Disney World excursion transportation

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Disney World excursion that RC offers from Port Carneval? What do they transport you on? Is it a car? Van? Bus. I will have my 2 littles with me (4 and 2), and need to figure out the carseat situation. Any advice?? Thanks!!:)

Bus...but you really don't have enough time to make it worth the money. The trip is about 1 hour each direction...and it's another 30 mins to actually GET INTO the park. Disney is best done over several days via a land-based vacation.

Bus. Would not recommend as part of a cruise, unless it is a once in a lifetime chance.

Disney is most definitely best done as part of a well-planned vacation. Visited recently and would advise definitely staying on property for a vacation. Have been going to Disney since the 70s. It's so big, and getting bigger. We had a great time, but had a meal plan with all meals pre booked and also pre booked fast passes for favorite rides. Lines were up to 2 hours long for some attractions. Food lines were also long. Much more security, which I agree with and understand, but adds to lines. You would also need a stroller - either take or rent.

Just my two cents worth!

Bus...but you really don't have enough time to make it worth the money. The trip is about 1 hour each direction...and it's another 30 mins to actually GET INTO the park. Disney is best done over several days via a land-based vacation.

Ditto. As an Orlando native and Disney passholder- the time and money spent getting to/from the park for the 4ish hours you might get to spend there isn't worth it. I'd recommend doing Disney pre or post-cruise. For PC excursions, KSC would be a better option. They offer activities for young children and the drive time to and from there is much shorter. Legoland might also be a good option for young kids (further than KSC, closer than Disney), but don't know if RCI offers excursions there yet.

Thank you everyone for the quick and honest advice! I'e never been to DW myself, and DH hasn' since he was a child. I have no idea what to expect. We are going to do a full Disney trip when the kids are a bit older, so I figured this would be a nice intro. My babies wouldn't tolerate more then 4 or 5 hours anyway. a price was 38 per person, 31 on sale. How much is it usually to get into the park?

Which park would you visit? How long is the ship docked the day you are visiting?

We’ve done Disney World as a port excursion and really enjoyed it. In fact, we’re planning to do it again later this month. The key is setting expectations. As the other noted, you can’t get the FULL Disney experience, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a great time and feel like you got your money’s worth.

We did Epcot the first time and are doing Epcot again this time because it’s our favorite park. We briefly considered doing Magic Kingdom, but decided against it because we worried that we’d feel compelled to try to do everything, and we couldn’t do that in a one day visit. Plus there’s a special event going on in Epcot when we are there.

I suspect the smaller parks are more conducive to an excursion day than Magic Kingdom, but that’s just my opinion. But if you were set on MK, I think you could have a great time if you decided ahead of time that you were only going to do certain parts. Since you have little ones, you could go through Main Street and Fantasy land (including that Dumbo circus area) and *possibly* tomorrow land if there is time, and call it a day. That’s half the park and your kids wouldn’t even notice that you skipped the other half. Along the same lines, personally, I wouldn’t bother with a park hopper ticket because, again, it’s probably too much for a quick visit even if you were visiting two smaller parks.

When we go later this month we are renting a car rather than dealing with the RC excursion. We want the flexibility of driving straight to park (the RC transport takes you to MK and we’d have to monorail to Epcot), and the ability to leave when we want (the RC transport gets you back to port by 5, but our ship doesn’t leave until 9 pm). Also, the cost of renting a car was pretty close to the cost of two adults on the RC transport.

Park tickets vary based on which park you want to visit and the day. Visit the Disney world website and put in your day. It will give you the costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad you had a good time. We are in Port 12 to 9. I was thinking Magic Kingdom. My daughter is obsessed with all things Princess and Star Wars. Honestly I have not conduct research yet, but inwas told MK is where I should go for that stuff. Like I said, I've never been. My DD wants to see Cinderella's Castle in the worst way. :D

Which park would you visit? How long is the ship docked the day you are visiting?

We’ve done Disney World as a port excursion and really enjoyed it. In fact, we’re planning to do it again later this month. The key is setting expectations. As the other noted, you can’t get the FULL Disney experience, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a great time and feel like you got your money’s worth.

