Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

...saying they are the same as the Windjammer is kind of like saying Applebees is the same as Peter Luger's.

I know it's random but I really miss the Apple Turnover they used to offer at Applebees. I found the company that made them but they won't sell me any.

1519341948723.jpg.d0b9bf4b0e79432c9d946e397d7bd01b.jpg

So I hope this post answered my question. I wondered if there was a limitation to what you could order? Not that I would go crazy. But I could see a shake, fries, burger, or even onion rings or the chili. Mostly for my husband as he could crazily eat all of that.

Shakes are extra

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If we were to purchase the drink package, does it cover the milkshakes there? Royal is pretty new to us, I have only done a 3 day cruise in the past on a much older ship. We are looking at the Allure for October, so trying to learn what we can.

Milkshakes are not covered by any of the unlimited drink packages.

I am not a picky eater, but my thoughts on all these specialty restaurants are...........the food that is being served at these "specialty restaurants" is the same food or just about the same food as in the Windjammer or the MDR - the food is just in a "different presentation" and people are willing to pay the extra money. Just my thought.

Uhh...no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCI is sailing to Grand Turk? When did that start?

They don't ordinarily; this was a charter cruise....and I have to assume Royal paid Carnival PLC handsomely for the visit. We were pretty happy; out of the 9 sailings of this charter, Grand Turk is everyone's clear favorite.

If the Indy wasn't the biggest ship ever to make port at Grand Turk, I'd like to know what ship was. If stretched out parallel to the beach, I think Indy's stern would have been almost even with Jack's Shack. :)

Do you really eat a full meal right before you go to dinner?

a) what business is it of yours what I do?

b) who said I went to dinner right afterward?

c) as this was a charter cruise with performances on four stages and "weird" opening hours for the MDR and the Windjammer, there would likely not have been time to eat elsewhere later, and JR's was the only option available.

I would have just waited a few hours.....

As the kids say nowadays, "Cool story, bro!".....but see above. We had to take the opportunity when it came.

People will still pay it for various reasons. My family of 4 will be cruise later in the year. We already picked a night the Mrs and I will be going to Giovannis and the teens were told they were going Johnny Rockets, so I will pay it. And if I feel like a burger at some point, I/m not going to let 3 or 10 dollars stop me.

Yes I am with you. Do not love price increases but we will be on vacation. Least of our cost concerns. But understand oteer’s concerns. Maybe this is good as opposed to quality or service decrease?

Yes I am with you. Do not love price increases but we will be on vacation. Least of our cost concerns. But understand oteer’s concerns. Maybe this is good as opposed to quality or service decrease?[/quote]

You make a very valid point.....quality could be reduced or quality of service --- then people will complain about that.

We personally don't go to JR, because we don't like the food other than an occasional breakfast. We don't like that we can't get the hamburger cooked the way we like it, medium/rare. We enjoy the milkshakes.

I believe the price at Izumi as gone up since the very first time we went to it on quite a few sailings ago.....it hasn't stopped us from going whenever we have been on a ship with it. If I enjoy it, we will spend it.

Yes I am with you. Do not love price increases but we will be on vacation. Least of our cost concerns. But understand oteer’s concerns. Maybe this is good as opposed to quality or service decrease?

Or maybe the price will go up and the quality and service will be cut back.;)

Just of Oasis this morning. We had our Boardwalk Balcony lunch at JRs yesterday. We had never been to JRs previously so we wanted to try it out (and the price was right). We still had to pay for floats and shakes. Onion rings were very good (frozen or not), hot and crispy. Chili cheese fries were also good. Burgers were tasty but too well done. Bottom line, bin there, done that.

My 11 y/o son and I had breakfast there earlier in the week. Was hot and fresh (and free) but was still fast food breakfast. Too many other places to have breakfast and lunch on Oasis to do JRs more tan once.

Or maybe the price will go up and the quality and service will be cut back.;)

There’s competition if it gets too bad. For now I think I’d rather sail in a lessor cabin and pay for specialty dining because MDR has gone downhill, on rccl and other lines .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There’s competition if it gets too bad. For now I think I’d rather sail in a lessor cabin and pay for specialty dining because MDR has gone downhill, on rccl and other lines .

I agree about the quality of food in MDR, in addition to the wait time we have experienced.

But the price of specialty restaurants has really gone up over the years, its a no win situation.

Sea Ya

There has never been a bigger ship then the Indy at GT. Nobody else has one that big, except NCL's Escape. It doesn't go there.

I was thinking possibly MSC Seaside if they have an arrangement with Carnival to visit there, but yeah. The Indy was an impressive sight lined up along the inner pier.

I haven’t read through all the posts but the increased price is in effect at JR on Liberty of the Seas. Currently eating at JR and they said it was $11.74 pp.

I have some OBC to burn up so I’m eating here but generally don’t think it’s worth the current upcharge.

I haven’t read through all the posts but the increased price is in effect at JR on Liberty of the Seas. Currently eating at JR and they said it was $11.74 pp.

I have some OBC to burn up so I’m eating here but generally don’t think it’s worth the current upcharge.

Now that is news. It was only Oasis Class. Now spreading to Freedom Class?

Now that is news. It was only Oasis Class. Now spreading to Freedom Class?

I know, right? Totally stinks. I wasn’t aware it had gone up on freedom class either.

3 meals at JR. Subtotal $29.85 (9.95 each). No milk shakes ordered this time. Service charge of $5.37. Total $35.22 with the option to leave additional tip.

I tried to upload a photo of my receipt but it wasn’t working.

I know, right? Totally stinks. I wasn’t aware it had gone up on freedom class either.

3 meals at JR. Subtotal $29.85 (9.95 each). No milk shakes ordered this time. Service charge of $5.37. Total $35.22 with the option to leave additional tip.

I tried to upload a photo of my receipt but it wasn’t working.

It sounds like JR are consistently inconsistent too.