Specialty Restaurants First Night

Seavoyage

We always book a specialty restaurant for the first night. Can't stand the confusion in the dining room on that night.

Never have gotten a free bottle of house wine. But many, many years ago we use to get the Pinnacle Grill for 1/2 price. That offer is long gone.

Agree 100%. First night confusion in MDR delays things. If we have fixed dining, we still go to the MDR for the first night, to meet our tablemates. If Open dining, we often go to one of the specialty dining options.

I have read a few recent reports that there have been offers on board to book Tamarind first night for 25% off. There have been cards on the tables in Lido with the offer. I don't know if this extends to all restaurants or all sailings. Perhaps they just offer this when/where there's availability? I won't count on this being offered, and it isn't offered in advance, just on board.

We have Tamarind booked for the first night, the last night, and one in between for the first leg of our cruise, :D then the Pinnacle for the first night of the second leg, with friends. I have a feeling that, on the second leg, we will eat most evenings in a specialty restaurant. I don't think we got any discounts. We should get our 5-star benefit once we have the dinners.

Yes, we were offered 25% off any specialty restaurant on the Koningsdam the first night on our recent cruise. I guess it depends on availability. Definitely a great deal! We loved Tamarind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you know if they still give the mariner discount on top of this offer?

Is it only bookable on board?

Sorry, I really don't know about the Mariner discount part. I'm only 2 Star, so that's not something I have experience with.

I'm pretty sure you'll only get the discount if you don't pre-pay it. On board, when you pay, they charge you the full amount, but the 25% is discounted later. You have to check your account to make sure they credited it correctly.

I was on the Eurodam Decc. 10-17 and they were offering 25% off on all specialty dining the first night. They were advertising it heavily with tent cards on every table in Lido. I took advantage of it for a great dinner in Tamarind (I had checked out the MDR menu and was underwhelmed). There was availability for almost any time I wanted so I wouldn't worry about pre-reserving. Food and service was outstanding as usual. Great way for a foodie to start a cruise!

I don't know if additional Mariner discounts apply. This was my last cruise as a 2 star - I'm looking forward to the 25% discount any day on my future cruises!