What is the appeal of booking a Jr Suite

yuvraj

I look at the difference in cost between the balcony and the JS. If it is $700 then that's a better deal. I've been seeing $2500 difference between a balcony and a JS on some ships and for that, I can do TWO cruises in a balcony and double the cruise. Older ships will offer a better deal on the JS vs ships like the Anthem.

I’m currently monitoring our Oasis cruise for an upgrade to see if prices come down on JS. I would love to get a JS at a close price to my D2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked very early for my 12/2 Oasis JS. Those cabins have been sold out for weeks now. Hoping to upgrade to GS if prices come down, which could happen if they want to open the JS cabins for booking again on that cruise.

So far, for every sailing, we have been able to snag a JS close to our sail date. We book balcony rooms at least 6 months to a year in advance and watch prices. We’ve been able to get a JS at a price very close to our balcony price, usually only $100 difference, and sometimes it is a price less than we paid for the balcony. The double points is a big bonus for us. The larger room and full shower are great too.

This is what we did. I am not sure we will be able to do it again, but getting a JS for the price of our balcony and a OBC refund was well worth the 15 minute call I made.

This is what we did. I am not sure we will be able to do it again, but getting a JS for the price of our balcony and a OBC refund was well worth the 15 minute call I made.

The price of our upcoming cruise on Jewel on Sunday dropped drastically. A GS cabin was going for 900.00 less than what I paid for my JS before final payment!! :eek: Naturally I upgraded to the GS...but of course no money back. Win some..lose some, but always pays to keep checking. Also was awarded an additional 100 OBC. ;)

Bob what is the reason you dislike D Cabins on Oasis Class. We had generally booked D's on Radiance & Freedom Class ship but more recently JS Cabins especially when our daughter joined us. We liked the extra room and larger closets was our main reason for going with a JS and the price difference between that & a D Category wasn't that much.

Gay

Bob what is the reason you dislike D Cabins on Oasis Class. We had generally booked D's on Radiance & Freedom Class ship but more recently JS Cabins especially when our daughter joined us. We liked the extra room and larger closets was our main reason for going with a JS and the price difference between that & a D Category wasn't that much.

Gay

I am not Bob...but IMHO I feel the D cabins seem much smaller on Oasis than other older ships.

I can never find cruises with that small of a difference between .a balcony and JS

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Check out the Vision Cruises out of Galveston. Only 5 days, and not the same perks as the newer ships, but less than $100 up charge for 50% more indoor and outdoor space for the week. The double points were relevant for us too as it pushes us to [emoji184].

Gay

My complaints about the "D" category staterooms are based on Oasis/Allure experiences, not Harmony.

Sliding closet doors instead of doors that swing open, so less convenient when two people are accessing the closet. Safe in the closet, so more reason to be sliding the doors. To top off the whole closet thing, when the main bed is near the closet, two people have very little room there.

No center drawer in the desk for pens and paper. Drawers on only one side of the desk, so less storage. No drawers in the nightstands (same thing on the JS).

Just some minor annoyances, but disappointing that they took a step backwards (obviously my biased view) from the stateroom design on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom.

They did put a metal foot bar in the shower, so that's one improvement.:)

Bob, only the Family Junior Suites on Quantum have the 2 toilets. You give up the walk-in shower with a FJS.

The Spa JS does not. It has 2 bathrooms, but only 1 toilet with the other bath having the walk-in shower.

OK, thanks for un-mixing me up.

Happy New Year to you and Jim.

Did the JS prices jump after they created the Royal Suite class? It seems to me that they did

They seem to be higher since May 2014, but that also applies to JS staterooms that are on ships without the Royal Suite Class.

I can only speak for myself of course. The Spa JS on Anthem is a beautiful, large, comfortable stateroom, with tons of storage space, a nice sitting area, a large balcony, and a terrific stall shower. (Separate toilet and sink in another bathroom; not a necessity, but very nice.) Located on the straight part of the hump, so nice views, and very near the elevators, so a very convenient location. And on Anthem, getting to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen is a huge plus, imho.

We like to be comfortable on vacation, and standard cabins are TIGHT! A JS is most like a hotel room, with plenty of floor space, a larger bathroom than a standard cabin and on most ships, a lovely walk-in closet! Because the JS is wider than a standard cabin, so is the balcony. It's just a comfortable way to cruise!

This is exactly why we book a JS over the standard balcony cabin plus the double points. It's not a vacation if we are crammed into a cabin and have a small balcony.

Did the JS prices jump after they created the Royal Suite class? It seems to me that they did

What I noticed is in comparison...though I would actually have to do a head count to be sure....but it seems on a percentage basis that there are fewer JS cabins on Oasis class than other older ships. They seem to sell out first over all other cats.

Could be supply and demand?

This is exactly why we book a JS over the standard balcony cabin plus the double points. It's not a vacation if we are crammed into a cabin and have a small balcony.

Yeah, we wanted to fit in one more cruise on MJ before the end of the year, but booked late and all JS cabins were already gone. Drats...which also means no balcony. Oh well....tiny cabin here we come. :o

I see a lot of posts on CC regarding booking a Jr suite.

What would encourage you to book a Jr Suite? Double points, larger room or the restricted access to CK. For me none of these would warrant paying a premium over a balcony.

So I am genuinely curious. What would persuade you to pay a premium for a Jr suite over a balcony?

For a few hundred dollars IMO well worth the upgrade. You have a much larger cabin- you can walk around without hitting the bed or furniture- the closet is wonderful! Plenty of Storage. We aren't large people, but enjoy the space. The dinner at CK is also worth the premium.

If you cannot afford a grand suite and want some suite perks- best to consider a Jr. suite. Bottom line- whatever you can afford and works for you. Some people can afford an inside cabin and make it work for them.

Booked a Junior Spa guarantee suite on Anthem next month for the same price as a balcony. Trip is next month.

I just called now and upgraded from a balcony to JS for only $55 total for room, 7 day cruise. Also gained $250 OBC. Trip is in June.

Easy way to have double points and the extra small perks will be appreciated. :-)

Yeah, we wanted to fit in one more cruise on MJ before the end of the year, but booked late and all JS cabins were already gone. Drats...which also means no balcony. Oh well....tiny cabin here we come. :o

Since we are cruising MJ with you in a JS you are welcome to come visit us and sit on our balcony. We have GS on MJ for our April cruise.

Grace

Since we are cruising MJ with you in a JS you are welcome to come visit us and sit on our balcony. We have GS on MJ for our April cruise.

Grace

Thanks...that's very sweet! Looking forward to cocktails with you in the VCL.:cool:

Will be quite the drastic change from the GS we will be in on Jewel on Sunday and the SO we will be in on the 19th. :o Mixing it up a bit I guess. ;)

I see a lot of posts on CC regarding booking a Jr suite.

What would encourage you to book a Jr Suite? Double points, larger room or the restricted access to CK. For me none of these would warrant paying a premium over a balcony.

So I am genuinely curious. What would persuade you to pay a premium for a Jr suite over a balcony?

I haven't read all your replies, but on a few occasions we have booked a balcony room ahead of time at a price we were happy with and several hundred days later the price of the JS was the same or less. We have done that twice.