We did Epcot the first time and are doing Epcot again this time because it’s our favorite park. We briefly considered doing Magic Kingdom, but decided against it because we worried that we’d feel compelled to try to do everything, and we couldn’t do that in a one day visit. Plus there’s a special event going on in Epcot when we are there.

I suspect the smaller parks are more conducive to an excursion day than Magic Kingdom, but that’s just my opinion. But if you were set on MK, I think you could have a great time if you decided ahead of time that you were only going to do certain parts. Since you have little ones, you could go through Main Street and Fantasy land (including that Dumbo circus area) and *possibly* tomorrow land if there is time, and call it a day. That’s half the park and your kids wouldn’t even notice that you skipped the other half. Along the same lines, personally, I wouldn’t bother with a park hopper ticket because, again, it’s probably too much for a quick visit even if you were visiting two smaller parks.

When we go later this month we are renting a car rather than dealing with the RC excursion. We want the flexibility of driving straight to park (the RC transport takes you to MK and we’d have to monorail to Epcot), and the ability to leave when we want (the RC transport gets you back to port by 5, but our ship doesn’t leave until 9 pm). Also, the cost of renting a car was pretty close to the cost of two adults on the RC transport.

Park tickets vary based on which park you want to visit and the day. Visit the Disney world website and put in your day. It will give you the costs.

Thank you everyone for the quick and honest advice! I'e never been to DW myself, and DH hasn' since he was a child. I have no idea what to expect. We are going to do a full Disney trip when the kids are a bit older, so I figured this would be a nice intro. My babies wouldn't tolerate more then 4 or 5 hours anyway. a price was 38 per person, 31 on sale. How much is it usually to get into the park?

There are so many prices based on which park you plan to visit. Sounds like the $31 is for the bus. You would still have to buy a park ticket - probably around $75 minimum per adult. I think child's price is ages 3-9; youngest might be no charge. If you decide to go ahead make sure you buy tickets ahead of time - one less line to join at the park.

I'm glad you had a good time. We are in Port 12 to 9. I was thinking Magic Kingdom. My daughter is obsessed with all things Princess and Star Wars. Honestly I have not conduct research yet, but inwas told MK is where I should go for that stuff. Like I said, I've never been. My DD wants to see Cinderella's Castle in the worst way. :D

MK is great for Princesses and the castle, but be warned there isn’t much to the castle - it’s kind of just a building. There is a shop where they do the Princess makeovers, and there is an expensive restaurant with impossible to get reservations, but that’s about it.

No Star Wars at MK. For that, you would want to go to Hollywood Studios.

There are lots of princess character greeting opportunities at Epcot too, but that will be a better visit when they are a little older. After reading your second post, I’d suggest sticking with Fantasy Land at MK and not even trying to do the rest. I’d go up main street, through the castle, and stay in Fantasy land until it was time to leave.

We will be there 2md week in August, which I imagine would be a busy time as kids are getting ready to head back to school.

As an Orlando resident and an Annual Pass Holder, I'd suggest skipping it and waiting for your Disney only vacation, unless your heart is super set on it. August is some of our hottest weather. Also going in the afternoon you're pretty much guaranteed a thunderstorm. If you do go, make sure you bring and drink lots of water. I have seen many tourists succumb to heat exhaustion in the parks because they weren't prepared for just how hot and humid it is here. My wife and I get the Florida resident passes that are blacked out during the summer because of the crowds and the heat, but we're spoiled with being able to go pretty much whenever the mood strikes. Whichever you chose, I hope you have a great time and an amazing cruise!

There are so many prices based on which park you plan to visit. Sounds like the $31 is for the bus. You would still have to buy a park ticket - probably around $75 minimum per adult. I think child's price is ages 3-9; youngest might be no charge. If you decide to go ahead make sure you buy tickets ahead of time - one less line to join at the park.

They've raised their prices again this year. During the summer a child's MK ticket is $109 each and the adult tickets are $115 each plus tax, the other parks are less. The youngest is still free though.

