Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

Star class is an exception.

Starbucks beverages are also included. I had mine delivered. There are no charges for any food items for Star class guests (except for Starbucks pastries)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just read on another thread that on Allure, the upcharge steak and lobster at Chops is not included for SC. I have been SC on Harmony 3 times and this has always been included. Guess I'll find out next month when I am SC on Allure.

I just read on another thread that on Allure, the upcharge steak and lobster at Chops is not included for SC. I have been SC on Harmony 3 times and this has always been included. Guess I'll find out next month when I am SC on Allure.

Please report back if that is the case. We were able to get steak and lobster last week on Harmony and the time before we got a sea food tower at no extra cost.

RC, consistent at being inconsistent.;)

It sounds like whomever was either misinformed or said person simply ran into yet another employee that has no idea what they are doing. The program is still relatively new, and not available on all ships. One new transfer employee and your getting billed. Same idea every time I contact RC they always end the call asking if I would like to purchase a package that is already included. In this RC really needs to get their act together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It sounds like whomever was either misinformed or said person simply ran into yet another employee that has no idea what they are doing. The program is still relatively new, and not available on all ships. One new transfer employee and your getting billed. Same idea every time I contact RC they always end the call asking if I would like to purchase a package that is already included. In this RC really needs to get their act together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I totally agree that phone agents do not know the answer, as well as a new employee from another ship making a mistake.

As for on the ship there was a different between ships. In the summer of 2016, when the program was only months old, we sailed on Allure. We were told by our Genie that the upgraded steaks and lobster at chops, wine pairings with Chefs table and 150 CP (which was still available then) and milkshakes at JR were all up-charges for Star Class guests. At the same time on Oasis there were no charges on the steaks/lobster and milkshakes. I can not remember about the wine aspect.

Last week on Harmony when we personally got pop corn they charged us and when the Genie got it for us there was no charge. It was backed out of our bill. There should be an easier way, but it has not been figured out yet.;)

• 2 months later...

Sorry, if someone already mentioned this - I was trying to make my way through the whole thread and didn't quite do it yet. We are on Explorer of the Seas in September. Does anyone know if they have upped the price at JR to $9.95 there, as well? I know it's a cover charge and you can order as much as you want, but I won't get more than 1 burger and some fries. But, if I'm really craving it, I'll probably go for it.

Just read online, Johnny Rockets increased cover to $9.95 on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH used to like to go there once on a cruise, but I know he won't think it's worth $10pp. I barely eat anything, and he just has a burger and fries... We might go there to use our BOGO shake/malt coupon.

Sorry, if someone already mentioned this - I was trying to make my way through the whole thread and didn't quite do it yet. We are on Explorer of the Seas in September. Does anyone know if they have upped the price at JR to $9.95 there, as well? I know it's a cover charge and you can order as much as you want, but I won't get more than 1 burger and some fries. But, if I'm really craving it, I'll probably go for it.

I have not been there since they raised the price, but when we did go, they still charged us extra for a milk shake. Not cool.

Personally I’m sure why my one would really want to eat there. Never was a fan of JR as it’s nothing special and there’s nothing special about it on the ship. Give me a hot dog from the boardwalk anytime.
Boardwalk is an Oasis class exclusive.

Mariner did have a hot dog stand

That was a surprise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I thought they always charged for milkshakes?? Where they free at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they were. Before any service charge for JR, all food and drinks gratis there. I was on Mariner in Nov. 2003....no charge for anything at JR. :)

Boardwalk is an Oasis class exclusive.

Mariner did have a hot dog stand

That was a surprise

Indy had hot dogs at the Sweeze Bar on the pool deck the last time I was aboard.

When they started putting JR on the ships the original charge was $3.95 then $4.95 then $6.95. I was fine with $6.95 because I still felt like I was getting on OK deal with all you can eat (not drink). At $9.95 or basically $10.00 per guest that's too much of an up charge on this venue. I can actually eat cheaper for a JR meal on land! https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/johnny-rockets-prices/ Someone said to cut down on crowds and this will actually help with that because people won't be going to JR's

for that $9.95 up charge. I'll stick with the WJ for lunch and forgo JR's.

When they started putting JR on the ships the original charge was $3.95 then $4.95 then $6.95. I was fine with $6.95 because I still felt like I was getting on OK deal with all you can eat (not drink). At $9.95 or basically $10.00 per guest that's too much of an up charge on this venue. I can actually eat cheaper for a JR meal on land! https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/johnny-rockets-prices/ Someone said to cut down on crowds and this will actually help with that because people won't be going to JR's

for that $9.95 up charge. I'll stick with the WJ for lunch and forgo JR's.

Nope, the original charge was $0.00.

Just sad how so much has a charge or higher charge now. I remember the good old days when everything was included pretty much. Now they look for all kind of ways to make more money! A couple of my family no longer cruise and this is one of the small reasons so they are now doing land based cruises.

Just sad how so much has a charge or higher charge now. I remember the good old days when everything was included pretty much. Now they look for all kind of ways to make more money! A couple of my family no longer cruise and this is one of the small reasons so they are now doing land based cruises.

Just out of curiosity - back in the "good old days", what was the base fare for the cruise? Has it risen alongside inflation? If it's anything like air travel, it's actually cheaper now compared to the past when inflation is factored in. As a result, we're seeing additional fees on top of the base fare that we didn't see before, because the public demanded low fares in a day when the business couldn't operate at that price point. I'm wondering if cruising is the same way?

OK, what's a land based cruise