By The Seaside

sidari

Now some not so good news, just been to the Voyagers club info point and we were told that One month ago they watered down the Black card benefits of only 1 meal per cabin and not per card holder! the same goes for the chocolate strawberries! .

I wonder how many people with status on other cruise lines have now matched to Black and MSC is now realizing what they did and want to water down the benefits. We were looking forward to our two free dinners. I guess that we are now going to be eating an additional dinner in the Yacht Club.

MSC has to be careful with all of these sudden changes and increase in prices (as suggested by others). They are a fairly new cruise line in North America, and customers will gladly go back to the old cruise lines if the value is no longer there.

[quote name=jmele999;54821955

MSC has to be careful with all of these sudden changes and increase in prices (as suggested by others). They are a fairly new cruise line in North America' date=' and customers will gladly go back to the old cruise lines if the value is no longer there.[/quote]

Agree^^^^ Add another level, but don't water down the Black Card benefits so soon.

The evening buffet on 8 appears to work like a 3rd dining room, the buffet on 16 works like a standard buffet.

We also have priority boarding with being black card holders as well as through Aurea.

Now some not so good news, just been to the Voyagers club info point and we were told that One month ago they watered down the Black card benefits of only 1 meal per cabin and not per card holder! the same goes for the chocolate strawberries!

We received a glass paperweight last night with the ship inside it plus a Xmas card.

Thanks for all of the info and the updates! Hope you have a great time on board. :D

If you have a chance:

- Could you find out the cost (per day? / per week?) for the Top 19 Exclusive Solarium?

- Could you get a list of the Senior Staff onboard? Which ones came to the Meet & Greet?

Hi Sidari- what is your experience with the Aurea My Choice dining so far? I’m typically a traditional seating person but with MSC, we will have the Aurea My Choice. Is there a separate line and area in the dining room for it? Just trying to get a feel for how it works so we know ahead of time. Enjoy the Seaside and thanks for posting info and updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does a person get served in a buffet? Are you to walk around and see what food they have first, and then try to remember everything, and then someone comes to your table and asks you what you want? That has to be the most bizarre set up, of any buffet dining I've ever heard of.

I’m in an aft cabin in 12Days. I have a few questions for you...

1. pictures of the bathroom would be appreciated.

2. any hassle with with window washer? Does it obstruct your view much? 3. I’ve seen that the TV sits on the counter area. How is that? Can you see it from the couch/bed area ok?

4. Do the aft elevators stop on any floors other than 7 or 16 if you are staying in an aft suite?

Thank you so much. I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I’ve been enjoying all of your posts from the beginning.

The evening buffet on 8 appears to work like a 3rd dining room, the buffet on 16 works like a standard buffet.

We also have priority boarding with being black card holders as well as through Aurea.

Now some not so good news, just been to the Voyagers club info point and we were told that One month ago they watered down the Black card benefits of only 1 meal per cabin and not per card holder! the same goes for the chocolate strawberries!

We received a glass paperweight last night with the ship inside it plus a Xmas card.

Even if we booked when it was 1 meal per Black Card holder and Strawberries and prosecco per Black Card?

If Black Card benefits changed, they were not reflected on our voyage.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

And hope they are not reflected on our voyage in February! We have been booked for a year and the original benefits were quoted for us.

I'm getting a bad/sad feeling about this cruise line.... If this rumor turns out to be true....this will most likely be our last sailing with MSC. :(

And hope they are not reflected on our voyage in February! We have been booked for a year and the original benefits were quoted for us.

I'm getting a bad/sad feeling about this cruise line.... If this rumor turns out to be true....this will most likely be our last sailing with MSC. :(

I'm pretty sure you can expect one complimentary black card dinner per cabin, moving forward based upon what we have read so far. Cruise lines always have the right to change/modify/cancel benefits at any time, just like airlines.

Keep in mind cruise lines are always changing the past passengers benefits, adding tiers, taking away benefits, etc. I've had this happen numerous times on Princess, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, etc. It is what it is. I don't book cruises based on past pax benefits. I just see them as a nice perk but they don't make or break the trip. Personally I think Celebrity/Royal Caribbean have the best past pax benefits ... free drinks nightly for Diamond status and above. Hard to beat that for me.

My black card benefits on MSC are a freebie anyway. I certainly didn't earn black card status. It was matched from my Elite Princess status. So I really can't complain. I do feel bad for those that earned it the hard way.

Hi Dave ........ Hope you and Kerry are enjoying your time on-board Seaside. I've only just spotted your thread and haven't read it. I've come down with some bug on the ship so I won't get to read through it 'til I get a bit better. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure you can expect one complimentary black card dinner per cabin, moving forward based upon what we have read so far. Cruise lines always have the right to change/modify/cancel benefits at any time, just like airlines.

