Does Princess offer discounts on specialty dining the first day on board?

Carlett

Does Princess offer discounts on their specialty restaurants the first day on board?

Celebrity offers discounts on the first day and we're wondering if we should pre-book Curtis Stone for an upcoming 4 day cruise on the Ruby or wait till we are on board. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Does Princess offer discounts on their specialty restaurants the first day on board?

Celebrity offers discounts on the first day and we're wondering if we should pre-book Curtis Stone for an upcoming 4 day cruise on the Ruby or wait till we are on board. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

I’ve seen them offered, but not every cruise. Now does that mean they weren’t offered or I just didn’t see them?

Never seen any discount or reduced price for any specialty restaurant on Princess. But then I haven’t paid any attention to the Curtis Stone restaurant as the Curtis Stone selections available in the Main dining room (no extra charge) were awful, at least to me. Food and taste is subjective, however. I just wouldn’t pay a dime for the Curtis Stone restaurant. You couldn’t pay me to go. [emoji20]

I can’t remember when, but we have in the past, purchased a specialty dining package at a substantial discount.

Enjoy your cruise.

You don't need to prebook SHARE as it is not all that popular and always has room. Last month they had SHARE discounted to $29/pax which brings its price down to what the GC charges normally. We took the bait and tried SHARE. The food was good but not great and not particularly to our liking.

I have never seen any discounts other than the one above.

I can’t remember when, but we have in the past, purchased a specialty dining package at a substantial discount.

Enjoy your cruise.

That woukd most likely have been Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. In 15+ years if sailing Princess several times a year, we've never come across a specialty dining package.

On Celebrity, we buy one almost every cruise, as they have so many more specialty dining options than Princess.

Never seen any discount or reduced price for any specialty restaurant on Princess. But then I haven’t paid any attention to the Curtis Stone restaurant as the Curtis Stone selections available in the Main dining room (no extra charge) were awful, at least to me. Food and taste is subjective, however. I just wouldn’t pay a dime for the Curtis Stone restaurant. You couldn’t pay me to go. [emoji20]

It was on the Ruby if I remember correctly and on our cruise was always empty. Read the menu once or twice and not stuff me or DW would want to have even if free.

Princess offers passengers sailing in suites the opportunity to dine at a specialty restaurant for free the first night. That's the way they fill the restaurants those nights.

We have tried and failed to dine in specialty on the first night due to an abundance of suite passengers who get it as a perk.

OP asked about an upcoming 4-day cruise. Princess only offers the complimentary specialty restaurant for suite passengers on cruises of 6 days or longer, so this comment does not apply for OP's cruise.

You would think that the Curtis Stone meals they serve in the DR would be absolutely great so as to entice people to spend some money to try the restaurant.