Fort Lauderdale Hotels

tbaby2020

I need a hotel for just 1 day before our April cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale/Allure. I am totally clueless about where to stay as I've never stayed in FLL. I won't have a car so having a few stores close by would be nice or just something to see and do. What general area do you suggest? I have been on the travel websites and am floored by how much it's going to cost for just one day. Being Spring Break I'm going to spend nearly $300/nt with taxes for a place that's not got horrible reviews.

Suggestions welcome.

Most people stay around the airport because it's also close to the cruise port, and most airport hotels have a shuttle from the airport to said hotel.

But if you're looking at spending $300+, it might very well be cheaper to rent a car and stay in another party of Fort Lauderdale or surrounding cities.

I need a hotel for just 1 day before our April cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale/Allure. I am totally clueless about where to stay as I've never stayed in FLL. I won't have a car so having a few stores close by would be nice or just something to see and do. What general area do you suggest? I have been on the travel websites and am floored by how much it's going to cost for just one day. Being Spring Break I'm going to spend nearly $300/nt with taxes for a place that's not got horrible reviews.

Suggestions welcome.

Embassy Suites is very popular, and walking distance to stores, wine, restaurants.

We generally stay in the 17th street area, close to the port. Any of the hotels along this street are fine for 1 night. Hilton Marina, and Hyatt Place 17th st. convention center are our favorites. Have stayed at Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Renaissance, they were all OK. These are all about a 7-10 min cab ride. About 3 miles.

We've stayed several times at Embassy Suites however our last trip we stayed at Hyatt Place...great location right next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market, shops and some great restaurants (Duffy's). Try rates using Valuetrips...a very popular booking site for this hotel.

http://www.valuetrips.com

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Inn just last month and got a very decent rate for it on Last Minute Travel Club, although our stay was in low season so for sure it'll be more expensive for your dates.

It's very close to the beach and the port, there are places to eat in walking distance and there's a decent included breakfast buffet. I would happily stay there again.

I too am going in April and couldn't being myself to spend the extreme prices. I recommend heading to Hotwire and selecting the area you want. I'm staying at the Sonesta for a little over $200 and that includes the resort fee. I know hotels around the airport were going for a little over $100.

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Inn just last month and got a very decent rate for it on Last Minute Travel Club, although our stay was in low season so for sure it'll be more expensive for your dates.

It's very close to the beach and the port, there are places to eat in walking distance and there's a decent included breakfast buffet. I would happily stay there again.

I’m glad to see this. I am booked there for my cruise at the end of October for the night:)

I stayed at Embassy Suite on 17th St. close to stores. Check with your roll call and see if anyone is staying there. They have a happy hour in lobby, if I'm not mistaken, its from 6-8. Nice way to meet people before the cruise.

Annmarie

Happy hour is 530 till 730. :)

We always stay at the Hilton DoubleTree Galleria One.

We fly out from California and sometimes take a redeye flight. They have always been nice enough to let us checkin at 7 or 8 am without extra charge.

All rooms have a kitchenette, most have balconys.

They are 1 block from the Galleria Mall which is huge.

3 blocks from a large Publix supermarket, banks, CVS,etc. about 6 blocks from the beach with a great Pizza place we go to. I think it is called Palmeri Brothers.

Love it for many reasons but we like to go to the supermarket & get somethings. You have a frig/microwave and dining table.

We get a beer and sit out on the balcony and people watch

Suggestions welcome.

Wow, none very cheap.

I'd be all over

Pier 66 Hotel and Marina at $196 non refundable or $219 refundable. Very close to airport and port

Edited by cruisinfanatic

In April we are staying at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port in Dania Beach. We will not have a car and it has free shuttles to/from the Airport and to the cruise terminal

I'd also try the sister property, SpringHill Suites, also in Dania Beach.

We stay in Dania Beach at Comfort Suites Airport South,Cruise port on 19th Court s.w.

Pick up at airport. Free buffet breakfast and shuttle to port (not sure of cost.

Very responsible,very clean and great staff

There is a couple of restaurants across the street and Oakwood Mall about 10 min. Walk with K Mart for last minute items and wine. There is also several fast food restaurants in this area as well as other restaurants.

This is our go to place when we stay in Fll before a cruise

I'd also try the sister property, SpringHill Suites, also in Dania Beach.

Thanks. We considered that one but it does not have a shuttle to the port, only to the airport so we decided on the Courtyard. We are using points to pay and they are both the same amount so its a win :)

Thanks. We considered that one but it does not have a shuttle to the port, only to the airport so we decided on the Courtyard. We are using points to pay and they are both the same amount so its a win :)

Then that is new since we've been there. They had a free shuttle to the cruise terminal last time we were there.

Then that is new since we've been there. They had a free shuttle to the cruise terminal last time we were there.

Its not mentioned on their site and Trip Advisor has a review that they will start charging in 2018. I just sent a msg to the Springhill, Fairfield and Residence Inn to see if they offer a free port shuttle. I will report back when I hear from them.