East coast

eglingirl

Wanting to take an east coast cruise. Ports I definitely want to see are Bar Harbor and Nantucket Island. What cruise line visits these two ports?

Hi there

Check "American Cruise Lines", I know they have ships that stop at Bar Harbor and Nantucket, but I don't know if they have an itinerary that stops at both on the same sailing.

Their ships are not like the mass market cruise lines.

good luck with your search

have a great cruise

HAL visits Barr Harbor weekly from late spring through summer. I don't know of a cruise line that goes to Nantuckerd. We once went to Marth'as Vineyard on HAL b ut that was some while ago. We never stopped at Nantucket on a cruise.

Fly to Boston, rent a car drive to Nantucket Island (take a ferry across the water), visit said island. Maybe even visit Martha's Vineyard while you are in the area. Return to Boston and board mainstream cruise line for trip up the New England coast to Bahh Habahh.

Fly to Boston, rent a car drive to Nantucket Island (take a ferry across the water), visit said island. Maybe even visit Martha's Vineyard while you are in the area. Return to Boston and board mainstream cruise line for trip up the New England coast to Bahh Habahh.

You really can't drive to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. Yes, rent a car in Boston and drive the either Falmouth [Woods Hole ]or Hyannis, park the car there and take the high speed ferry to either island. The big old ferry is the one that carries cars and its best to make reservations$$$$ if you want a car to explore the islands. Better, rent bikes on the island and explore the area, maybe a night on either of the islands.

To truly enjoy Maine, keep the rental car and drive up the coast. I prefer Booth Bay Harbor.

Darcy

Darcy

You really can't drive to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. Yes, rent a car in Boston and drive the either Falmouth [Woods Hole ]or Hyannis, park the car there and take the high speed ferry to either island. The big old ferry is the one that carries cars and its best to make reservations$$$$ if you want a car to explore the islands. Better, rent bikes on the island and explore the area, maybe a night on either of the islands.

To truly enjoy Maine, keep the rental car and drive up the coast. I prefer Booth Bay Harbor.

Darcy

Darcy

I was born and raised in Maine (Portland area)...Glad someone else agrees with me on Boothbay Harbor. ;)