1/2 World Cruise... sort-of

R_Judy

Has anyone done a string of cruises with RC? Example Alaska cruise, than trans pacific to Sydney, next RC's 2 itineraries (ex south pacific then new zealand) all on board the same ship? same cabin? We are thinking about doing this and wondering if any of you have had this experience. How bad of a booking nightmare was it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Book early to make sure you get the same cabin. They are no more of a hassle than any other multi-leg trip. Turn around day in non-US ports are generally a breeze when compared to US ports.

While not 1/2 a world, we did Ensenada Mexico to Hawaii (leg 1) then Hawaii to Sydney (leg 2) same cabin. Great trip and would have stayed for the next one except timing didn't work out. Last summer did B3B in same cabin Northern Europe, Baltic, then the TA to Boston via Iceland.

Planning is the key.

In 2014 we did B2B2B [35N) on Rhapsody

- Alaska (Seattle-Vancouver)

- Hawaii (Vancouver-Honolulu)

- Honolulu-Sydney

same cabin all the way as arranged by our TA.

I know there were people who joined in Honolulu who stayed on ship for next cruise after Sydney (alas we had to get off in Sydney & go back to work).

I can't see any issue in doing what you propose - it is just $'s and time :D

Awesome thoughts. We will be doing this cruise to celebrate our retirement. I have always booked our cruises myself. How do you go about finding a good travel agent? I know tbe certifications and continuing education, as well as CLIA certified but word of mouth after that is really helpful. If anyone wants to share... RJudyA@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Has anyone done a string of cruises with RC? Example Alaska cruise, than trans pacific to Sydney, next RC's 2 itineraries (ex south pacific then new zealand) all on board the same ship? same cabin? We are thinking about doing this and wondering if any of you have had this experience. How bad of a booking nightmare was it? Any advice would be appreciated.

We did New Zealand followed by the transpacific to Seattle. Could have stayed on to Alaska but did not. Booking such things is not difficult just a little time consuming but a good travel agent should be able to take care of it. Although not a long distance trip, I have booked as many as 6 consecutive cruises in the same cabin. I have also done 2 in one cabin and then move to a different one for a couple weeks. Moving is pretty easy.

Yes, I did it.

A B6B on the Radiance earlier this year.

We flew to Sydney. Had a few days there. Boarded the Radiance on March 28 for a 13 night New Zealand cruise. (roundtrip Sydney)

Next up was an 8 night Queensland cruise on April 10. (roundtrip Sydney)

Then came the Transpacific, Sydney to Honolulu, 18 nights, embarking on April 18. Three stops in French Polynesia after a couple of stops in New Zealand.

Next leg was Honolulu to Vancouver, 12 nights, with 4 stops in Hawaii including two overnights, departing Honolulu on May 5.

We booked the same cabin for all four legs, but got an upgrade on the 4th leg.

I traveled with a friend for those four legs.

Then I capped this off with roundtrip Alaska. Radiance does one way trips, north and southbound. I stayed on for both, ending up in Vancouver. Had the same cabin for these two cruises.

Total nights at sea: 67.

The key to getting the same cabin is booking as soon as the cruises are released.

This was our second "cruise of a lifetime." Our first was the Mariner's Around the Horn cruise in 2009. 46 nights, Port Canaveral to Los Angeles, cruising around South America. That was 3 legs of 16 or 15 nights. We had the same cabin for that whole cruise.

The key to getting the same cabin is booking as soon as the cruises are released.

This was our second "cruise of a lifetime." Our first was the Mariner's Around the Horn cruise in 2009. 46 nights, Port Canaveral to Los Angeles, cruising around South America. That was 3 legs of 16 or 15 nights. We had the same cabin for that whole cruise.

Still very jealous about that one Carol.:)

Awesome thoughts. We will be doing this cruise to celebrate our retirement. I have always booked our cruises myself. How do you go about finding a good travel agent? I know tbe certifications and continuing education, as well as CLIA certified but word of mouth after that is really helpful. If anyone wants to share... RJudyA@gmail.com

I booked the whole thing myself.

No, I'm not an agent. Just a savvy traveler.

I blogged the whole thing on FB. If you want to see it all, drop me an email. Link in my signature, or this CC screen name, no underscore at aol dot com.

Not done this, but wouldn’t think it would be difficult....call RC, tell them what you want to do and ask for their best price. I’m sure you will get a discount since you are booking more than one cruise. Call the people you normally book through and get their best price. And, call a local travel agent to get their best price. Book with the best one. What am I missing? I do all our trip planning and book cruises (hotels, etc) with whoever gives us the best price or overall package if amenities other than price are a part of the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked the whole thing myself.

No, I'm not an agent. Just a savvy traveler.

I blogged the whole thing on FB. If you want to see it all, drop me an email. Link in my signature, or this CC screen name, no underscore at aol dot com.

Sent you an email. Very excited to see your blog!

Yes, I did it.

A B6B on the Radiance earlier this year.

We flew to Sydney. Had a few days there. Boarded the Radiance on March 28 for a 13 night New Zealand cruise. (roundtrip Sydney)

Next up was an 8 night Queensland cruise on April 10. (roundtrip Sydney)

Then came the Transpacific, Sydney to Honolulu, 18 nights, embarking on April 18. Three stops in French Polynesia after a couple of stops in New Zealand.

Next leg was Honolulu to Vancouver, 12 nights, with 4 stops in Hawaii including two overnights, departing Honolulu on May 5.

We booked the same cabin for all four legs, but got an upgrade on the 4th leg.

I traveled with a friend for those four legs.

Then I capped this off with roundtrip Alaska. Radiance does one way trips, north and southbound. I stayed on for both, ending up in Vancouver. Had the same cabin for these two cruises.

Total nights at sea: 67.

Holy Guacamole! B6b. That sounds so amazing. My limit is 60 days. I get an infusion of medication once a month and I can't imagine missing any more than one.