RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Very well put.

We are members of several different cruise line past passenger programs. We had cruised with most of the other lines before our first Royal cruise. None of them had too much in the way of benefits in the old days. I believe it was about 1998 when Royal came out with the beginnings of their C&A program. Giving Diamonds access to the CL's was a big step above anyone else's programs. As we all know the program was such a success it overwhelmed the facilities. In hindsight they obviously set the bar too low. It is difficult when benefits get reduced but they may not have much choice. Even with some cut backs it is still overall the best program out there.

We are well on our way to Pinnacle and have very much enjoyed the ride. We will continue to sail with RCL but because of their limited routes will probably be branching out again.

You think it might be better if 1400 was the Pinnacle, 700 D+, and Diamond 175? Expand Emerald 80-175. Platinum from current base to 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the CL is getting into a Sl. That means D+ is worth very little more than D.

Balcony discount isn't much more. A bag of laundry and a day extra WiFi.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Well Diamond lost the CL it had at one time. Shoot I remember when being a Diamond you were first off the ship and got to sit down with the Captain, Chief Engineer, Doctor and Cruise Director...

I'll be emerald after upcoming cruise and have been hell bent on getting to Diamond. But the more I think about it, really.. whats the point? The drinks are a great benefit but I always buy the drink package so that negates any benefit there. I once ducked a rope (on accident?) and boarded with the Diamond +'s and that was pretty sweet. Still I think we boarded after the suite guests.

So I don't mean this in a negative way, I do want to get to Diamond, but what makes this level so special for people? From what I see priority boarding and free drinks. But if you're boarding after Suite guests and buying the drink package, is it just a status thing? More pull at guest services?

Really just curious..

I think the real perk is having access to a concierge without having to book a suite. As long as you don't go during the evening happy hour, the Diamond Lounge is a nice getaway, since children are discouraged. On a ship like Oasis, boarding before most of the passengers is a good perk, and early departure is a blessing! But for day to day problems and reservations, a good concierge can make a good cruise great.

If the CL is getting into a Sl. That means D+ is worth very little more than D.

Balcony discount isn't much more. A bag of laundry and a day extra WiFi.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Even though i prefer the DL on some ships the CL is better located and it was nice to have a choice.

On some ships like Freedom the DL was far better located than the CL so we went into the CL only for a coffee and to get hot chocolate satchets to take back to the cabin to make our own hot drinks and sit on the balcony.