Bermuda cruise in May, weather?

Threedox

We are planning to cruise from NYC to Bermuda in May (7 nights). Can anyone tell me what the temperatures will be like--at sea and in Bermuda? Our preference would be to go in early May but I'm wondering if it will be on the cool side. Any other info/tips about this trip on Celebrity Summit would also be appreciated. We're looking at a Veranda balcony room/concierge class. Any recommendations for deck/location? Thanks in advance.

We are planning to cruise from NYC to Bermuda in May (7 nights). Can anyone tell me what the temperatures will be like--at sea and in Bermuda? Our preference would be to go in early May but I'm wondering if it will be on the cool side. Any other info/tips about this trip on Celebrity Summit would also be appreciated. We're looking at a Veranda balcony room/concierge class. Any recommendations for deck/location? Thanks in advance.

The air temperature will be in the 70's. The water temperature on the chilly side. I could not swim in May but some can. Local Bermudians don't consider beach weather to begin until their Bermuda Day holiday on May 24. Sea days, coolish on the decks in May. I hardly used my balcony.

Celebrity does not have ANY June cruises, which would have been our preference. So we chose May, but the last sailing of the month (the 19th)...it won't be frigid in Bermuda, and we could get lucky with beach weather, but it's the perfect time to be in New York. So on balance it seemed like a good time.

We've been on the Summit to Bermuda twice. Once NYC to Bermuda in 2012, late June and this year late April, as a repositioning cruise San Juan to NYC via Bermuda. We had great weather in Bermuda this year but we did not use the beaches. The weather was great to see all the sights, ride the ferries and buses & to shop. The Summit is very nice, not too big and we love the adult only indoor pool! You'll have a great time!

We went on a cruise Memorial Day weekend several years ago and it was definitely cool. The trip there and back it was chilly. While there, we were great on the weather. Just expect to have a towel as a blanket if you are on the pool deck while sailing.

Celebrity does not have ANY June cruises, which would have been our preference. So we chose May, but the last sailing of the month (the 19th)...it won't be frigid in Bermuda, and we could get lucky with beach weather, but it's the perfect time to be in New York. So on balance it seemed like a good time.

Celebrity does have cruises in Jun, I’m scheduled to board on 10 Jun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not that warm.

Much better to do later in May, water temps and air temps are usually warmer in both NJ and Bermuda. Very few children on the cruises until about mid to late June

We have done the last week in May cruise (Memorial Day) 3 years in a row, 2014, 2015, and 2016 and it rained every year. I am not sure why but we had terrible weather. One of those years it was 3 straight days of gale force winds and on and off pouring rain. Maybe it was just my bad luck.

In 2017 we went in July. It was hot and sunny. So that's just our experience. YMMV.

We have sailed on the Summit four years in a row to Bermuda in August. Yes, it was hot, but excellent beach weather- no problems sightseeing in air conditioned cabs. Shopping in Hamilton also no problem. We took the ferry over. No rain either and comfortable on the ship. Down side too many kids.