Anyone else ever receive room service revenge?

RangerMom

Recently off of the Carnival Liberty. The first night on me and my roommate put our breakfast order out the night before. I sleep with earplugs in. The next morning I slept through the knocking on the door, and the phone call and message left that room service was trying to deliver. My roommate remembers hearing the phone ringing but wasn't familiar with the sound and thought that it was maybe my cell phone making noise or something so she didn't get up. Later that day we noticed we had a message and we realized that our breakfast and coffee had in-fact been delivered and we didn't answer.

Two nights later we tried it again. I placed the order out the night before. This time I woke up to the very light tapping on the door, even with my earplugs in. A couple bananas that I ordered were not included on the tray and instead of cream cheese for my bagel they had put lard in the fancy dispenser and squirted it into the cup to make it appear as cream cheese. They also didn't send strawberry jam or jelly, it was two cups of some sort of bright red gelatin based something, perhaps a sweet & sour type sauce for egg rolls? Didn't even taste like that, however.

It took us a day to realize that it was in retaliation for the previous mistake of sleeping through the delivery. I'm just wondering if they had done anything to the fruit we did eat, or the pot of coffee we drank? Hmmmm. We have both contracted the flu or cruise-crud since.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. I'm sure as busy as they are on the cruise they don't have time for "revenge" antics. Also, I'm pretty sure their pay is the same whether you sleep through room service or not (okay minus the tip.)

Mistakes happen. I ordered room service every night on my last cruise and almost every night it wasn't "exactly" correct - it is fine though. If someone is bringing me food that I didn't have to cook or clean up from, I'm not complaining!

Hope you feel better.

My worst experience with room service was when I got a 5AM wakeup knocking and phone ringing, for an order I didn't place that had a generic Mr. Smith's name on it. I later asked Guest services and room service if they cross reference the names on the order with the cabin manifest, and got silence. I told them they and I got probably got pranked by someone's idea of a joke.

I honestly doubt that room service would purposefully sabotauge an order, but if there was anything mysterious or unordered on my delivery, I would have just called them back to pick it up and get it out of my cabin. Sorry the OP got sick, that could have happened anyway.

We did receive horrible room service on the Paradise last month. First, when you call for room service, the phone honestly just rings for like 15 minutes and no one answers. Second, I place a breakfast order on sea day one that arrives almost an hour difference in what I placed on the card. Third, and later in the cruise my daughter texts me saying it is time for the show, but she ordered room service over an hour ago and it is not here yet. I told her to call and cancel, but after 15 minutes of listening to it ring, she gave up and went to the show. Never heard anything about her order.

My worst experience with room service was when I got a 5AM wakeup knocking and phone ringing, for an order I didn't place that had a generic Mr. Smith's name on it. I later asked Guest services and room service if they cross reference the names on the order with the cabin manifest, and got silence. I told them they and I got probably got pranked by someone's idea of a joke.

I do wish there was a way to deal with room service pranks- surely the ordering could be on the TV instead of from a hang tag?

We once got a room service delivery with nearly 1 of everything on the menu, rather than the maybe 3 things we ordered. I was mortified, as half asleep I really only had a tip for what I ordered.

Our dinner mates (people we didn't otherwise know) later admitted to having checked everything on the tag when they saw it hanging up.

Recently off of the Carnival Liberty. The first night on me and my roommate put our breakfast order out the night before. I sleep with earplugs in. The next morning I slept through the knocking on the door, and the phone call and message left that room service was trying to deliver. My roommate remembers hearing the phone ringing but wasn't familiar with the sound and thought that it was maybe my cell phone making noise or something so she didn't get up. Later that day we noticed we had a message and we realized that our breakfast and coffee had in-fact been delivered and we didn't answer.

Two nights later we tried it again. I placed the order out the night before. This time I woke up to the very light tapping on the door, even with my earplugs in. A couple bananas that I ordered were not included on the tray and instead of cream cheese for my bagel they had put lard in the fancy dispenser and squirted it into the cup to make it appear as cream cheese. They also didn't send strawberry jam or jelly, it was two cups of some sort of bright red gelatin based something, perhaps a sweet & sour type sauce for egg rolls? Didn't even taste like that, however.

It took us a day to realize that it was in retaliation for the previous mistake of sleeping through the delivery. I'm just wondering if they had done anything to the fruit we did eat, or the pot of coffee we drank? Hmmmm. We have both contracted the flu or cruise-crud since.

A bit over the top here. I guarantee you they don't keep track of who ordered what and when for room service. There are thousands of people on board. Mistakes happen in anything.

And really...how do you think they "infected" you with the flu????

I do wish there was a way to deal with room service pranks- surely the ordering could be on the TV instead of from a hang tag?

We once got a room service delivery with nearly 1 of everything on the menu, rather than the maybe 3 things we ordered. I was mortified, as half asleep I really only had a tip for what I ordered.

Our dinner mates (people we didn't otherwise know) later admitted to having checked everything on the tag when they saw it hanging up.

How obnoxious. They felt it OK to waste food by ordering one of everything? I hope you didn't know these people.

Two nights later we tried it again. I placed the order out the night before. This time I woke up to the very light tapping on the door, even with my earplugs in. A couple bananas that I ordered were not included on the tray and instead of cream cheese for my bagel they had put lard in the fancy dispenser and squirted it into the cup to make it appear as cream cheese. They also didn't send strawberry jam or jelly, it was two cups of some sort of bright red gelatin based something, perhaps a sweet & sour type sauce for egg rolls? Didn't even taste like that, however.It took us a day to realize that it was in retaliation for the previous mistake of sleeping through the delivery. I'm just wondering if they had done anything to the fruit we did eat, or the pot of coffee we drank? Hmmmm. We have both contracted the flu or cruise-crud since.

And you reported this?:rolleyes:

So obnoxious! that would be the last meal I ate at the same table as those cretins!

So other than breakfast, is the only way to order room service by phone in your room? In other words, no one could call in an order mid-day and have it delivered to your cabin? I ask because of the new items that have a cost associated with them, either during the day or later at night!

That's what I thought too? If you don't know them, how in the world would they know what room you were in? That's not known to table mates.

Because we got along when we were sat together, and over the course of 8 nights went to a few shows together, we even did a beach day together. It turns out our cabins were only a few apart, so they saw us go in and out. We figured Carnival sat us together because we had very similar profiles- same cabin type, both booked on military rates, couples of approximately the same age. I don't know if they still do, this was 10 years ago, but Carnival had a knack for placing tablemates who would enjoy each other's company together. Another cruise we met people who we've since gone on another vacation with- because Carnival placed us together.

We've never talked to them since, I didn't use facebook then, so we didn't keep in touch.

Not sure if you are paranoid, making a joke or trying to stir the pot.

Is the late night charge only for those new items that cost $ or is there a generic charge to any late night order even if you order off the free menu?

The items for free only available during the day... The late night stuff is a completely different menu and you pay per item.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I don't see how it was their fault you slept through room service. You admit you had earplugs in. If they banged on the door then that would be a complaint as well, so they were at least not obnoxious. Now getting sick I don't think they got you sick but with change in weather you can get sick. Maybe just remember if you order something don't put in earplugs or set an alarm so you can get the door.