Anyone on BA in Winter Storm Grayson off Carolinas?

SailBreakaway

What? You don't carry an inclinometer with you?:p

Or a protractor and a plumb line?:)

There's probably some app on your smartphone that could measure it....:D

Free App, doesn't everyone have it!:D

... one time we took Amtrak for a six hour trip we were 4 hours late....due to rain.
Yulp ... Good (sunny but chilly) morning, dexddd & HNY 2018 to you and yours.

At least, Amtrak & regional trains are running this morning while roads remained dangerous to drive & navigate ... one of our cousins on the Empire services coming downstate from Albany, NY earlier this week - an usual 3 hour trip, took 8.5 hours (temporary suspended due to frozen switches) ... as they didn't want to drive.

Breakaway on Marinetraffic dot com - she's now "visible" on AIS tracking, going just under 11 knots - heading home toward NY, off the coast of NJ, passed Atlantic City area in the last hour, south of Barnaget Beach ... a good 5 to 6 hours away at that speed.

Shipcam viewable - sea state is still a bit rough with white caps, I am guessing 10' to 12' maybe as much as 15' waves at times.

To all those onboard, welcome home - it is 10 degree F in NY, wind chill is like minus 7 degree, continuing to plunge. Both JFK and LGA are now up & running - in full recovery mode, some might not get on a new flight until tomorrow ... patience.

< Be nice to the crew, blame mother nature >

Just been the biggest headache I've had outta all cruises.

Weather sucks but it is what it is.

Still away for 13 days better than

just can't afford a big schedule change again

This is nothing. We sailed out of Bayonne directly into Hurricane Sandy. When we returned, our car was totaled from storm surge flooding.

Safety first. I'm not going to worry about things I can't control.

Yulp ... Good (sunny but chilly) morning, dexddd & HNY 2018 to you and yours.

At least, Amtrak & regional trains are running this morning while roads remained dangerous to drive & navigate ... one of our cousins on the Empire services coming downstate from Albany, NY earlier this week - an usual 3 hour trip, took 8.5 hours (temporary suspended due to frozen switches) ... as they didn't want to drive.

Breakaway on Marinetraffic dot com - she's now "visible" on AIS tracking, going just under 11 knots - heading home toward NY, off the coast of NJ, passed Atlantic City area in the last hour, south of Barnaget Beach ... a good 5 to 6 hours away at that speed.

Shipcam viewable - sea state is still a bit rough with white caps, I am guessing 10' to 12' maybe as much as 15' waves at times.

To all those onboard, welcome home - it is 10 degree F in NY, wind chill is like minus 7 degree, continuing to plunge. Both JFK and LGA are now up & running - in full recovery mode, some might not get on a new flight until tomorrow ... patience.

< Be nice to the crew, blame mother nature >

I'm not quite sure where your Amtrak information came from of if you are just looking at trains arriving to NYC from the south, but I just walked through south station here in Boston and although all our commuter rails are running (some with delays), every single Amtrak train (arriving and departing) is cancelled for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not quite sure where ...here in Boston and although all our commuter rails are running (some with delays), every single Amtrak train (arriving and departing) is cancelled for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was just looking at Amtrak & regional commuter trains coming into/out of NY Penn - from Wash's Union Station & Albany, NY ... operational, with delays & some cancellation, as can be expected with the "bombogenesis" Sorry, wasn't looking at Boston/NE services - which is one of the worst route. Being close to on-time, that's another story in itself.

With the arctic freeze & temperature continuing to plunge, one can expect more trouble ahead - regardless of one's mode and choice of transportation.

Looks like the Breakaway is "doing donuts" on the AIS....can't figure it out...just waiting for sequence to board pilot?

Never saw that before....:confused:

Odd. Could be waiting for a time slot and is just maintaining speed to keep the ship steady in the water.

bosco

Looks like the Breakaway is "doing donuts" on the AIS....can't figure it out...just waiting for sequence to board pilot?

Never saw that before....:confused:

Maybe they are waiting for a ice breaker to clear some ice from the river?. The US guard posted this video of them clearing the Hudson River:

It has been an interesting NYECRUISE on the Breakaway- full capacity- some flooded rooms , majorly high seas since we left Nassau- coco was cancelled. Made the most of it with froends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And nothing on the Port Cam either...I do believe further north there is ice

I was just going to say, the NYPortcam was out of service, but....hey...it's back!!!!:cool:

Thanks for mentioning it, or I'd have never known....:)

It has been an interesting NYECRUISE on the Breakaway- full capacity- some flooded rooms , majorly high seas since we left Nassau- coco was cancelled. Made the most of it with froends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back!:)