Cruise Critic's lackluster section on Mariner.

Doc2725

While doing my research for our upcoming Mariner cruise, I have noticed that CC's selection of photos of Mariner is very limited, especially compared to other RCI ships. To give you an example, here is the collection of photos they have for Harmony, Navigator and Empress.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/harmony-of-the-seas-983/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/navigator-of-the-seas-264/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/empress-of-the-seas-1103/

Now here is the one for Mariner.... https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/mariner-of-the-seas-274/

See the difference. Any idea why Mariner seems to be the only one they have not bothered to have a decent photo section for?

Mariner has been in Asia.

Yes, but that should not affect it having a large photo section of CC, like the other ships in RCI's fleet. Other ships have been abroad too, and still have a complete section of photos on here.

Yes, but that should not affect it having a large photo section of CC, like the other ships in RCI's fleet. Other ships have been abroad too, and still have a complete section of photos on here.

Which RC ships have been exclusively in Asia for years?

Which RC ships have been exclusively in Asia for years?

I said abroad, not "exclusively in Asia". I would ask you to please not put words in my mouth, especially if they are inaccurate.

Aren't most photos user submitted? In that case, there might not be as many people posting photos.

If you click the links I posted, you will see that most of the photos are professionally done by CC (or whoever they contract to do it). There is a section for member photos too though. It appears that CC had someone go on and photograph each RCI ship (I think each) except of Mariner. I am just wondering why they left Mariner out, but did the others?

Asia is a very different market than most other international cruise destinations. Mariner did mostly short cruises with a huge emphasis on gambling and shopping, catering primarily to people from the region.

Rarely do you even see reports or info from cruise critic members.

I’m sure there will be a large photo gallery posted shortly after Mariner arrives in the US for her Bahamas cruises.

Any idea why Mariner seems to be the only one they have not bothered to have a decent photo section for?

For a number of years Mariner has not been in the North American market and the (fantastic) galleries done by CC are by a staff member onboard for a trip they are taking. When the Mariner returns to the US and gets a revitalization at dry dock I'd expect to see a comparable gallery on that ship.

I said abroad, not "exclusively in Asia". I would ask you to please not put words in my mouth, especially if they are inaccurate.

If you click the links I posted, you will see that most of the photos are professionally done by CC (or whoever they contract to do it). There is a section for member photos too though. It appears that CC had someone go on and photograph each RCI ship (I think each) except of Mariner. I am just wondering why they left Mariner out, but did the others?

I believe that if you have a problem with CC you should contact them directly and not post negative criticism of them on their website. Just not correct in accordance with their rules for their website!

I said abroad, not "exclusively in Asia". I would ask you to please not put words in my mouth, especially if they are inaccurate. ...

Merion Mom said Asia, which was what I was referring to. Please do not put words in her mouth, especially when they are inaccurate.

For a number of years Mariner has not been in the North American market and the (fantastic) galleries done by CC are by a staff member onboard for a trip they are taking. When the Mariner returns to the US and gets a revitalization at dry dock I'd expect to see a comparable gallery on that ship.

They are fantastic, I agree. I hope you are right and they add a proper album when it returns to NA. In the meantime, does anyone have a link to a decent photo album of Mariner?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are fantastic, I agree. I hope you are right and they add a proper album when it returns to NA. In the meantime, does anyone have a link to a decent photo album of Mariner?

When do you sail?

She will be changing a lot. I'll be on the repo from Singapore and feel that some of what is there now will be going away on our 28 (originally 41 😠 ) day voyage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Type "Mariner of the Seas" into the search bar at http://www.images.google.com

I did, most are outside photos though. The cool thing about the way CC did photos of the other ships is that every bar, restaurant, shop and venue is photographed and put in a separate album. Hopefully when it comes back to NA they will take photos like they did for the other ships.

I did, most are outside photos though. The cool thing about the way CC did photos of the other ships is that every bar, restaurant, shop and venue is photographed and put in a separate album. Hopefully when it comes back to NA they will take photos like they did for the other ships.

You didn't look very hard. That search easily brought up this youtube video:

I have been on Mariner (Singapore-Shanghai) and can completely understand the understated info and pictures.

This will change as she returns.

Thank you! I hope so. We sail on her in October 5. They will probably wait until after her dock to do the photos, don’t you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums