alcohol package buy for 1 of 2, because the 2nd is diamond +

apk1389

Any of have any experience with this or advice?

I am Diamond plus and do not purchase the drink package because I will only have a drink or two at night with my diamond drinks. My friend(who is in my room) coming normally buys the drink package, how do we go about this. If I say for personal reasons I do not want the package, will this affect the diamond drinks. Any advice, I could not find anything in the threads with this situation

Edited by apk1389
clarify

Your drinks won't be affected, but if the other person is in YOUR cabin, both of you must buy the package. Your friend can buy as they want as they go....you don't NEED a package to get any drink!

he is in my room, I just updated the post

Any of have any experience with this or advice?

I am Diamond plus and do not purchase the drink package because I will only have a drink or two at night with my diamond drinks. My friend coming normally buys the drink package, how do we go about this. If I say for personal reasons I do not want the package, will this affect the diamond drinks. Any advice, I could not find anything in the threads with this situation

You cannot get out of the package "for personal reasons". If you do not drink at all, that is one thing - but you do drink so that would not apply to you.

I would suggest your friend just pay as they go.

Unfortunately it is all the dishonest people out there that caused this situation. Frustrating for sure - but unfortunately dishonest people don't really care how their actions affect anyone else.

I would consider buying the sofa package, but only on the ships with the freestyle machines because there’s more color choices than just your basic colors at the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the sofa package because I don't have to worry about chair hogs. I just get a sofa from the freestyle machine and plop it down by the pool. Problem solved.

I like the sofa package because I don't have to worry about chair hogs. I just get a sofa from the freestyle machine and plop it down by the pool. Problem solved.

Are we allowed to share the sofa with others who don't have the package?

Are we allowed to share the sofa with others who don't have the package?

Oooo, that’s a tough one. Maybe if you buy a single seat sofa, then no. But if you buy a sofa with several seats then it would be treated like a bottle of wine, and you could share.

Do they have places to store my sofas overnight? Or do I just throw it overboard when I'm done with it and get a new one the next day? I don't think it will fit in my room.

I thought you had to check the sofas back in at the same place you check the towels back in. Otherwise you might get charged a missing sofa fee.

Oooo, that’s a tough one. Maybe if you buy a single seat sofa, then no. But if you buy a sofa with several seats then it would be treated like a bottle of wine, and you could share.

But then you would be charged a $25 "sitting" fee if you take it outside your stateroom!!!!:eek:

I thought you had to check the sofas back in at the same place you check the towels back in. Otherwise you might get charged a missing sofa fee.

But isn’t the whole point of the sofa package that you can try out a new sofa, but throw it overboard if you don’t like it?

I suppose I can see incurring a $25 “overboard” fee for polluting the oceans (credit to Molly361 whom I forgot to quote for the overboard fee comment) (since we want to “save the waves” and everything), but they can’t just go around charging fees to people for missing sofas, especially when you have the package.