any experience with moveover offer?

minniem

Last night around 7:30 I received an email move over offer for the Crown Princess for the Jan 28th sailing. I responded in less than an hour. Does anyone know how soon they get back to you on these offers? Since the cruise is in 4 days I'm guessing someone was faster than me with a response.

Received an e-mail on a Friday. Called back about 5:15PM and left message that we would accept. Didn't get a return call until about 11:00AM on Monday...one day before sailing. Asked if we were still interested. Offer was very very good and we were driving to the ship so it was a definite yes. It was hard to know whether to pack or not so we just had everything ready to put in the suitcases. You'll know when you really must pack/get everything ready and must decline, if they do call.

Good luck!

Be patient, sometimes it takes a few days to get back to you. I've gotten the return call with LESS than 24 hours...but it's worth it to move over when given the deals we've been offered. Free cruise, balcony cabin to minisuite, ALL fare paid to be given back as REFUNDABLE onboard credit, and many other perks!!!! Yep I'll take a move over offer any cruise.

Here's a recent thread about move overs: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2589770

That wholly mistitled thread is about a voluntary downgrade offer (on the same cruise) NOT a move over offer. Hopefully the OP is asking about an actual move over offer to postpone their cruise to a later date . As it is very interesting that someone from clear across the country (lives in CT, sailing from San Pedro) is receiving an offer so close to sailing; this cruise must be oversold by even more than normal.

We received a move-over offer for a Mediterranean cruise just 3 days before sailing. Our TA contacted us by phone and we only had a couple of hours to respond. We took the offer and figured out what cruise we would like during the next hour and our TA accepted the offer for us and changed the booking. It all happened very fast.

We went from a Western Med cruise to a 12 day Aegean / Egypt cruise with an upgrade from a stern balcony cabin to a mini-suite. We also had Princess EZAir, and they changed the flights for us no charge, and rebated the difference for lower priced airfare. We also got a generous refundable OBC that we were not able to use, despite spending like drunken sailors - we left the ship with $100's. The interesting thing is we had decided prior to this that we couldn't afford the cruise we moved to.

Thanks Princess !!!

We received one early this morning for our 14 day South America cruise that leaves in 15 days. We were sailing with friends who ended up getting the same offer which was this:

Move to any cruise worldwide up to 18 days or 2 cruises equaling 18 days and receive:

*100% of your cruise fare back as a Refundable Onboard Credit!

*Free cabin upgrade on next voyage where available!

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $700 per person.

*Princess EZ Air is protected 100%

We decided to take it and called at 8:30 AM MST. And then we waited. Around 3:30 MST we got the call back that they still needed both of our cabins. The representative could not have been nicer. Although we are somewhat mourning the loss of our long awaited cruise, the numbers just made this offer too good to pass up. So we are now figuring out which cruise(s) to select but it was definitely the right call to accept this offer that seems too good to be true.

We received one early this morning for our 14 day South America cruise that leaves in 15 days. We were sailing with friends who ended up getting the same offer which was this:

Move to any cruise worldwide up to 18 days or 2 cruises equaling 18 days and receive:

*100% of your cruise fare back as a Refundable Onboard Credit!

*Free cabin upgrade on next voyage where available!

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $700 per person.

*Princess EZ Air is protected 100%

We decided to take it and called at 8:30 AM MST. And then we waited. Around 3:30 MST we got the call back that they still needed both of our cabins. The representative could not have been nicer. Although we are somewhat mourning the loss of our long awaited cruise, the numbers just made this offer too good to pass up. So we are now figuring out which cruise(s) to select but it was definitely the right call to accept this offer that seems too good to be true.

Oh wow!! Congratulations!! That is amazing.

You will have to let us know what you end up choosing.

Oh wow!! Congratulations!! That is amazing.

You will have to let us know what you end up choosing.

Thank you! We will. I think we will let it sink in a couple of days before we rebook but we know we have to pick a cruise that has mini suites and suites available because my friends had a balcony and we had a mini suite booked! Need to make sure we get to take advantage of the upgrade part of the offer too. :D

Be patient, sometimes it takes a few days to get back to you. I've gotten the return call with LESS than 24 hours...but it's worth it to move over when given the deals we've been offered. Free cruise, balcony cabin to minisuite, ALL fare paid to be given back as REFUNDABLE onboard credit, and many other perks!!!! Yep I'll take a move over offer any cruise.

I took advantage of a move over offer for the Star when it just completed its dry dock in Victoria,BC last Dec 2017. One thing that was not clear till I double checked the numbers was not ALL fare is given back as refundable OBC , you do NOT get back the Govt taxes and fees paid for the first cruise, so in my case just $55.

I took advantage of a move over offer for the Star when it just completed its dry dock in Victoria,BC last Dec 2017. One thing that was not clear till I double checked the numbers was not ALL fare is given back as refundable OBC , you do NOT get back the Govt taxes and fees paid for the first cruise, so in my case just $55.

We were told that rolls forward to offset the port taxes towards the next cruise. That's why you don't get it back. Please report back what actually happens in your case!

We were told that rolls forward to offset the port taxes towards the next cruise. That's why you don't get it back. Please report back what actually happens in your case!

