Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

I thought your ship's JR was ala carte

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for granting me a ship.

Yes, the Anthem is a la carte, but this thread is about the Oasis, and now, apparently, the Allure. They have a cover charge.

Anthem does not have a cover charge, therefore there is no need to explain "cover charge" for the Anthem.

Yes, the Anthem is a la carte, but this thread is about the Oasis, and now, apparently, the Allure. They have a cover charge.

Anthem does not have a cover charge, therefore there is no need to explain "cover charge" for the Anthem.

You deserve your own ship ;)

I thought this thread is about Johnny Rockets, it has evolved into many of the ships, including Anthem.

The overall assumption being made is that the new cover charge is spreading like a cancer.

Not everyone, myself included, is an expert on this vessel like yourself. We turn to you for all things Anthem. :halo:

I was just reminding folks that not all Johnny Rocket's have a cover charge

Edited by John&LaLa

As we just came of of a ship with a Johnny Rockets, we still ONLY get a milkshake from there. It is worth the money, just the fee for the shake which is less than the cover charge and we have a BOGO. From our POV it is the only thing worth having from them.

Hi Paulette, maybe you can answer a question I have in another thread about Navigator; I think you were on that ship (re: diamond vouchers)

Nah, have pretty much quit reading then. But since I am subscribed to all 3 from early on, my email in box is filled with responses. I had a minute today to see how long they had gotten.

You can turn that email option off, I sure would. I have never used it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Paulette, maybe you can answer a question I have in another thread about Navigator; I think you were on that ship (re: diamond vouchers)

Not sure what you mean when you say "Diamond Vouchers"? We did not have physical coupons of any kind -- all of our loyalty benefits were attached electronically to our seapass card. We had a BOGO for JR milkshakes and the 3 drinks to be used at any bar during Diamond Lounge hours or enjoy all the drinks you could drink during DL hours -- which on NV start early at 4:30pm.

Not yet. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure what you mean when you say "Diamond Vouchers"? We did not have physical coupons of any kind -- all of our loyalty benefits were attached electronically to our seapass card. We had a BOGO for JR milkshakes and the 3 drinks to be used at any bar during Diamond Lounge hours or enjoy all the drinks you could drink during DL hours -- which on NV start early at 4:30pm.

I was wondering if the three nightly drinks were able to be used in dining room, specialty dining, buffet. Thanks

I was wondering if the three nightly drinks were able to be used in dining room, specialty dining, buffet. Thanks

I can say YES (sailing on NV 2/2/18) to the use of the 3 allowed nightly drinks in the MDR if you have access to the DL. Our table mates used them. It isn't good on ALL varieties of drinks outside of the DL. I could get a chocolate martini in the DL, but if I ordered that at a bar during DL hours it was at a charge.

Individual taste but,

I do flaunt my C&A status was the best ever.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

This is not a personal attack, but you have only been here for a bit over a year. You have zero idea about the best threads ever. Back in the day.... OMG... This place is thoroughly sanitized for the modern PC world now.

JC

This is not a personal attack, but you have only been here for a bit over a year. You have zero idea about the best threads ever. Back in the day.... OMG... This place is thoroughly sanitized for the modern PC world now.

JC

He never met Bicker....

JC

Best ever in my time here.

Sounds like i have missed some interesting threads.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It's the thing that you think it doesn't sound like

The cover charge COVERS the cost of the restaurant. Its opposite, on a cruise ship anyway, is a la carte pricing.

Either you pay one cover charge OR you pay for each individual item.

At Johnny Rockets, you pay the one cover charge and get all the food you want. It even includes soda! (but not milk shakes)

Ok ... thanks. I figured it was that way, but wanted to be sure. And although ... anywhere else, $9.95 for a burger, fries and a drink is a good price (and if I read that correctly ... you can get 2nd?) ... on a cruise ship where food has traditionally been the all time freebie ... I can understand how upsetting this is.

I can say YES (sailing on NV 2/2/18) to the use of the 3 allowed nightly drinks in the MDR if you have access to the DL. Our table mates used them. It isn't good on ALL varieties of drinks outside of the DL. I could get a chocolate martini in the DL, but if I ordered that at a bar during DL hours it was at a charge.

Excellent, thanks for the update. Was there a printed notice in the room / card with info?

Even though the website says we can take our son in the DL, if there is live entertainment somewhere or we are hungry early (MTD) id like to be able to use the vouchers in the MDR.