 26th :-)

So

Do the bars sell anything other then what is listed for instateroom Beverage bottle?

We are in an aft Wrap on 7 so plan to spend most of our time in the Havana area and cabin, was hoping that bar had some other spiced rum stocked?

I am going to get the Bubbles package for my wife.. does that cover Milk shakes or just soda. juices?

If not pay as I go?

Also will order her some Non Alcoholic frozen drinks... I guess best way to pay for these is as I go?

Thank you.

Happy Anniversary!

I like the flowers, but not the decorations. The bouquet is pretty and you can reuse the vase. I think I would be bumping into the decorations and find them annoying - though the thought is sweet. I'd probably use the $ on a specialty restaurant instead or something from a store (on board or in port).

I would also pay as you go for drinks, except maybe purchase cruise cash or have gift cards for roughly the amount you think you would spend so you aren't concerned with the cost of the drinks.

I thought you couldn't bring on or purchase on ship hard alcohol for use in your cabin. I was under the impression that the only alcohol you are allowed to carry on and have in your cabin is one bottle of wine per person. Has this changed?

I thought you couldn't bring on or purchase on ship hard alcohol for use in your cabin. I was under the impression that the only alcohol you are allowed to carry on and have in your cabin is one bottle of wine per person. Has this changed?

You are correct you CANNOT carryon alcohol (other than the wine).

OP and other are talking about ordering pre cruise a bottle to be sent to the room. You can also order a bottle thru room service. They are pricey but if you enjoy only a certain type of liquor than it saves over purchasing by the drink.

You can purchase alcohol through Bon Voyage pre-cruise or call and order it to bee delivered to your room once on the cruise.

Cheers might still be worth it if she drinks a lot of specialty drinks. I'm sure someone has a spreadsheet cost analysis around here.

Definite yes to some flowers and strawberries/ cake for the cabin. The decorations are fun but the chocolate covered strawberries are romantic. Decorating the door would be a nice touch.

The bottled water tastes fine.

That is correct, but you may purchase a bottle of liquor for you cabin through the Funshops if you want to pay the price for it.

So

If not pay as I go?

Thank you.

Congratulations!!! We celebrated our 25th annivesary on the Victory in August. My sister ordered the room decorations and a cake for us. We thought it was so special and took lots of pictures. It kept the celebration going to be able to walk in the room and see the decorations every time. She also had something different delivered to our room every single day so that made us anticipate each return to the cabin. Yeah I have an awesome sister!

If they will make an exception at all it would be onboard. You have nothing to lose by asking the Bar Manager for an exception and everything to gain.

it doesnt hurt to ask as you said but no one that I have ever heard has every gotten an exception. Pregnant, AA, doctors orders... nothing. so I would say there is no chance at all but it will never hurt to ask a question

Thanks all!

Much appreciated.

Sent out the Passports on Tuesday, my wife asked why I was getting hers renewed.

She knew mine was expired and I was heading on business trip in April to Bangkok, so I told her it only made sense to have them both done at the same time.....so we are not off schedule with each other.. she bought it..

So surprise is still going on!

As far as alcohol. I am just going to order a bottle for the cabin for me and pay as I go.

( I will check once onboard though for 1 package)

Strawberries are a must as well as chocolate cake thanks..plus I'll do the flowers...going to do away withe hanging decorations, Order a Hoodie, tote bag so she can have after the cruise.

Glad I saved for this...!

Thanks again.

Hi

I am pretty sure they don't have any medical exemptions for the cheers program.

That's the last thing I heard too, even for pregnant partners.......I can see both sides of it, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere but if someone can provide medical proof they are not drinking......