To be clear, the Govt taxes of $55 I paid on first cruise is not rolled forward to next cruise since there is no COST to me for the move over cruise. The total of the refundable OBC was cacluted as my cruise fare, plus shareholders and future cruise deposit credit, which is nice as shareholders and FCD OBC credit is usually non refundable. So essentially, I do not get a totally free cruise with the move over one since I am still out the $55 paid on first cruise. Maybe what you are saying is Princess rolls over what I paid on first cruise to count on thier books for the Govt taxes that should be paid on moveover cruise, essentially just accounting notation? Being whatever you paid in Govt taxes and fees in first cruise will be accounted to cover whatever the Govt and taxes are for moveover cruise, even if they are more. Just wanted to be a little clearer but rereading your reply, we may be saying the same? Just wanted to clarify you do not get EVERYTHING you paid for cruise one as refundable OBC .

I may be wrong but I thought if you cancelled a cruise during the 100% penalty phase you still got a refund of the gov't fees (your $55) which probably goes to your credit card. Check your cc statement and see if it is on there. I don't know how long it takes for the refund to show up on there.

We had the same offer for our Around the Horn cruise in 2017, except it was 14 nights instead of 18. We went last minute to the Caribbean for our vacation, and used the moveover to book the same cruise for this year. Port taxes weren't refunded but we don't have to pay them this time. We leave in a couple of weeks - unless they want to make us the same offer again!

We had the same offer for our Around the Horn cruise in 2017, except it was 14 nights instead of 18. We went last minute to the Caribbean for our vacation, and used the moveover to book the same cruise for this year. Port taxes weren't refunded but we don't have to pay them this time. We leave in a couple of weeks - unless they want to make us the same offer again!

If you're on the February 14th cruise that is the one that we were on and it seems to be significantly oversold. I still have the question out to my Princess contact about the exact definition of rollover in the case of port taxes and fees. She responded this morning that those and the Princess insurance would roll to the new cruise, but in the case of that latter, she explained yesterday that if the cost is more for insurance on the new cruise, Princess picks up the cost. If it's less, we would get a check back (although with the cabin upgrade and possibility of a longer replacement cruise, it's unlikely the insurance would go down). EZAir "rollover" works the same as what she mentioned for insurance - we are insulated against a higher airfare but get a refund if the fare is lower for the replacement cruise. So I just need her to confirm that the same would be true for taxes / fees.

If you're on the February 14th cruise that is the one that we were on and it seems to be significantly oversold. I still have the question out to my Princess contact about the exact definition of rollover in the case of port taxes and fees. She responded this morning that those and the Princess insurance would roll to the new cruise, but in the case of that latter, she explained yesterday that if the cost is more for insurance on the new cruise, Princess picks up the cost. If it's less, we would get a check back (although with the cabin upgrade and possibility of a longer replacement cruise, it's unlikely the insurance would go down). EZAir "rollover" works the same as what she mentioned for insurance - we are insulated against a higher airfare but get a refund if the fare is lower for the replacement cruise. So I just need her to confirm that the same would be true for taxes / fees.

CONGRADULATIONS!!

By chance were you and the other couple set-up for a Tour with Patrick Watts on Feb 22? Going to Volunteer Point to see the Penguins? Just wondering since we and another couple are on the wait list. And waiting for 4 to cancel. We are the first 4 to be called next.

We also did a wonderful roll over last year. Ended up receiving two cruises. One was 28 days and the other 7. Everything was as we were told it would be. Enjoy!!

We are going on Panama Canal cruise on Coral next week. Wife received email about a "move over" offer. We are in a Balcony cabin on the Caribe Deck and the offer was to move to an Obstructed Oceanview cabin. We declined.

CONGRADULATIONS!!

By chance were you and the other couple set-up for a Tour with Patrick Watts on Feb 22? Going to Volunteer Point to see the Penguins? Just wondering since we and another couple are on the wait list. And waiting for 4 to cancel. We are the first 4 to be called next.

We also did a wonderful roll over last year. Ended up receiving two cruises. One was 28 days and the other 7. Everything was as we were told it would be. Enjoy!![/quote

We were in the Falklands 3 weeks ago. If you don't clear with Patrick, we went with Estancia and were very pleased--great tour--be prepared for some seriously rough driving though! It's worse than you can imagine.

All the tours companies to Volunteer point pretty much have to take the same rout and do the same thing. Some people were able to pick up the tour on the island without booking ahead.

We are going on Panama Canal cruise on Coral next week. Wife received email about a "move over" offer. We are in a Balcony cabin on the Caribe Deck and the offer was to move to an Obstructed Oceanview cabin. We declined.

What was the proposed compensation to switch cabins?

Does this happen often on Princess ?..........How or why do they over book so much like this? sounds from what I have been reading this happens alot. We have sailed mostly with Royal Caribbean and have hardly heard any stories like this.

Jimbo:)

What was the proposed compensation to switch cabins?

Relocate to an obstructed oceanview cabin and receive:

*100% Cruise Fare Refund (as refundable onboard credit)

This offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis and offer has limited availability.

But we enjoy sitting on the Balcony and select the cabin because it is what we enjoy. Could we have taken the refund, sure, but we elected not to. Personal choice.