Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

:confused:

FINAL UPDATE

Ok, so to be Fair and Balanced, here goes:

If you want a really good burger, with fries and a drink (ice tea) for $9.38 (room service charge plus 18%) order it from room service! Ordered it, arrived hot, juicy and delicious and less than Johnny Rockets. Now, to be complete with this Fair and Balanced report; we also ordered the chicken wings (all three flavors), nachos, steak quesadilla and the Philly cheese steak. Chicken wings were good but the skin was not crispy; nachos were less than stellar, steak quesadilla was dry, Philly cheese steak was very good. So in conclusion, for a total of $9.38 we got all the above and recommend the Philly cheese steak and cheese burger. And don't forget that for the $9.38 you can order as much as you want!

Man, I see a Nobel Prize for Journalism! :cool:

Wait, I thought the $7.95 included the tip. So, they add 18% to that now? :p

Keep in mind, also, this is a cover charge, not a $10.00 grilled cheese sandwich. If you want a burger plus a grilled cheese, it's all included. Want two burgers? All included. Want 3 burgers, 3 grilled cheese, all you can eat fries? All included.

I hate to appear dumb, but I'm confused! Is there an additional cost for what you order plus the cover charge? Or is the cover charge per person and that is your cost for the food? Sorry, I'm new to this and on past cruises did not dine in any specialty restaurants. Thanks

I hate to appear dumb, but I'm confused! Is there an additional cost for what you order plus the cover charge? Or is the cover charge per person and that is your cost for the food? Sorry, I'm new to this and on past cruises did not dine in any specialty restaurants. Thanks

It depends on which ship you are on. Some have a cover and it includes all you can eat, others don't have a cover and you pay a la cart. It is one or the other but, so far, not both.

I have been told the "all you can eat" was removed, but not verified.

Since specialty dining has kids prices, does this mean 0-5 is free, and what is 6-12; because I have seen $8, $10, and half of adult price (so $5 for JR).

Or do they just charge 9.95 a head and hope no one notices?

I have been told the "all you can eat" was removed, but not verified.

Since specialty dining has kids prices, does this mean 0-5 is free, and what is 6-12; because I have seen $8, $10, and half of adult price (so $5 for JR).

Or do they just charge 9.95 a head and hope no one notices?

LMaxwell; we were told: all those that order, a burger, or fries, or onion rings are charged the $9.95 plus gratuity. Other items can be order and paid for such as a shake or sundae at what ever is the going rate at the time. With that said, I believe that I mentioned before that we did see a guy come in and ask for an order of fries and when told he had to pay the $9.95 plus gratuity he started to leave. The young lady told him to wait and she quietly and quickly place a bunch of fries in a basket and handed it to him.

Seems they should honor the kids pricing; I think sides are still unlimited, but not sandwiches.

We didn't specifically ask about "kids pricing" but as for the burgers, fries and onion rings it was described as "all you can eat".

Edited by whitecap

We did a back to back on Oasis last year and had a boardwalk balcony so had two free meals at JR. It was OK, just that. We wouldn’t have paid the cover charge to eat there then and certainly wouldn’t at $9.95. Better options onboard than pretty basic fast food.

This has a whiff of Celebrity’s pricing pattern with their paid for restaurants. We’ve been on Eclipse 7 times now and each time the speciality restaurants have increased their prices and yet remain very underused. Staff are everywhere trying to entice you to book with a discount. I don’t understand that if a venue isn’t selling well that the answer is to increase the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did a back to back on Oasis last year and had a boardwalk balcony so had two free meals at JR. It was OK, just that. We wouldn’t have paid the cover charge to eat there then and certainly wouldn’t at $9.95. Better options onboard than pretty basic fast food.

This has a whiff of Celebrity’s pricing pattern with their paid for restaurants. We’ve been on Eclipse 7 times now and each time the speciality restaurants have increased their prices and yet remain very underused. Staff are everywhere trying to entice you to book with a discount. I don’t understand that if a venue isn’t selling well that the answer is to increase the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel the same way, seems crazy. The more they raises prices the fewer people yet they just keep doing it. They need to get a grip on real life economics. In my opinion that goes for drink prices as well. I would buy more if I didn’t feel like I was getting ripped off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve only been to a couple of Johnny Rockets on land and they didn’t have anything on the menu I would pay $9.95 for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But that one charge is for as much as you can order. Not too bad a deal! I know I can’t walk into a land based Johnny Rockets, order a ton of food, and pay only $9.95!

Biker posted this. The price for JR is listed in the Compass.

[ATTACH]414776[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure when Biker posted this, what Compass it is from or what ship but I can tell you that Oasis is $9.95 plus 18% gratuity, total $11.74.

But that one charge is for as much as you can order. Not too bad a deal! I know I can’t walk into a land based Johnny Rockets, order a ton of food, and pay only $9.95!

I don't know too many land based Johnny Rockets where you have to pay several thousand dollars just to get into the building that houses the venue.

I feel the same way, seems crazy. The more they raises prices the fewer people yet they just keep doing it. They need to get a grip on real life economics. In my opinion that goes for drink prices as well. I would buy more if I didn’t feel like I was getting ripped off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think they are too pricey myself, but being under used is not usually the case from what I have seen. I think that having the dining package available will have prices for individual restaurants go up some, just to get people to pay the cost of the package, sort of like drink packages. In the end, we all have a choice.