OTS: does soda package stretch to non fizzy?

My kid doesn't drink fizzy, i have bought a soda package and i just wanted to know if it has a flavoured water or similar option.. like is it a pour your own soda machine like you may find in family style restaurants?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic! It depends on the ship. Some ships have flavored waters that are available to all at the windjammer and serving stations, no charge. Other ships have Freestyle machines like the pour your own soda machines. Other ships don't seem to have either one, and fizzy might be your only option. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! It depends on the ship. Some ships have flavored waters that are available to all at the windjammer and serving stations, no charge. Other ships have Freestyle machines like the pour your own soda machines. Other ships don't seem to have either one, and fizzy might be your only option. :)

Thanks for that..might give RCI a call as i might upgrade my drinks package too

My kid doesn't drink fizzy, i have bought a soda package and i just wanted to know if it has a flavoured water or similar option.. like is it a pour your own soda machine like you may find in family style restaurants?

Thanks in advance

You may not need a soda package at all. Lemonade, iced tea and usually flavored waters are available free in the windjammer.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to CC

We might be able to be more specific if you let us know what ship you will be cruising. Only certain ships have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines

dp

EDIT: Ah... was wondering how MM had figured out what ship... just noticed the OTS in the thread title...

Edited by dpostman

Thanks in advance

Since you will be sailing on the Oasis, you will have access to the freestyle machines with a soda package.

100-drink-choices.jpg?w=1024

Since you will be sailing on the Oasis, you will have access to the freestyle machines with a soda package.

100-drink-choices.jpg?w=1024

There are only a few freestyle machines on Oasis. If you're at the pool, you have to go up one floor to the Windjammer. I was disappointed on our November Oasis cruise at how often the machines were not working and/or out of certain beverages. I had the package for free (I was in a BW balcony), or I would have asked for my money back. I only drink Minute Maid Diet Lemonade, and it was just too much of a hassle to carry the cup and then be disappointed. YMMV

Thanks in advance

You may find you don't need a package. Included with your cruise fare at no additional cost are tap water, juice at breakfast (not fresh squeezed), coffee (not specialty), hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, lemonade/punch, flavored water. You might want to consider taking your own Crystal Light packages (or something similar) to add to water. You can take your own mug/water bottle. You just need to make sure you fill with a glass and don't put your cup/bottle to the sprocket.

Welcome to CC.

There are only a few freestyle machines on Oasis. If you're at the pool, you have to go up one floor to the Windjammer. I was disappointed on our November Oasis cruise at how often the machines were not working and/or out of certain beverages. I had the package for free (I was in a BW balcony), or I would have asked for my money back. I only drink Minute Maid Diet Lemonade, and it was just too much of a hassle to carry the cup and then be disappointed. YMMV

If that's all you drink, just bring Crystal Light or Mio and add to a glass of ice water that you can get anywhere. Why pay for a soda package?

If that's all you drink, just bring Crystal Light or Mio and add to a glass of ice water that you can get anywhere. Why pay for a soda package?

Mio is a great suggestion. That is what several of the teen girls that were in our group on our last cruise were using and worked out great. Crystal Light I assume would workout just as good.

MIO_GROUP.jpg

Oasis had one on the pool deck in the arcade when we sailed on Oasis, we used that machine many times. Have they removed it?

Oasis had one on the pool deck in the arcade when we sailed on Oasis, we used that machine many times. Have they removed it?

It is still in the arcade. Used that one frequently in early December