Add Ons - Celebration

Muffinz

Just checking our reservation for our cruise and under Add-Ons it says Celebrations

I was going to sneakily ask the travel agent to let Celebrity know this is a special cruise (our first) for my wife's 50th birthday, but I think my wife might have beaten me to it.

Does 'Celebrations' means that Celebrity already know about my wife's birthday?

Just checking our reservation for our cruise and under Add-Ons it says Celebrations

I was going to sneakily ask the travel agent to let Celebrity know this is a special cruise (our first) for my wife's 50th birthday, but I think my wife might have beaten me to it.

We book our cruises through a large online TA from NH that often sponsors cruise critic newsletters. Our last 4 or 5 cruises all say the same thing under Add-Ons. I've been puzzled by it since none of those cruises have been on any special occasion that we're aware of, nor has there been anything done. I think it may be something that the TA lists as a special booking promotion, since in the case of each cruise, the TA has offered at least one, and sometimes more than one additional perk to what was being offered through the cruise line. I've not bothered to ask the TA. If you're curious call the TA on the QT and ask what that means.

If you want to schedule something for a special dining room celebration for your wife, I'd quietly speak to your waiter the night before the event, and then remind the waiter the day of. They'll bring a nice cake.

ok thanks for the replies..... I might contact celebrity or our travel agent and see if they can do anything

someone said on an earlier thread last year that we should contact celebrity to let them know it's wife's birthday....

hopefully their contact details are on their website :-)

ok thanks for the replies..... I might contact celebrity or our travel agent and see if they can do anything

someone said on an earlier thread last year that we should contact celebrity to let them know it's wife's birthday....

hopefully their contact details are on their website :-)

While it's nice to contact Celebrity early, I'd strongly recommend additionally speaking directly with your maître d and waiter if you want to make sure something is done. Also, if you make a purchase of any type of special package I'd go to Guest Services the first day to make sure they have a record of it and still speak with the wait staff. Something forgotten in the stateroom, or a fake trip to a restroom will make a believable cover story to cover up your real purpose and assure that your plans are activated. I know this sounds a bit OCD, but with the special needs and wants of 3,000 passengers to pamper it's easy to have something missed, and better safe than sorry.

There should be blue text link ‘add special occasion details’ right after Celebrations that when clicked allows you to add any noteworthy celebrations such as Anniversary. I suspect it just becomes a part of your file for Your butler or steward and probably does not guarantee anything noteworthy. We are celebrating our anniversary and added that note. Will see if anything transpires from it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There should be blue text link ‘add special occasion details’ right after Celebrations that when clicked allows you to add any noteworthy celebrations such as Anniversary. I suspect it just becomes a part of your file for Your butler or steward and probably does not guarantee anything noteworthy. We are celebrating our anniversary and added that note. Will see if anything transpires from it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

no - it just says 'celebrations' in normal black text...

• 2 months later...
I have celebrations add/on too. I thought it might be my “go best “promotional package, because I didn’t see my drink or internet package anywhere else on the reservation.

I'm guessing/hoping the same as we chose the drink package and OBC as our two perks but those are not listed anywhere, just "celebrations".

The Celebrations field has appeared on every reservation we have had with X-20 past and 6 future. When we book our TA always asks if we are celebrating a special event during the cruise. Twice my DH had a birthday and it was noted under Celebrations on our booking. As far as I know nothing happened as a result of birthday being noted.

I arranged with our Butler for a surprise party one year and another year I arranged for a special cake in Blu with a flashing Happy Birthday on it.

If you are looking on the website for a beverage package or internet that was a included perk it should show up in your Cruise Planner under Order History. That has been hit or miss but as long as it is showing on the Celebrity Booking Confirmation Guest Copy you are set.

Nop, Mine says ANNIVERSARY 2019-03-20, I added it the same day of the booking, also the Booking confirmation in special services says ANNIVERSARY(ANNIVERSAR)(03/20)

Every cruise we've booked with out TA on X has said Celebrations, despite the fact that we have had no birthdays or anniversaries while sailing on any of them. I've come to the conclusion (may be erroneous) that it indicates the TA's promotion where they give additional perks to what is currently being offered by X. IDK if others who see the Celebration field on their reservation are booking directly with X or with a TA. Maybe others who see it indicated when there is no occasion to trigger it would be kind enough to comment. Curious.

Our last cruise said Celebrations too, as it was our anniversary the day we boarded, but no one in the dining room was aware. When the maitre d came around that evening to introduce himself, my husband mentioned it. A few minutes later:

40992647995_98c96fd1f8_b.jpg

• 10 months later...

I was just looking at my online account at our two upcoming cruises and I noticed we have "celebrations" under add-ons as well. I'm pretty sure this has to be the drink package, because we didn't add any special occasions or any other information to these reservations. Has anyone asked Celebrity?

The celebration field has nothing to do with the beverage package.  It is a place where your TA or the booking rep can note if you are celebrating a anniversay, birthday or special occasion on the cruise.

If abirthday or anniversary is being celebrated you may get a cake.   You want the occasion noted with a cake speak to the MaitreD a day before.

We are going on our Honeymoon on the Summit cruise. It is HARD finding a cruise that doesn't leave on a weekend (hard to swing a wedding and a cruise departure in the same week! Glad I found the Monday, March 25th departure on Summit -- found out about the revolution months after booking it).

We booked through celebrity website directly. I added the "Honeymoon" celebration to our reservation . . . not sure, but we may have been bumped up to concierge class from veranda stateroom because of it (or maybe because I paid of the bill very early, and maybe that puts you ahead on the upgrade list?) -- or the concierge room could have had 3 guests booked in it, and then the room became a 2-person room. Whatever the reason for the upgrade,  I can't wait for our cruise . . . it is keeping me sane through all the final details of throwing together this wedding! 👰🤵 [reading cruisecritic as I am printing off the reception programs]

Ever since we've viewed the Celebrity website I've seen Celebrations when I clicked on "Manage Reservation" and I've always wondered about it. When I clicked on the word, nothing came up.  We have always, except for our first X cruise booked through the same TA. We have never sailed on any occasion that was a celebration. Our TA always asks about any celebrations during the booking process and my answer has always been none. Not surprisingly, nothing happened. Fast forward to a new cruise we booked. I advised the TA that DH and I are celebrating a special milestone anniversary during the cruise. When I logged into my reservation on the X website and clicked on the word "Celebrations"  anniversary, the date and the number of years is listed as opposed to all those other cruises when nothing was listed. We'll be curious to see if anything occurs, but at least now we know what that the reason is for the "Celebration" notation.

Last year my husband turned 70 while on a cruise. He didn't want a fuss made, in fact the reason we made sure to be on the cruise on his actual birthday was so that our children didn't make a fuss. Although we didn't ask for the event to be recognized, you can't hide your DOB from the cruise line and on his birthday a bottle of sparkling wine and a very elaborate cheese and fruit tray was unexpectedly delivered to our cabin. Nice touch!