We will be there 2md week in August, which I imagine would be a busy time as kids are getting ready to head back to school.

Ohh. August in the afternoon is going to be tough, and expensive. You are probably looking at $110 for the kids (over 3) and $115-ish for the adults and it will be really hot and rainy. Under those conditions I might suggest doing something else that day.

Omg you are right.. it is the transportation only. Not sure how I didn't see that. I' glad I asked. Thank you so much! 100 for the day is crazy. I thought Great Adventure was a lot. lol. Thanks so much again everyone! :) I really appreciate the input.

try over $100 for a MK one day ticket. the other parks are only slightly less.

quite frankly, this is a wasted excursion. by the time you get through Guest services to buy your tickets and get IN to the park, you have already lost 2-3 hour minimum of the total excursion time and you must factor in having to be back at the bus before it is due to leave( and it won't wait for you) for the hour long drive back. toss in not being able to get fast passes until you arrive, and the entire day may be spent in lines with only getting on a scant few rides.

The RC transport gets you back early, maybe to account for road conditions/accidents? Leaving at your own time much later may be risky? I don't know, how is that Hwy, is it like the BQE(I assume you are from Bklyn)?

The RC transport gets you back early, maybe to account for road conditions/accidents? Leaving at your own time much later may be risky? I don't know, how is that Hwy, is it like the BQE(I assume you are from Bklyn)?

The drive is supposed to be an hour, but I’ve seen suggestions to allow for an hour and a half. I plan to leave the park by 6:00, which should get me back to the ship by 7:30 or 8 at the latest for a 9:00 departure. I just didn’t want to be forced to leave at 3:30 in the afternoon. Even if we decide to leave the park at 5 we’ve given ourselves extra time by driving.

Oh, and I’m from DC.. my screen name is my name with all the vowels removed.

-Brooke

:cool:Ok so what else is fun to do in Orlando? I'm a total newbie.

The cruise line says you are going to Orlando, but you are really going to Port Canaveral, which is about an hour from Port Canaveral. Many people head to Cocoa Beach or Kennedy Space Center for the day, both of which are closer than anything in Orlando. With your little ones, you might consider the Brevard Zoo, which some recommend for the younger set.

We usually rent a car and go visit family. Renting a car for the day might be a good choice for you so you can control your own destiny.

:cool:Ok so what else is fun to do in Orlando? I'm a total newbie.

Sea World is an option, but you still have the long drive and admission price.

Instead of driving to Orlando, I'd consider something closer, like Kennedy Space Center. There are excursions available that include both transportation and admission, and you're looking at around a 30 minute drive, so more time to spend at the center.

try over $100 for a MK one day ticket. the other parks are only slightly less.

quite frankly, this is a wasted excursion. by the time you get through Guest services to buy your tickets and get IN to the park, you have already lost 2-3 hour minimum of the total excursion time and you must factor in having to be back at the bus before it is due to leave( and it won't wait for you) for the hour long drive back. toss in not being able to get fast passes until you arrive, and the entire day may be spent in lines with only getting on a scant few rides.

You can buy the tickets ahead of time and make fast passes, but I’d never spend that much money to take two little ones to WDW on an August afternoon, and I know how to do the parks with strategies.

We visited KSC last Sunday and, personally, I would not recommend it for a 2 year old or a 4 year old. We spent about 6 hours there with our 12 year old grandson and I saw quite a few restless, whiny toddlers. I was grateful we did not bring our younger grandkids. Admission is cheaper than DW but still a little pricey, $50 per adult plus $25 extra per person if you want to do the bus tour which is a highlight.

For young children, I would recommend the Brevard Zoo. It’s a nice,small zoo and easily walkable if you don’t have a stroller. You would need to rent a car or maybe Uber there.

There’s always just a beach day at cocoa or jetty Park! :)

Sherri:)

I also give it a thumbs down, better saved for a whole inclusive vacation. To much to do, a LOT of wait time for everything, EXTREMELY expensive, IF you want a meal, your only options would be a snack walk up. Traffic. Find something to do nearer the port, less stressful and less expensive.