Keep in mind cruise lines are always changing the past passengers benefits, adding tiers, taking away benefits, etc. I've had this happen numerous times on Princess, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, etc. It is what it is. I don't book cruises based on past pax benefits. I just see them as a nice perk but they don't make or break the trip. Personally I think Celebrity/Royal Caribbean have the best past pax benefits ... free drinks nightly for Diamond status and above. Hard to beat that for me.

My black card benefits on MSC are a freebie anyway. I certainly didn't earn black card status. It was matched from my Elite Princess status. So I really can't complain. I do feel bad for those that earned it the hard way.

Benefits, past passenger perks, price, itinerary, ship are ALL reasons to book with a particular line. When I booked all of those were why I booked this cruise. The benefits of the Black card were stated on the website then and were still there last time I was able to look at them! Now, my entire reservation and all the extras purchased have gone POOF! All they show on the website is the Divina cruise from over a year ago.

And yes, if they change the benefits for those who "earned" Black, that would be really wrong, but also it is wrong for those who book MSC because of the status match as we did with our Diamond level from RCI.

I wonder how the folks who are leaving on their Seaside cruise shortly are feeling about not being able to even see their reservation online? And those who want to make final payment and are trying to figure out when it's due? Kind of a mess!

Hmmm, seems as though the "1 meal per cabin" for Black members has been in operation since July 2015 according to this

Bottom of page 3

I thought it was supposed to be per cabin and was surprised when it was per person when we were on Divina. I thought it was a mistake when onboard. Looks like they are just enforcing the old rules.

Hmmm, seems as though the "1 meal per cabin" for Black members has been in operation since July 2015 according to this

Bottom of page 3

yes, but i think the change is that it is 1 meal per black card member - NOT what is mentioned in your link:

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at aspeciality restaurant once during the cruise

this is what the bantering back and forth has been about, that they changed from 1-black card member dinner for 2 ...... to 1-black card member, dinner for 1....

yes, but i think the change is that it is 1 meal per black card member - NOT what is mentioned in your link:

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at aspeciality restaurant once during the cruise

this is what the bantering back and forth has been about, that they changed from 1-black card member dinner for 2 ...... to 1-black card member, dinner for 1....

I can see why there would be confusion, as that could be read two ways.

1) (as I read it) That the sentence "Members are entitled..... for 2..." is an elaboration on the previously mentioned "Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Meaning as long as someone in the cabin is Black status, the two of you get a dinner.

2) (not how I read it) It could be read as two separate, non connected sentences. This would lead you to think that you get three dinners. One per cabin and two per member.

The fact that MSC is a European line and that therefore their literature in English is clearly written by non native English speakers does seem to lead to confusion for many. They might want to hire some native speakers to write their literature for the US market. That said, I can't imagine being upset either way. Two free dinners seems a bit much for a status perk that is easily attained by many (mostly from other cruise lines.)

No they didn't. It is still dinner for two, but if two black members occupy one cabin, it is just one meal. If I'm traveling with a non-black member, their meal would be complementary. The very next sentence is "Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member."

No they didn't. It is still dinner for two' date=' but if two black members occupy one cabin, it is just one meal. If I'm traveling with a non-black member, their meal would be complementary. The very next sentence is "Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member."[/quote']

I stand corrected then - so if 2 black card members in cabin then just 1 dinner for 2 - not 2 dinners for 2???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bottom of page 3

This was not our experience. We were on the Divina for a B2B in Jan., 2017, and then again, for one week on Nov. 25, 2017.

My DH and I are both Black Card members. For each of the two weeks in Jan., we got one specialty dinner per member (and we could invite one other person to join us). Then, in Nov., we also got one specialty dinner per member (and we could invite one other person to join us). In each case, we invited each other as the 2nd person.

So, the first week in Jan., we went to two specialty restaurants, the second week in Jan., we went to two specialty restaurants, and during the week long cruise in Nov., we went to two specialty restaurants. We have cruised on the Divina for a total of three weeks, and we have eaten six (complimentary) meals in the specialty restaurants.

It was definitely one meal (for two) per Black Card member (not per cabin). Now it seems that they have changed this, at least on Seaside, per onboard reports.

This was not our experience. We were on the Divina for a B2B in Jan., 2017, and then again, for one week on Nov. 25, 2017.

My DH and I are both Black Card members. For each of the two weeks in Jan., we got one specialty dinner per member (and we could invite one other person to join us). Then, in Nov., we also got one specialty dinner per member (and we could invite one other person to join us). In each case, we invited each other as the 2nd person.

So, the first week in Jan., we went to two specialty restaurants, the second week in Jan., we went to two specialty restaurants, and during the week long cruise in Nov., we went to two specialty restaurants. We have cruised on the Divina for a total of three weeks, and we have eaten six (complimentary) meals in the specialty restaurants.

It was definitely one meal (for two) per Black Card member (not per cabin). Now it seems that they have changed this, at least on Seaside, per onboard reports.

They have not changed anything. The T&Cs which I have linked to have been in effect since 2015.

Anecdotally some have said it has been accepted as a 2 for 2 but I assume that it is just MSC incipience than anything else.

Show me a T&C that says it is per Black card member.