Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

Yea but room service is 7.95 per order. Jonny Rockets is 9.95 per person..and nowhere near as good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very true. I don’t mind the new room service charge nearly as much as the price increase at JR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Crowding? I'm confused.

On Harmony in December it was dead. We had a Boardwalk room and rarely saw a crowd at JR. Always open tables inside and out. We didn't even use our free vouchers.

If not enough people bite at $9.95, I can see them changing to a different venue.

If not enough people bite at $9.95, I can see them changing to a different venue.

That seems like the most likely to me as well. Maybe they are planning on removing it, and just want to test with much higher prices first to see if it becomes a money maker or should just be ripped out in future drydocks.

Does that mean when you go to Johnny Rockets on board Anthem it's like going to a land based Johnny Rocket? You pay for everything/ This is also on top of a surcharge for going to the restaurant? Why's Anthem different then other ships that have this restaurant? TIA

There is no surcharge or cover charge for JR on Anthem. You only pay for the items you order.

I imagine Anthem is different because they thought they could make more money this way.

There is no surcharge or cover charge for JR on Anthem. You only pay for the items you order.

I imagine Anthem is different because they thought they could make more money this way.

I'm only going to be in a balcony cabin. I suppose then they'll be a surcharge in addition to the itemized bill. the burgers are good but not sure that they're that good. i don't mind spending the money but they certainly are hitting you for every nickel and dime.

I'm only going to be in a balcony cabin. I suppose then they'll be a surcharge in addition to the itemized bill. the burgers are good but not sure that they're that good. i don't mind spending the money but they certainly are hitting you for every nickel and dime.

No JR surcharge on Anthem no matter what stateroom category you have.

No JR surcharge on Anthem no matter what stateroom category you have.

Thanks. i had a misunderstanding. I didn't read JR as Johnny Rockets. I read it as JS as in Junior Suite. That's why I asked you about a surcharge for a balcony. MY mistake and thanks for the help.

Thanks. i had a misunderstanding. I didn't read JR as Johnny Rockets. I read it as JS as in Junior Suite. That's why I asked you about a surcharge for a balcony. MY mistake and thanks for the help.

You're welcome and that reminds me not to use so many abbreviations.

I'm sure this has been said before here but I would actually pay those prices on the Anthem. We are a family of 3 and I don't see us paying over $30 for a meal at JR anymore but if they had the pricing like the Anthem on other ships I could see us stopping in and paying for it (and if you price up what you normally get with the prices it would be more than the charges of years past.) But knowing I can get just a burger for $2.50 would tempt me to enter more than a $10 "cover charge"

Out of curiosity, can you use a soda package in JR's on Anthem, or do they always charge $1.50 for a soda regardless?

Out of curiosity, can you use a soda package in JR's on Anthem, or do they always charge $1.50 for a soda regardless?

Yiou can use a package for fountain soda, but not for shakes.

Yiou can use a package for fountain soda, but not for shakes.

Strange that one really.......with a deluxe drinks package you can have pretty much any blended cocktail but not one with milk and malt....however they are lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange that one really.......with a deluxe drinks package you can have pretty much any blended cocktail but not one with milk and malt....however they are lovely.

I found that a little puzzling also. Carnival's alcohol package includes milkshakes at their Promenade Cafes (or at the Shake Spot, on ships so equipped), but Royal "guards" those Johnny Rocket's milkshakes VERY zealously. :)

A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean confirmed the report to Cruise Critic: "This is just a pilot that applies to a small group of sailings, and at this time we do not have plans to roll it out to any other ships or beyond the select sailings on Oasis."

We'll be on Oasis in 10 days. I will check it out when we are there and let everyone know. I am Not sure if our sailing will be one of the 'pilot' sailings.

A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean confirmed the report to Cruise Critic: "This is just a pilot that applies to a small group of sailings, and at this time we do not have plans to roll it out to any other ships or beyond the select sailings on Oasis."

We'll be on Oasis in 10 days. I will check it out when we are there and let everyone know. I am Not sure if our sailing will be one of the 'pilot' sailings.

I believe the pilot is over and already rolled out to Oasis Class ships and one Freedom Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then why was it on Allure two weeks ago?

I too would think it would be a charge now, otherwise if it were a free venue - what perk are you getting in the boardwalk balcony of a meal for 4 at Johnny Rockets? If it were a free venue, you would eat anytime. Making it a perk with the cabin would indicate some kind of fee associated with dining there.

Does anyone know if the milkshakes are included when doing the meal as your perk for the boardwalk balcony?

I too would think it would be a charge now, otherwise if it were a free venue - what perk are you getting in the boardwalk balcony of a meal for 4 at Johnny Rockets? If it were a free venue, you would eat anytime. Making it a perk with the cabin would indicate some kind of fee associated with dining there.

Does anyone know if the milkshakes are included when doing the meal as your perk for the boardwalk balcony?

The meal voucher is just the standard cover charge afaik. No milkshake included.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app