RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I think the majority of us men can be ready in about 20 minutes.

I find i can sit on the balcony with a drink for an hour first then 20 minutes to get ready and we are ready at the same time lol.

Another reason why i order room service breakfast every morning.lol.

I would absolutely love room service breakfast on my balcony :hearteyes: but we will probably never book a suite and I know DH wouldn't want to pay "extra" for it.:( He did bring breakfast to our room once when I was a little "under the weather" from the previous night. We usually enjoy breakfast @ JR's on the Oasis class. When he retires in 2020, I am researching AUS/NZ cruises the following Feb/Mar and maybe will be able to splurge on a suite but will at least have a nice balcony!!:*

I would absolutely love room service breakfast on my balcony :hearteyes: but we will probably never book a suite and I know DH wouldn't want to pay "extra" for it.:( He did bring breakfast to our room once when I was a little "under the weather" from the previous night. We usually enjoy breakfast @ JR's on the Oasis class. When he retires in 2020, I am researching AUS/NZ cruises the following Feb/Mar and maybe will be able to splurge on a suite but will at least have a nice balcony!!:*

You don't have to book a suite to get a balcony. :confused:

We normally get a mid ship balcony or JS.

The new hot room service breakfast is good and i like breakfast around 7.30-8 am so room service is a perfect choice for us.

You do have to book a suite to NOT be charged for a complete breakfast though.

IMO the new hot breakfast is worth the money and it is so convenient being able to sit on our balcony eating breakfast before we get ready to go out of our cabin.

IMO the new hot breakfast is worth the money and it is so convenient being able to sit on our balcony eating breakfast before we get ready to go out of our cabin.

You convinced me! What the h***! I'm gonna give it a whirl!;p

Yes, I know. I was talking about the "free" room service with a suite. Sorry I was not more clear!;)

No problem...I was just worried you thought you had to book a suite to get a balcony. I thought you meant paying extra for the suite.

"but we will probably never book a suite and I know DH wouldn't want to pay "extra" for it."

My bad... sorry

:(

"Sea" you soon on Oasis! :D

Edited by island lady

We were still Diamond when we first boarded Harmony on her second sailing in May 2016.

We were having a coffee one afternoon in the DL and had a pleasant chat with a couple of D+ members and they said the banning of D+ from the new SL felt like a loyalty demotion and they would avoid this class of ship in future.

I personally prefer the DL over the CL on most ships and i know several D+ members who feel the atmosphere is better in the DL.

I don't understand how anyone can feel demoted from a suite lounge, when they are not staying in a suite! The suite lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles, and no other C&A categories. If the SL is that important, then those who want entry should book a suite ( easy) , or sail often enough to become Pinnacle .

M

I don't understand how anyone can feel demoted from a suite lounge, when they are not staying in a suite! The suite lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles, and no other C&A categories. If the SL is that important, then those who want entry should book a suite ( easy) , or sail often enough to become Pinnacle .

M

When they kick you out of the CL and change the name to SL and say your not welcome.

Maybe not a demotion but loyalty has been diluted

Think of it this way - It is a lot cheaper to pay for room service full breakfast ( or other meals) a few times, than booking a full suite just to get free room service breakfast! And, don't forget that you can get a nice variety of items from the complimentary continental room service breakfast.

enjoy

When they kick you out of the CL and change the name to SL and say your not welcome.

Maybe not a demotion but loyalty has been diluted

Exactly which CL’s were renamed SL?

I believe Liberty?

Unless Diamond, Suite Guests do no get 3 Free drinks loaded on their Sea Pass cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Might try room service. Only done it once years ago. Ordered it once before we got off the ship in Rome. Never got it

Room service is cancelled on the departure morning.

The new hot breakfast is as much as you want and now has fried eggs, omolettes and nice bacon.

We have had it on the majority of our cruises.

M

Understand, but it does stink when you're used to having access to two private lounges then having it reduced to one. Especially to D+ members like myself who remember when we had access to the CL when we were D and had that taken away.